Road Trip

I Believe In Fate

 

 

"Taemin! Alina! Time to go! Come on!" Key screeched at us to get into the car.

It was finally Taemin's eighteenth birthday. He had barely woken up, but when he did, he looked at me and grinned, his hair sticking up in tufts and his eyes puffy. "Happy birthday, Tae~" I said, smiling at him and then gently kissing him. Ah, I could never get used to that.

I was up and ready, my make-up done, my hair done, all dressed, but Taemin was still laying there with a foolish smile on his face.. What was this kid thinking..?

"Tae, we really have to go. Come on~!" I said, yanking him by this legs out of the bed. He groaned, turning over, still grinning.

"What is wrong with you?!" I said, panting. He was so strong. He was like a huge boulder that wouldn't budge.

"Oh.. nothing~" He said. I got the feeling he knew about the surprise. Maybe Taemin was smarter than we actually thought.

He finally got up after a lot of bribing with kisses, and he brushed his teeth. "One second, umma!" He screeched back at Key and the rest, who were already in the car. Once he finished, I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the car.

"Finally! What took you so freaking long?" Jonghyun said. He was sitting next to Key who was in the driver's seat.

"Taemin didn't want to get out of bed," I explained, and he nodded. 

We sat down next to each other, Taemin resting his head on my shoulder. "Tsk, tsk," I heard Minho say as a reaction to the skinship and I couldn't help but laugh as my cheeks turned red.

Key inserted a Super Junior CD, and we all sang along to Mr. Simple. 

As the music faded out, Jonghyun spoke out. "How about we play truth or dare?" He suggested.

We all agreed, Taemin clapping in delight. "You go first," Taemin said to me. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth," I said, biting my nail.

"Hmmm, how much do you love me?" He said, cutely. Everyone groaned. 

"Come on, Taemin. Like you don't already know that!" Jonghyun said.

"Make it interesting!" Key agreed.

"Well, I don't have any ideas! One of you ask her!" He said, pouting.

"Okay... is Taemin a good kisser, and how far have you two gone?" Key said, raising his eyebrows.

Of course Key would ask something like that. Taemin sat up a little straighter, and I could tell he was a bit uncomfortable with the question.

"Yes, and just kissing for a very long period of time..." I said, awkwardly looking down. Taemin giggled and squeezed my hand.

"Oh come on~ Really Taemin? Couldn't go further than kissing?" Minho teased. Taemin punched him, "Stop hyung!" I giggled.

"Okay, now my turn to ask someone.. Key, what's the farthest you've gone with a girl?" I asked, grinning deviously. I was trying to get him back for embarrassing Taemin and I like that.

He instantly blushed and stuttered. "I don't think you kiddies should know that," Jongyun said, laughing and patting Key on the back. Key glared at him.

After awhile of playing, we realized we had finally reached the destination. As we came to a stop in front of the mansion, my mouth dropped wide open. It was gorgeous! Right on the beach, a huge castle-like house sat, ivy running up the sides. 

"What is this?" Taemin asked, his expression similar to mine.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We brought you to my beach house as a surprise~" Key said. "Gotcha pabo!"

Taemin grinned. "I actually knew all along. I heard you guys. But thank you so much! I wasn't expecting anything like this..." I knew he knew. Darn it!

"I-I.. I love you guys.. I'm so thankful," He said, and I could see a few tears forming in his eyes. I hugged him tightly and he nuzzled his face into my neck, whispering to me, "I love you,"