Skinship

I Believe In Fate

 

 

We jumped out of the car, hands squeezed tightly together. His smile was bright and wide, his eyes were shiny and big, and I felt happy to see this side of him again.

Cheerfully, I kissed him on the cheek. He looked at me and smiled, "What was that for?" he said.

"Just because," I giggled.

"You're so cute~" He whispered, laughing and shaking his head.

"AISH~ REALLY?! STOP! YOU'RE DRIVING ME INSANE," Key yelled from behind us, with the rest of a very annoyed SHINee. I had totally forgotten about them, and my cheeks caught on fire. Taemin and I's skinship was at a very high level, so they would just have to get used to it. I giggled quietly to myself, secretly pleased with their obvious jealously.

"I'll race you to the beach," Taemin suggested, ignoring them, and grinning. 

"You know you're going to loose, right?" I grinned back, narrowing my eyes.

"Key, count down from three please," Taemin yelled, releasing my hand and getting into a running stance.

Showoff, I said, grinning. 

"One," Key said, reluctantly.

"Two," He sighed, giving in.

"Three!" He said, whistling.

We ran at the same speed, occasionally passing each other by a millimeter every now and then. If I slowed down, even a little, Taemin would win. Was Taemin really not going to let me win? Was he this stubborn? I'd just have to show him I could win on my own.

I took a deep breath, and accelerated my speed, gaining a few feet distance between and Taemin. He groaned and caught up to me, laughing. 

Eottoke! I thought. At this rate, it would be a tie. But suddenly an idea popped into my head.

"Tae..min..nie~" I called cutely, panting, and he looked over at me, nodding his head.

What could I say that would surprise him so much that he would stop?

"Since it's your birthday... I'll give you something special tonight..." I said, blushing. Would he stop?

He turned beet red and slowed down, trying to comprehend what I had said. His flustered expression was so adorable, as he put his hands on both of his cheeks, then realizing I had passed him by a far distance. He sped up a bit, stumbling, but it was too late. I had already gained too much distance for him to beat me. I'll just pretend like I meant it in a different way, like I was actually going to give him a present, I told myself. But as I reached the finish line, I hesitated. Should I just let him take it anyway he wants?

I slowed down before touching the finish line, looking down at the sand and rocking back and forth on my feet, regretting having tricked Taemin. Once he reached where I was, he slowed down too, not able to look me in the eyes. 

"Why'd you stop?" He stuttered.

"Why did you slow down earlier?" I asked him. 

"Well.. You.. I thought.. Never mind. I guess I just misunderstood what you said," He said, brightening up.

I was a little sad, because the thought of doing something like that with Taemin was looking more and more nice to me everyday, but it'd just have to wait, so I pushed the thought out of my head, cheering myself up again.

"Don't you want to go to the finish line?" He said, pushing me forward.

"Let's go together," I said, grabbing his hand and walking to the beach, finally reaching the finish line, together. He smiled at me warmly, and I smiled back, even giving him an eye smile, but then, he quickly pushed me into the water.

I fell straight in, my whole body and my clothes getting soaked in the salty water.

"PABO!!!!" I screeched, running after the giggling little kid.

"Mianhae~" He said, showing me his aegyo.

"It's not working. Get over here, NOW," I giggled, half mad, and he obeyed, standing next to me, by the water. He knew I was going to push him.

But before I could push him, he picked me up like a little kid and walked into the water, knee-deep, with me screaming in his arms. He just grinned at me, setting me down. I splashed water in his face, and he splashed more back at me.

"You're so mean," I said, pouting.

"I'm sorry~" he apologized, wrapping his arms tightly around me and rocking back and forth. 

I'm not sure if he felt it too, but hugging like this, in the ocean, felt kind of... I'm not sure how to explain it. It felt like a whole new level of skinship, even though we weren't wearing swimsuits, and our skin wasn't touching. 

He pulled away just slightly to be able to kiss me, and when our lips touched, he spun me around with him, in the water. It was so cute, I had to laugh, breaking off the kiss. And it was just in time, too, because the rest of SHINee was entering the beach.

I finally got a good look of the beach around me. The sand was very very pale, almost bleach white, the water was turquoise, the sky an electric blue being framed by puffy white clouds. The trees elegantly swayed in the soft wind and the smell of sea salt traveled through the same wind.

"It's so beautiful, isn't it?" Taemin said to me, looking around like I was doing. I nodded, grabbing his hand and walking out to join the rest of SHINee.

 

They took one look at our dripping clothes and hair and shook their heads. "Are you sure you're eighteen?" Onew teased Taemin, which caused a whole round of teasing and laughing from the rest of the boys. You could tell they were really close, always teasing each other and acting very comfortable with one another. It was very cute.

We went inside the house, Taemin and I wrapped in a towel together, his arms wrapped around me for warmth. It was large and super modern, just like how I imagined Key's house would look. Everything was tidy, organized, and clean. Spotless, and well, shiny.

"Wow, oppa! Yeppeo~" I exclaimed, smiling to Key. 

He laughed, shaking off the compliment, "Nah, it's no big deal," but a chorus of compliments from Minho, Taemin, Onew, and Jonghyun followed.

 

Key showed me to my room, carrying my light suitcase for me. I thanked him and locked the door, stripping off my soaked clothing and tossing them into the sink and under the running water. I turned the water off, and put on my bikini, which was baby blue, with yellow polka dots. I tied my hair up, letting two loose strands of hair hang in front, also applying a teensy bit of waterproof make-up to my face.

In it, the room had an oversized fluffy bed, a TV, a dresser, and a desk. It was extremely big, probably about two times the size of my current room, which I thought was already big, and also clean and neat, unlike mine. I'd have to try my best to keep it that way.

I slipped into my coverup, which was a cute blue dress I had bought on one of my vacations to the Caribbean. Just as I finished, I heard a knock on the door.

Unlocking the door, I see Taemin, wearing baby blue swimming trunks and a cute yellow shirt. "We're matching!" He exclaimed. I bit my lip. How cute could he be, seriously?

"Aren't the rooms so nice?" I exclaimed, throwing myself onto the bed. He lay down next to me, both of us staring up at the ceiling.

"Yeah, but it's lonely in there. I'm so used to sleeping with you," He said, blushing.

I grabbed his hand and squeezed it. Sometimes, he was so cute I felt like punching something. 

He my cheek and lightly kissed me. It was the little things he did, like this, that I loved him for. I kissed him back, opening my eyes for just a second to see his facial expression. He was smiling.