Your Name, Forever The Name On My Lips...

I Believe In Fate

 

 

That weekend was the best weekend of my life. I couldn't stop smiling like an idiot every time I thought about it. The confession, the kiss, how we slept together. On the way to school, I even listened to a ton of SHINee's songs, squealing when Taemin started singing. I sang along happily, because at this rate, my life would be perfect. And it never was. But maybe just this once, it would be.

I got out of the car and walked across the parking lot to the entrance of the school, when someone covered my eyes and said, "Guess who?"

"You have to change your voice for that to work, pabo," I said, turning around and hugging him.

He chuckled and gave a small peck on the lips, "Let's go to class,"

He took my hand in his and we walked into the school. I was nervous. How would people react? But nobody seemed to notice...

Until we passed by the es. 

They laughed out loudly and called me rude names. And the one who asked if he was available on the first day of school yelled out, "ing liar!" which caused a round of cursing to echo through the halls.

This was not going to be good. But, as if Taemin could feel my nervousness, he squeezed my hand and we kept on walking, ignoring the laughs and screams.

 

TAEMIN'S P.O.V.

 

I was worried. The screams we were getting weren't positive, and Alina didn't seem like she was taking it too well. And I still didn't know what my boss was going to say when he found out, but I tried not to worry myself. Though he could be very tough, he could also be understanding... sometimes.

Before she walked into her class room, I stopped her. "Don't ever listen to them, okay? They're just jealous,"

"I know, I know. But I can't help but being worried. I mean, what if they decide to do something?" She looked at me, scared.

"Nothing's gonna work. And if they lay a finger on you I will..." I paused. My bottom lip started to tremble. No one could ever lay a finger on her ever again, or I would surely kill them. Her bruises were prominently still there, and I didn't want anything else happening to her. If they wanted to take their anger out on someone, I'd want them to it to me.

"Shh~" She said, kissing me softly. She pulled away and looked at me, smiling. "Let's just forget what just happened, okay? Pretend like it never happened,"

I nodded, and she walked into her classroom.

 

ALINA'S P.O.V.

 

Classes went perfectly fine, but I was worried for science. I had been totally distracted the whole day, but I tried to clear my thoughts and concentrate on science. But it didn't work. The teacher had to constantly ask me to pay attention, and finally when class ended, she wanted to 'have a word with me'. She was so annoying.

"Alina, why are you so distracted?" She demanded, tapping her finger impatiently on the desk.

"I didn't get much sleep last night," I lied, hoping she would take it. 

She narrowed her eyes at me and pushed me towards the door. "Get some sleep then!" 

I rolled my eyes and walked out. Did she do this to other students, or just me? I shook my head to clear my thoughts and walked out of the building. To my surprise, Jonghyun came to pick me up.

"Hi, Jonghyun!" I said, he patted the seat next to him, so I gladly got in and buckled up.

"You're probably wondering why I'm here... Well, Taemin had a... meeting to go talk to his manager, so he left early, but he wanted to... talk to you, so I volunteered to pick you up," He said. 

Oh , I totally forgot about the whole manager thing. This could not be good.

"Okay!" I said. The rest of the car ride was silent except for Jonghyun humming along with the songs that played on the radio. His quietness made me even more nervous. He was never like this, always laughing and teasing. 

Once I got off the car and saw Taemin, my bad feeling was confirmed. Because when he looked at me, he started to cry. 

"Taemin?" I said, hearing the worry in my voice. I felt like I was going to throw up. 

He looked at me and closed his eyes tightly. Tears fell down his already tear-streaked face.

"Alina..." He paused, pointing to a newspaper on the table. "My..my manager f-found... that,"

On the front cover of the page it said, "SHINee's Lee Taemin Dating?!" and it had a clear picture of us kissing that morning in the school parking lot. My first reaction was that it was one of those es who did it, but then I worried even more. Did the manager not accept it? My hands started to shake and I could feel a few tears forming in my eyes.

"He wants me to.. b-break up with you," He said, bursting into more tears.

I nodded. I knew that this was what he was going to tell me. I couldn't help but cry a little too. "But, I think we shouldn't," He pleaded. Just as he looked at me, I noticed a huge black and blue bruise on his cheek. 

"Taemin, what is that?!" I said, my tone rising. That manager sure was an to hurt Taemin, and over me..

I couldn't help seeing Taemin hurt like that, and because of me. He looked down at the floor, his lip trembling.

I wish I could kiss him and tell him everything was going to be alright. But it wasn't, and I didn't want to lie to him. We had to accept the truth.

"Taemin... I don't like seeing that you got hurt... because of me. I think it's better... if we do... break up," He looked at me in disbelief and started to cry again.

"Stop, please. Please, just don't cry. This hurts for me, way more than it hurts for you. Okay? I'll wait for you, until you're allowed to date. You don't know this, but I've loved you ever since you debuted.. and I'll love you forever," I paused, thinking.

"But, just for now, maybe it's best for you, and for me, just to give up," I said, looking at him. I wiped his tears away and kissed his cheek. Would this be our last kiss?

"I'll...always love you too!" He yelled out, before another wave of tears hit him. I felt a huge pang in my chest, like someone was stabbing me repeatedly.

But I knew, staying there for longer would just hurt us both more. "Promise?" I said, my voice shaking. I tried to smile at him and he bit his lip. We pinky swore, and I walked out of the dorm, not looking back. Because that would kill me even more than the sobs I heard.