Make up, shake up, break up~

I Believe In Fate

 

 

"JAJAN~!" Summer squealed as I answered the door. Today was the 'long awaited fun day' that she was surprising me with.

She was wearing a black crop-top and ripped jeans. Her hair was up and her eyeliner was thick. What were we doing?!

She looked at me once and shook her head. "That outfit isn't good for where we're going. I'm picking your outfit," She said, climbing the stairs two steps at a time before I could even open my mouth.

After what seemed like an hour of clawing through my mess of a closet, she was finally satisfied. "Go put it on and don't look in the mirror until you get out!" She commanded.

I walked into the bathroom, eyeing what she chose. It was a tight turquoise shirt and black high waisted shorts. She told me to put my hair half up half down, so I did so, carefully. Then I slipped on the shoes, which were about six inch white wedges. I had to say, I liked it.

As I walked out the door, she gasped. "Now you look prettier than me!" She whined. "Let me do your makeup,"

I nodded and trustfully let her do it. I could feel her applying eyeliner, eyeshadow, and lipgloss. 

"Done!" She said, with a satisfied grin. "Go look,"

I nodded and looked at myself in the mirror, taken aback by what I saw.

At first, I thought it was someone else. The girl in the mirror was so different looking, yet she really looked like the girl who used to care what she looked like, because she had a reason to. But looking at myself, I had to be impressed. The shirt wasn't too form fitting, so you couldn't tell I was starving myself, but the shorts and the wedges made my legs look miles long. As I smiled, I heard Summer sigh. 

"Let's go then!" She said, pulling me out the door.

I felt better. For a moment, I just forgot my depression and sadness, and allowed myself a bit of fun. But it didn't last long until I realized why Summer was actually doing this in the first place: to cheer me up.

__________________________________________________________

We got off the car in front of Madison Square Garden, and I knew it was a concert. 

"Don't you dare look at any of the signs!" She threatened. I nodded my head, looking down.

We walked through the massive building, a tall man guiding us to the arena our concert was in. He showed us to our seats, which were at an arms length to the stage, and left us to have fun. 

I could hear girl's gasps of jealously at where we were sitting. I mean, I would be pretty jealous too. Summer smirked at them and then turned her attention to the stage. It was finally lighting up.

"Yes! I'm so excited!" Summer squealed, clapping her hands.

"Who's performing?" I said, looking at a sign a girl was holding up. But it just said something in Korean that I couldn't understand.

But then, as five very, very familiar boys came onto the stage, I knew exactly who was performing...

SHINee.

_____________________________________________________

I stared at the stage in panic, my eyes starting to fill up with tears.

"Y-you know.. thats.. thats Taemin... right?" I said to Summer, pointing at him, but not looking at him. Why would she take me to a SHINee concert!?!?

"Huh? Taemin's in SHINee? Oh ..." She bit her lip. "Do you want to leave?" 

I shook my head. I just would pretend like nothing ever happened between Taemin and I and I would enjoy the concert. When will I ever get such good seats?

But the pain kept building up on me. He was so perfect. So effortlessly perfect. The way he smiled down at the audience made me get chills.

And then he looked at me.

Straight in the eyes.

I gasped and covered my mouth, instantly looking down. He stood on the stage, staring at me narrow eyed. 

Please don't recognize me, please don't recognize me, please don't recognize me. I chanted to myself, freezing. Please.

And luckily, he continued on with the concert, not paying anymore mind to me, until a special section where SHINee would call a girl up to the stage and sing to her started. When it was Taemin's turn, all the girls squealed, but I just looked down. Don't pick me, don't pick me.

"You," He said, pointing at me. I looked at him in the eyes and I felt a sharp pang of sadness. I could tell he knew who I was by then.

I shook my head, but he pulled me onto the stage, sitting me down on a chair.

He sang and dance to 'Replay' for me, while trying to act normal, but I could tell something was off.

I could've died right there of embarrassment and sadness. I missed him so much...

Finally, he finished up, bowing to me to not show his emotions. And while the crowd roared, he whispered to me, "Alina, is that really you..?"

I bit my lip and looked down, not able to answer. I couldn't speak to him. It just felt like another one of my nightmares.

Tears welled in my eyes and clouded my vision. No, no, no.

"Alina..?" He said again, shaking my arm. But the stage manager asked me to leave the stage, and I happily agreed, running off, the tears streaming down my face.