First Fight

I Believe In Fate

 

 

Music blasted through the speakers Key and I set up, and everyone was smiling. Nickhun from 2pm approached me, smiling.

"Hi, I'm Nickhun. Nice to meet you~" He said, cutely.

"I'm Alina," I said, smiling.

"I've heard so much about you," Nickhun said, laughing.

Suddenly, I feel Taemin back hug me. "So, you've met Nickhun-hyung, huh?" He said, smiling at us.

"Yeah," Nickhun said, suddenly stepping away a bit. 

"Mind if I steal her away from you for a second?" Taemin asked. Nickhun shook his head and walked away.

Taemin put his hands on my waist and started to dance with me.

"What was that all about..?" I said. It was a little weird. Once Taemin came to say hi, Nickhun left, looking kind of scared.

"I knew you would ask me," He sighed. "Nickhun..."

"Yes?"

"Well, since I talk about you, and show everyone pictures of you to show off, I guess Nickhun found you... attractive. He told that to Taecyeon, anyway. And Taecyeon told Minho, who told me. I talked to Nickhun about it, and told him to back off, and stuff like that, but he said I didn't treat you right, and crap like that. I don't know why he's saying all this, when he hasn't even met you until tonight..." Taemin said, rolling his eyes.

"What?!" 

"Yeah... He's gonna be trouble tonight. Ignore him, okay jagiya?" He said, kissing my forehead.

"Yes, Tae~" I said, wrapping my arms around his neck.

 

The night went on with tons of dancing and eating. I got to know a lot of the kpop groups I loved since forever, but I avoided Nickhun. I felt a little guilty. He was always my favorite person in 2pm, and like my 2nd favorite kpop star (before Taemin, of course). So, I couldn't help but be a little flattered that he liked me.

"Guys!" Minho called.

Everyone went quiet, turning their attention to him.

"We're going to play truth or dare, so everyone sit in a circle," He ordered. Everyone did exactly as he said.

I sat next to Taemin, and Nickhun sat next to me, not saying a word. Taemin protectively grabbed my hand, and tried not to look Nickhun's way.

The dares were mostly kissing dares. Sunny from SNSD was dared to kiss Siwon from Super Junior, Yoseob from b2st was dared to kiss Hyoyeon from SNSD, and etc. When it was Taecyeon's turn to dare someone to do something, I felt his eyes on Nickhun. 

Oh god... I said to myself.

"Nickhun, I dare you to kiss..." He started.

Not me, not me, not me. Please.

"Alina,"

Everyone went silent. They all knew Taemin and I were dating. I felt Taemin squeeze my hand extremely hard, and let go. I looked at him, looking for some help, but he just stared madly at the wall, clenching his fists. 

"Hyung, is it okay?" Nickhun asked him.

"Yeah... It's just a stupid dare anyway," Taemin coldly answered.

I didn't want to kiss Nickhun. Something about him made me really upset.

He turned to face me, biting his lip. I looked down, trying not to make eye contact with him.

He leaned in, closing his eyes and finally, kissing me. I could feel his tongue trying to make it's way into my mouth, but I blocked him, not kissing back. Finally, after about 3 seconds, he pulled away, smiling at me. I felt guilty. I could tell Taemin was upset, and it was his birthday after all. The last thing I wanted to do was upset him.

After the attention was moved to someone else, I finally mustered up enough courage to speak to Taemin again.

"Tae...?" I whispered.

He looked at me, tears in his eyes.

"Taemin, can we go talk for a second?" I said, tugging him to another room. He nodded.

When we were finally in the next room, all alone, Taemin allowed his tears to finally run down his cheeks.

"Taemin, I'm so sorry. I hated it, I swear. He's disgusting. And, and... I never meant to hurt you, especially not today, and..." 

"You liked it, didn't you," He croaked out.

"What?" I said, shocked.

"You couldn't have not have liked it. He's everything you probably want. He's right. I don't treat you right. I don't deserve you," 

"Taemin... That's not true... I..."

"You closed your eyes. You blushed when he pulled away. I saw it, Alina. It's okay. He's got everything. Good looks, charisma, but yet he's nice. I get it," He said, looking away and shaking his head.

"No, Taemin! You don't understand! Please!" I said, sobbing.

"I do. I knew you loved 2pm from the time I heard you listening to their music in the shower,"

"But Taemin...! You know I love only you!"

"How many times are you going to tell me that?"

"Until you finally believe me!"

"Oh, I believe you," He coldly said.

"Taemin... You're being such an idiot!" I said, shocked at what he was doing. Why was he mad at me?!

"I'M being an idiot?!" He said, yelling. 

He looked so mad, and suddenly, he struck me on the cheek, looking surprised after he realized what he had done.

I opened my eyes so wide, I think they could've popped out of my head. But the tears that followed quickly clouded my vision. I put my hand on my cheek and shook my head.

"Wait," He called, as I ran up the stairs to my room.

I couldn't believe he hit me. The sweet, caring, innocent Taemin that would never hurt a fly. He hit me. I locked the door in his face and sat on the bed, crying onto a pillow. He banged on the door.

"Please... Alina, I'm sorry... I-I overreacted.. I can't believe I did that.. I..." He said. I could hear him crying up against the door.

"Please, just leave me alone. Go have fun," I told him. 

Of course, I didn't love him any less. I was just extremely shocked. I wanted to be alone.

"But A...Alina... I...I... I can't when I know I hurt you so much. Please!" He said, suddenly going quiet as he heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Hyung? What's going on?" Nickhun said, innocently.

" you, Nickhun," I heard Taemin say, coldly.

"W...what?!" He said.

"You ing did that on purpose. You told Taecyeon to do that, didn't you?"

I was surprised. I could feel Taemin's flaming charisma even through the door.

"Aniii... I just.."

"Get out of my house," He said. "Before I punch you to a pulp. And stay away from Alina. Forever," 

"But, hyung! It was just a dare. And you said it was okay," He sweetly said.

"Not when you try to stick your tongue down ," Taemin said. So he did notice!

"But hyung.."

"Get. Out." I heard Taemin say as he cracked his knuckles.

I heard Nickhun sigh and turn around and walk down the stairs. 

"Alina... Please, just at least let me in," Taemin said. I couldn't take the pain in his voice any longer. It was his birthday anyway.

Even though I was still pretty upset at him, I unlocked the door and stood in front of him, not making eye contact with him.

Suddenly, he got on his knees and started to beg.

"I'm so sorry. I should have never done that. I don't know what came over me. I just took my anger out on you, and I did that. I'll never forgive myself. I'm so sorry, Alina. Truly," He said, his hair covering his face.

It softened me a little bit. I knew it was an accident. 

"Taemin... get up.." I said.

He got up and I could see tears running down his face. "I hate that kid," He said.

"Tae... I only love you. Please, understand that," I said, hugging him tightly.

"But you shouldn't love me... I'm so terrible to you. Nickhun's right," He said, crying harder.

"I hate fighting with you. I don't care that you hit me. I don't care," I said, pulling away from the hug and looking at him in the eyes.

"I'm sorry. And I love you, baby~" He said, kissing me. 

"I love you too," I said, laughing and crying at the same time.

"I swear, on my life, on my family, on SHINee, on everything, that I will never do that to you ever again," He said, grabbing my face in his hands.

"It's okay, Tae. Really,"

"I don't deserve you," He said, hugging me again.

"I don't deserve you!" I said.

He smiled at me, rubbing my back since I was still sobbing. The sobs were more of relief. I hated fighting with Taemin. Everything about it. It just ate me up inside to think that any of these fights could be our last. So I was happy it was all over, and we were still together.

"Everything okay?" We heard Minho call from the hallway. He entered the room, smirking, with a very bruised up Nickhun, who looked embarrassed.

"Yeah. Now it is," Taemin said, his arm around me.

"Nickhun, isn't there something you wanted to say?" Minho said, his flaming charisma scaring Nickhun into finally speaking up.

"I'm sorry I ruined your birthday party, hyung. And Alina, I'm sorry I tried to take you from Taemin-hyung. I won't do anything like this ever again. I'm sorry," He said, bowing.

"Good. Now, leave," Minho ordered Nickhun. He obeyed and silently walked out, but not before bowing again.

"You okay, guys?" Minho asked us.

"Yeah, but I'm such an because I-" Taemin started, but was cut off by me.

"Nothing. We're all good, Minho. Just ignore him," I said, not wanting Minho to get upset at Taemin.

"Okay, well, I'll leave you guys alone," He said, closing the door behind him.

"Thanks, hyung," Taemin said to Minho.

"So, we're okay?" Taemin asked me, my hair.

"Yeah, of course. Even if you stabbed me, I would still love you," I said, kissing his cheek.

"You're too good for me," He said, kissing me.