I'm Always the Maknae

I Believe In Fate

 

 

Ever since I was young, I was always the maknae. I skipped a grade, and that changed everything.

I was made fun of, taunted, bullied. I never knew anyone who was going through the same situation so I shook it off and grew a tough skin. I hated being the maknae...

Until I found out about Taemin.

The day SHINee debuted, I gained so much courage, that the next day I went up to those bullies and told them to stop. They did.

Ever since that day I have loved Taemin. Every hour, every minute, every second. Some people say I'm a crazy fangirl, but I say I'm just crazy in love.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alina, would you just explain what you find attractive about him? I mean, he looks like a girl," Sam, a girl in my grade, condescendingly said about Taemin. 

"What I find attractive? There's nothing I don't find attractive. We have so much in common too. But I know he would never like me," I answered, this time madly. If I had to answer one more time why I found him attractive I was going to snap. And stop treating me like I'm a child.

"The thing you should worry about is that he lives all the way on the other side of the world. Remember? We're not in Korea? We're in New York,"

I didn't have time for a lecture. I nodded and rolled my eyes. 

"Yeah, whatever," I dismissed her, walking to my next class.

"Keep wishing~" She called after me.

'I'll show them one day. He'll be mine. I'll show them,'  I told myself, grinding my teeth. But was it true?

I'd just have to believe it myself.

_______________________________________________________

Through out all of my classes, I wasn't able to think about anything but Taemin. I daydreamed about what it would be like to be his girlfriend, or even what it would be like just to meet him someday. But the bell brought me back to reality. 

"Alina? I'd like to see you after class," my science teacher told me. Oh no, what did I do wrong?

"Well, I just wanted to say I was impressed by your grades last year, and I expect the same, if not more, from you this year. Don't let anything distract you!" She said. I just nodded and thanked her.

How could I not be distracted with Taemin corrupting my brain 24/7?!

 

 

 

 

I know it's pretty short, but I felt like it would be a good ending to the chapter. And I'm adding a new one or two right now, since I have nothing else to do at 6 AM. LOL. Well thank you!!