Friends..? Or More..?

I Believe In Fate

 

 

"Yeah, I'd love to hang out with you today! Let me just get my coat," I said, skipping off to get my trench coat. It was the perfect day to hang out with him.

I was nervous. I mean, yeah, I was 16, but believe it or not this was my first date. If it even counted as a date. I hadn't even had my first kiss yet, not that I was expecting it to happen, but I was really hoping it did, anyway.

We walked out to cold street. Though nobody was on the street, it seemed lively, full of Christmas spirit. I loved that feeling. It put me in a good mood.

 

TAEMIN'S P.O.V.

 

We walked out onto the freezing street. When suddenly, she smiled the smile that made me ache inside since the day I first met her.

"Oppa?" She said, her big eye's shining. 

"Y-yes..?" I said. She was too pretty. Why did she have to be pretty?! It was making me nervous!

"Let's go to Central Park and have a snow fight!" She said, giggling. How could I resist?

Then she did something that electrified me. She grabbed ahold of my left hand and tugged me, saying, "Ppali, oppa!" 

I think it was probably the cutest thing she'd done yet.

 

ALINA'S P.O.V.

 

I dragged him by the hand to Central Park. It was beautiful. The snow covered the trees like icing, and children were building snowmen. 

When Taemin was distracted, I made a huge snowball and threw it at him, giggling.

He looked at me, confused at first, but then, he ran after me, throwing snowballs at me.

If we could do this forever, I would totally do it. It was the most fun I'd had for a long time.

Finally, he lost track of me, so I hid behind him and pushed him into the snow. Trying to be nice, I offered my hand to help him up but he pulled me down and I fell right next to him.

For a second, I lay there, holding his hand. I wanted it to stay like this. But for some reason, there was something in our way. What was it?! Damn it.

So we got up, and went to the nearest Starbucks to get hot cocoa.

"Taemin?" I said, as we sipped our cocoa.

"Yeah?" 

"Did you have fun today?" I asked. I was curious to what his answer would be. Would he get shy again?

"Fun is an understatement. I'm glad I came to hang out with you," He said, tucking a loose strand of my hair behind my ear.

I looked down, embarrassed. Did he really just do that? While looking at me so cutely? Was he trying to give me a heart attack?

______________________________________________________________________

Taemin hailed a cab, and we got in. I got sleepy, so he told me to sleep on his shoulder.

"Really?" I asked, trying to hide my awe. He was being so sweet.

"Yeah!" He said, putting my head on his shoulder.

Once we got off, we lingered by the door for awhile, but I sadly knew nothing was gonna happen. 

I gave him a tight hug around his neck and said, "I had so much fun today. Thanks for coming," I didn't want him to leave though.

"I had so much fun, too. We have to do this again!" He said, and I nodded.

"Well, bye bye," I said, waving and turning around to go inside.

"Wait," He said, as he pulled me back. I looked at him expectantly, waiting for him to do something, anything.

And before I could even think, he kissed me softly on the cheek and walked off. I could see his cheeks were beet red, and not only from the cold weather.

I touched my cheek and kept my hand there until I got to my room.

I'd been waiting for this for 5 years. For those kissable lips to finally just kiss me. And they did.

I fell back on my bed and couldn't help but just smile.