Gullible Maknae

I Believe In Fate

"Alina," I distantly heard. It was just another one of those hallucinations I had. Taemin was gone. It was time I accepted it.

"Alina!" He said louder, this time softly kissing me. I opened my eyes in a rush, and saw Taemin face directly in front of me. At first, it startled me. But then I remembered everything that had happened the previous night. 

"Tae..." I whispered, so glad he was there.

He smiled at me, "I like that nickname," He said, touching my cheek. Suddenly, his face became solemn. 

"What's the matter?"

"I was just thinking about how much I missed you," He whispered, inching his face closer to mine, his eyelids half closed. His attempt at being seductive was too cute, but it worked. I got the hint, touching my lips softly to his. Our lips weaved together, and his hand ran through my hair. Kissing him like this, for the first time in so long, somehow made me feel better. I felt home.

He pulled away, kissed my nose, and I giggled. "I missed you too," 

Truthfully, I hadn't only missed him. I missed SHINee's dorm, to me it felt like home; I missed Taemin's smell, which was bananas; I missed the warmth that surrounded me when we slept together; I missed Key, Jonghyun, Onew, and Minho, and their goofiness. And I of course missed Taemin so much it hurt to think about. I missed everything. I was so glad to be back.

"I know," He said, playfully grinning. His eyes were bright and big, and his hair was all messy because he had just woken up. How could he be so cute?

I ruffled his hair and then, I heard a knock on the door. Taemin stood up and answered it.

It was Key. "Breakfast is ready, kiddies," He informed us, wearing an apron with a key on it. I couldn't help but laugh. I missed all of them so much.

There was a table cramped with tons of different things. 3 different plates of kimchi, bowls of rice and clear soup, and lots of vegetables. It smelled so delicious. "Eat a lot!" Taemin said to me when he saw all the food there was. "You're way too skinny. I feel like I'm going to break you," He said, squeezing my hand.

We sat down at the table, quietly nibbling on the delicious breakfast Key had made for us. No wonder they called him Almighty Key. There wasn't anything he couldn't do!

"I'll be right back," Taemin said, leaving the table. 

There was a pause until Taemin was out of sight, but then Key spoke up.

"Finally," Key said, rolling his eyes. "I thought he'd never leave!"

"Right?!" Jonghyun piped in.

"Could someone fill me in...?" I interrupted, feeling lost.

"Oh, yeah.." Minho started. "As you know... Taemin's birthday is in two weeks..." He trailed off.

"So," Onew picked back up where Minho left off. "We want to plan him a party, but since he's always with you, and we can never get you alone, it's hard to plan it,"

"Oh yeah! Taemin's going to be eighteen!" I said, clapping my hands. It was hard to believe he was eighteen. He seemed so much.. younger. I giggled to myself.

"For his birthday, we were thinking of going on vacation somewhere, like my parent's beach house," Onew said.

"Good idea!" Key and Jonghyun said at the same time.

"Yeah, I like it. But how are we going to trick him?" I asked. They pondered for a moment, but then Minho's face lightened up.

"I know! We'll tell him we're going to a schedule, and he'll never even suspect anything. We'll say that Alina came along because we invited her to watch, or something," He grinned proudly.

"Nice one," Onew said, high-fiving him.

"Nice what?" Taemin said. We hadn't even realized that he was back in the room. For a moment, everything went silent. We needed to keep Taemin's surprise a secret. He deserved something like this. He worked so hard. We didn't want to spoil it for him.

"We were just talking about..." Jonghyun started.

"...how good Minho is at sports!" I finished. They all instantly relaxed when Taemin seemed unfazed by our odd reactions. He was so gullible, poor thing. But it was so cute.