Bonus 9.5

Last Autumn's Embrace

With hands inside the front pockets of his jeans, a whistle escaped his lips as he walked down the road back home. Thanks to the street lamps, at least he wasn't in complete darkness. It also helped lessen the eerie atmosphere of the night. The dark bangs that made their way in front of his eyes were blown upwards and away from his face with a soft blow.

Jongin looked around his surroundings and looked up towards the sky. It was certainly beautiful with an abundant of stars shining, making the crescent moon to look more astounding. He turned around and looked at the house that he had just left. He was glad to move to this neighborhood. He should thank his dad one day.

 

Three weeks earlier

"Jongin, get your out of the car now! Help your mother and sister with the stuff." shouted Jongin's father, Mr. Kim, with a tone of authority. One of his traits as being a police officer: a loud voice that always manages to tell people to stop and follow his orders. But, of course, that wouldn't easily work on his eldest son.

Instead, Jongin continued leisurely leaned into his seat and placed his feet up the on the part above the glove compartment, bobbing his head up and down to the rhythm of the music as he listened to them through his black Beats headphone. Suddenly, his headphone was yanked off of his head and loud screaming filled his ears.

 Apparently, their dad was transferred to another branch of the police department since he was promoted to head police officer. As a result of that, the whole family had to move houses to live near his office which was in one of the small areas in Incheon. All he knew about that small neighborhood was that there was a really famous café here.

“KIM JONGIN! You get out now! Or you’re going to be sorry for not helping me!” Hyeri yelled into his ear, her voice booming all over the car and its surroundings. His father’s loud voice also seems to be running in the family too. With a grunt, Jongin slid his feet out of the car and went to the back to get the boxes out before his mother starts to shout too.

There were just about 3 more boxes at the back of the car and because of his laziness to go back and forth between the car and the house; he decided to lift all of them out. To him, they were as light as a box of feathers.

Once he had gotten the boxes in the house, he searched for his box and luggage and immediately ran for the first room he saw that was located in front of the staircase, calling out dibs as he slammed the door shut. Lucky for him, he had chosen a room with not too much color. If you can consider a black, white and grey theme as colors, then yes.

It wouldn’t surprise him if all the rooms are designed just about the same since all of the family members had about the same taste in the designs of their rooms.

Nonetheless, the room was definitely fit for a guy like him; not too fancy and not too childish. There was a single bed at one corner; the right of it was a big window that overlooked the neighborhood. A white desk was placed opposite of the door and a closet for his clothes was beside the bed, facing it. And as if his luck hasn’t run out, there was another door in the room that led to a separate bathroom. He pumped his fist in the air as the gleeful thought of not sharing bathrooms with anyone passed through his mind.

Clapping his hands together, Jongin began to sort his belongings out and organized them in the room; trying to catch up to the time since his father said that they would go out to eat for dinner. He blamed the emptiness of the refrigerator for making him have to get out of the house.

It’s not like he doesn’t like to go out. He just felt that going out on the first day of moving was not that encouraging as he still felt sleepy and tired. Anyone would feel tired after moving, right?

After finally finishing up, Jongin lolled his head back and let out and annoyingly groaned as he heard his father calling from downstairs. Can’t he just give me a five minute break? Jongin thought as he trudged his way out of his room. It seemed that the whole family had finished unpacking and he was the only one left. How sweet of them to not help him unpack when they’ve all finished.

As he got himself into the car – after arguing with his sister for the front seat, he immediately asked his father where they were going. His father answered that they were going to a café that was really famous around the area. Jongin shrugged in response as his mind floated away, thinking of what this ‘really famous café’ looked like.

Being accustomed with the tall, exquisite buildings and hectic atmosphere in Seoul, Jongin’s attention immediately turned towards the soft, calm features of the neighborhood. He had to admit that it felt nicer to live here where all the stress-filled traffic jams, crowded pedestrians on the streets and noise pollution were kept away. It was lucky of them that they had to move to a small neighborhood rather than the big city that was located at the heart of Incheon.

He snapped out of his thoughts once he noticed that the car had stopped moving. Removing his seatbelt, Jongin stepped out of the car to join his family that was already at the entrance. The ‘really famous café’ was nothing like what he imagined in his mind; big, classy and elegant. Instead, it was just a normal, small warm-looking shop.

There were four round black tables outside with two chairs and a shady white umbrella each. The interior of the café could be easily seen as the front of the café was just made of glass. They were all just windows from the top to bottom framed with black rims. A white, translucent logo was stamped on the right side of the door that showed a picture of coffee, which was made out of letters that spelled out OH! Café, being poured into a small cup.

“Do you want to eat outside or inside?” Jongin’s mother asked him when she noticed that he had finally walked beside her. With a point of his finger towards the entrance, they all agreed to eat inside.

The inside of the café seem so much warmer than looking at it from the outside. As Jongin slowly closed the brown door, the bell situated in front of the door ringed in sync as it was hit. Ten black round tables spread across the café, some were big enough for 6 people to sit and some were small that was enough for just 2 people. A long white counter that covered the whole section of the café that would lead to the kitchen was situated at the left of the café, the sign above it stating that it was the place to order and pay.

The atmosphere was so warm and calm that Jongin couldn’t help but relax and feel welcomed. They sat at a table near the window. Jongin turned his head to the left to admire the glowing orange Sun that was slowly descending into the horizon. The black round clock that was hung on a wall to his right indicated that it was already 5 pm.

“Jongin, help me get the food.” His father called out from the counter. Jongin got up from his seat and headed towards his father.

Jongin took two empty trays and placed them on the counter, waiting to be filled with their orders. He turned his head left and right, wondering where the person that was supposed to attend the counter was.

A man, not more than 40 years old came out from one of the doors that led to the kitchen, a big smile plastered to his face. Why do I feel like I have seen this man before? Jongin thought. His features looked rather familiar, maybe different from all the aging.

“Joonyoung, it’s nice to see you again!” He heard his father said as he hugged the man in front of them.

Joonyoung? Why is his name so familiar?

Mr. Kim patted Jongin back and made a gesture that told him that he should greet Joonyoung. A look of confusion painted Jongin’s face as he slowly reached his hand out to shake hands with the elder.

“Don’t you remember me, Jongin-ah?” Joonyoung asked as he pointed to himself after noticing the confused expression of the younger. “Ah~ Of course he doesn’t. You were just a little boy. Don’t you remember Sehun?”

Then, it struck him. A gleeful smile graced upon his lips as he remembered the uncle who lived across the street. He had a nephew who would always come to his house and frequently plays with Jongin during afternoons.

“Uncle Beardy!” Jongin called out with his arms spread out, the nickname easily rolling out of his tongue. The nickname was given because Joonyoung had a really bushy beard. It had been years since he last saw them. He moved away when he was just 6 years old. With him moving, Sehun no longer visited the neighborhood.

After what seemed like ages, they finally ordered their food and beverages; two hot cocoa, two cups of white coffee and a set of 8 egg sandwiches.

“What were you two doing so long at the counter?” Hyeri asked as she stuffed a mouthful of an egg sandwich into . “Picking up hot chicks?” She smirked as she eyed Jongin and raised an eyebrow. From that, she received a hard kick on her leg from under the table. Silently, she hissed from the pain.

“Now, now, don’t fight.” Mrs. Kim tried to calm down her eldest son. Jongin let out a grumpy sigh and crossed his arms over his chest.

“Anyways,” Mr. Kim spoke up, “We met Uncle Joonyoung at the counter. It seems like he’s the owner of the café. He also said that Sehun works part-time here with his friend. Unfortunately, he couldn’t come today because he had to finish his assignment before the summer holidays.” He explained.

The thought of seeing Sehun again excited Jongin fully. Who wouldn’t be? It had been 10 years since he last saw that boy. He remembered that they would always ride their bikes and play at each other’s houses. I wonder how he looks like right now. He thought.

After a full 20 minutes of eating and discussing their plans after the move, the family decided that it was time to go home seeing that there was only 10 minutes till the café would be closed. The father paid for the meal and exchanged contacts with Joonyoung.

“Are you coming, Jongin?” Mr. Kim asked as he got into the car. Jongin was looking back at the café and felt like he wanted to just walk around the area.

“Nope, I don’t think so. I’ll walk around here first.” He responded and put his hand into his front jeans pockets. His parents just nodded in approval and reminded him to not stay out too late. Once his parents and sister left to head home, Jongin turned his head towards the café.

To be honest, a certain person had caught Jongin’s attention. And that was just enough to be a solid reason for Jongin to walk around. Or rather, sneaking glances towards the girl who had seemed to spark some interest into his heart.

Either way, he was determined to find out who she was.

 

The present

“I never thought that I’d eventually get to know you, Park Hana.” Jongin said to himself, a half smile formed on his face. Although he still so far from knowing her truly, it was definitely a starting point from Jongin.

Like his sister would always say, ‘Everything has its beginnings’.

 


So, here's a bonus chapter for you guys! ^^ Just had to tell the story of how Jongin moved to the area. This centres more on Jongin since I haven't centre any chapters on him yet. XD How'd you like it? Is it dull? Put your opinions down below in the comments section :3  I have more bonus chapters in store, so yeah :) The tenth chapter is half done, so you can expect it finished by this week *jumps in glee* Till then ^^ Oh.. And added a trailer ^^