Six

Last Autumn's Embrace

Streaks of orange-yellow light seeped through the transparent glass and shone on the single bed that was located in front of the blue-tainted walls. The bed sheets on the dark blue bed began to stir slightly as the long figure slowly squirmed, attempting to hide from the glaring sunlight.

Out of all of the places the light could shine on, it just had to be on the bed, directly on his face. Still half conscious, he tried to cover his barely opened eyes with the nearest object he could reach; his mobile phone.

Giving up, he sat up from his bed, rubbing his sore neck with his left hand while the other hand was still clutching his phone. Suddenly, the rectangular-shaped phone vibrated in two short vibrations indicating a new text message.

Squinting his eyes to the light that illuminated from his phone, he read the message that popped up on the screen.

 

To: Sehun

Wake up, Hun-ah~ it’s time for work. I know you’re still in bed. -.-“ Your curtains are still closed.

From: Hana

 

Sehun’s lips twitched upward at the message he received from Hana. It wasn’t always that she would be the first to send happy messages early in the morning. Her text messages were like taking a cup of coffee in the morning for him; it refreshes you up from the sleepiness of waking up.

Sliding his legs to the side of the bed, he stood up after slipping into his white bunny slippers and headed to the light blue curtains on his right. After drawing the curtains open, he looked down and saw Hana smiling while waving; giving him a scolding look for waking up late, if you think that 7am is late.

He brought his Samsung Galaxy mobile phone up to face it and typed in his reply to Hana.

 

To: Hana

I’m awake, I’m awake. You can go first. I’ll be ready in a few minutes.

From: Sehun

 

Upon pressing the send button, Sehun looked away from his phone and saw that Hana was on her way to work after she finished looking at her phone, probably reading his text.

Sehun tossed his phone onto his bed behind him and immediately went to the bathroom to take a shower, getting ready for his part-time work as fast as he can.

After showering, he took out his black and white uniform that was hung in his wardrobe and headed to the rectangular mirror on the left of his wardrobe.

He jogged out of the apartment that he shared with his uncle with the black tie still not tied properly and his sneakers in his hand. Making sure that he brought everything he needed, he locked the door and made his way to work.

On his way to work, he thought back of last night’s events and a smile spread across his lips at the memory of them dancing. No matter how many times they have danced together, Sehun would always feel happy as long as he was with her. Although the part where the stranger suddenly appeared did intrigue him, he pushed away the thought of that.

 Thinking of the dance and the building, Sehun’s thoughts flew back to a few years before; when they first came to that abandoned building that held a lot of his precious memories.

 

10th October 2010

“Don’t peek!” The 10 year old Sehun playfully warned the 10 year old girl facing him, her ponytail swaying left and right as she was pulled by the dark-haired boy in front of her.

“Hana!” he warned again as he saw that she tried to peek between her little fingers of her right hand that covered her eyes. Throughout the blinded walk, she could feel the cold autumn breeze and dry leaves brush against her legs.

A few minutes passed and finally they reached a small newly abandoned grey building. With a wide grin on his face, Sehun gently held Hana’s right hand and slowly lowered it down for her to finally see his surprise.

Hana’s eyes sparkled in curiosity at the unfamiliar structure in front of them. On the wall above the entrance was a yellow stained signboard that had what seemed like black bold letters.

“Dancing Art.” She read out loud and turned to the boy standing next to her who had the brightest smile on his milky white face, his eyes forming little vertical crescents, “What are we doing here, Hun-ah?”

As he heard his nickname being called, his smile became even wider. He always loved her calling him ‘Hun-ah’.

“This is your present!” the naive little boy exclaimed, throwing his arms into the air as he was unable to contain his excitement. Right after that, Sehun grabbed Hana’s right wrist and dragged her into the building, skipping happily. He ran around the building and turned at certain corners.

After a few more turns and turning backs, they finally stopped in front of an all-glass flush door with a brown frame which has begun to turn a shade darker, indicating the start of rusting.

Using all of his kid strength, he managed to push the heavy glass door forward, its hinges creaking loudly in response. They were met with a wide, spacious, dusty room. Three sides of the walls were covered by mirrors that reached the ceiling; reflecting the two small figures opposite of the mirror north of the door. Sehun explained that the building was recently abandoned because of the lack of visitors and told her that his uncle confirmed that the said academy had moved to a place where people would surely use a dance studio. So, in the mean time, the one-storey, fairly small building would be theirs to use until maybe someone bought it in the future for other uses.

Being the ever so thrilled child, Hana skipped enthusiastically into the room, her light brown coat and dress twirling gracefully together with her as she spun around the middle of the room. A big, satisfied smile plastered onto the boy’s small face seeing his best friend enjoying herself.

As he watched her twirl around in happiness – getting nearer to him – his eyes widened when he felt his hand was grabbed and pulled by Hana towards the centre of the room, spinning round and round in pure blissfulness.

It would be an understatement to say that he was satisfied to be with her during that time; heck, he felt as if they were in an open field filled with blooms of flowers called happiness.

He was with his crush after all.

 

The Present (2018)

Sehun snapped out of his thoughts of the past and realized that he had already arrived in front of the cafe, holding onto the steel handle of the brown wooden door. His gaze fell onto the girl who was wiping the black round table, a few strands of her hair that was tied loosely into a ponytail fell in front of her face.

A chuckle escaped his lips as he noticed the girl’s attempt to blow away the distracting hair as she made her way to another table that needed to be wiped, stumbling a bit. He pushed the door open and the little bell situated above the door ringed in sync.

Seeing that Hana was still too focused on cleaning the tables before opening the cafe, Sehun let out another chuckle as he slowly approached her.

With her back facing him, Sehun’s hands gently reached out towards the white ribbon that held Hana’s black-jet hair in place and pulled it out from the ponytail, causing the strands of her hair to fall on her shoulders.

Untying the ribbon, Sehun could feel her shoulders jumping up momentarily, probably a bit surprised at the sudden action. Without uttering a word, Sehun stretched out to the front of her head and gathered the fallen hair to form a new and neater ponytail behind her.

“Good morning, Hana.” He whispered as he looped and tied the ribbon to keep her hair from falling.

After he was done with the ponytail, Hana turned around and faced him. Sehun earned playful slaps on his arm as she lectured him about his sleeping habits.

To Sehun, he just didn’t hear anything she had said as he was too busy gazing at her face. The crush he had on her was still there and now he knew that it had become stronger. She was just too adorable and lovable for him to not love her.

But, of course he wouldn’t tell her that.


What's up guys!!!! I'm back! I miss youuuu~~ Anyways, what do you think of the chapter? Just a little dose of Sehun for ya ^^ But seriously, 'open field filled with blooms of flowers called happiness.'?! What is wrong with me?! *cringes from cheesiness* So, umm.. Hope you enjoy the chapter :D Comment comment comment ^^