Five

Last Autumn's Embrace

A smirk played on his lips as he eyed the pair of teenagers in the middle of the room. Upon landing his eyes on the male on the right, his smirk faltered. What was he doing here?

“Jongin,” the confused male questioned, “What are you doing here?” his head tilted a little to the left, confused. Jongin was also wondering as to why Sehun was there.

From all his days of observing, -yes, it’s already been days he was observing Hana – he never saw Sehun with her. Well, except for yesterday. He realized that he wasn’t here yesterday because he was helping his sister with her assignment.

Anyways, how did Sehun know he was Jongin despite his black mask that covered his nose to his chin and the black hood over his head? Oh yeah, he spoke. Jongin inwardly cursed for talking too soon.

“I’m not Jongin,” bringing his hand up to his mask, trying to make his voice sound a bit muffled, he attempted to convince the pair that he wasn’t the said man. As soon as he spoke which he thought wasn’t that much convincing considering his shaky voice, he ran away immediately to avoid any more speculations from his friend.

Hana turned to her right to face Sehun who had his eyebrows furrowed as he pressed his lips in a straight line.

“Who was that, Sehun?” she asked as she tugged the end of his short white sleeve. After hearing that Sehun had even dared to ask the stranger, she assumed that he knew him.

“Huh?” in a quite dazed state from being confused; he turned his head down to his left and looked at the asking girl beside him, “oh. I think I don’t know. I guess I mistook him for my friend.” He answered. He sounded like Jongin though.

Raising his arm up, he glanced at his brown watch on his wrist to check the time. 12 A.M. He already promised his father that he would be home by midnight but after seeing Hana’s state tonight, hesitation began to creep into him.

Suddenly, he felt a small but assuring hand on his arm.

“You can go home if you want. I’ll be fine here. I just need to be alone for a while.” Hana said, knowing that Sehun wanted to go home seeing that he was nervously glancing at his watch.

The concern and worry was still evident on his face as he searched her face for any signs of sadness. Realizing this, Hana gave him a small but reassuring smile to show that she was going to be okay.

“Fine, I’ll be going first.” He finally gave in after gazing into her brown round eyes. It was hard for him to not give in to those beautiful eyes. Just as he reached the door, Sehun turned back and mouthed ‘take care’ before disappearing behind the walls.

Hana could only smile at her best friend’s over protectiveness on her. Since they were little, Sehun would always tell off the little boys who pestered with her at the playground, telling them that they were a nuisance to her. A chuckle was heard from her lips.

The old days were where all her happy, cheerful memories were. Coming home had never been torture as her mother was always there waiting for her with open arms, embracing her lovingly. Although the absence of her other family members bothered her, she seemed to forget all that while she was in the embrace of her mother.

Feeling the cold smooth surface behind her, Hana realized that she had backed away from the door until she reached the north end of the room and had come in contact with the mirror that surrounded the room.

Step, step, step.

She suddenly heard footsteps coming to her spot. Who else was in the building? Was it the stranger just now? The beating of her heart was getting faster by the minute as she thought about the possibility of another person in the building.

The dark figure who had a mask over his face and the black hood over his head appeared in front of the door. As he came closer to where Hana was situated, her hand slowly reached for her back pocket, trying to feel her cell phone that should be located there.

Whilst trying to find it, Hana could feel a presence right in front of her. She could feel and hear the sound of breathing. Carefully, she turned her head forward and opened her eyes to meet with a pair of dark brown eyes. As much as she was petrified of the close distance between her and the stranger, she can’t seem to shift or even avert her eyes from the sight.

It was so mesmerizing.

She soon realized that the stranger had backed a step away, his hand reaching up to mask. He pulled the mask down and removed his hood. Although her heart was still beating rapidly, she noticed that it was a different kind of beat. She couldn’t explain what she was feeling now.

That feeling soon vanished in a split second. Her eyebrows furrowed as a familiar picture was brought up in front of her. Without her realizing it, she clenched her fists tightly, trying her best to stay calm.

“How?” was all she managed to say. A stranger having possession of her picture of her mother was almost impossible to believe. Never had she let anyone touched it in fear that it would be lost or tear.

“Well, I guess you dropped it when you sent the money back to my sister, Kim Hyeri.” The stranger simply said, giving her a smirk. “I’m just here to give it back to you who I think is the owner of this photo considering the name behind this is Park Hana.” He flipped the photo around to make sure it was the said name before nodding.

Just as Hana was about to grab the photo back, biting her lower lip to suppress the smile that was about to form, the stranger pulled back his arm to avoid her snatch. He held up his index finger in front of her to form the number one.

“On one condition,” Hana’s frown returned to her lips. Before she could ask what the condition was, the male had already answered.

“Whenever I call you, you’ll answer to all my calls and do whatever I say.” He said, his smirk appearing again on his face. A heavy sigh was let out from her.

“That’s all?” She asked, giving him a skeptical look.

After earning a nod from the stranger in front of her, almost immediately, she grabbed the photo and agreed.

Her gaze wandered over the photo and a smile crept over her lips, relieve that she had gotten back her picture. A cough was heard in front of her and she lifted her head up to see the stranger bringing his hand up as if he was asking for something.

“Your cell phone,” he said.

Reluctantly, Hana gave him her small Samsung cell phone with shaky hands, still not trusting the stranger that stood with his black outfit. Without realizing, she was already staring at the illuminated face of the stranger, studying his features from his eyes to his nose and lastly on his lips.

Again, finally noticing, she immediately looked away after realizing that she was staring at him as the ringtone of what she assumed was the stranger’s cell phone was heard. A blush came up to her cheeks, feeling embarrassed for staring at a person for so long.

“Here.” The boy with the side bangs said as he gave back her cell phone. Soon, he left the room without saying anything after.

Hana stared at the cell phone she received and looked at the new contact that was just typed in her contacts.

Kim Jongin :)

Her cell phone beeped once to indicate that there was a new message. She touched the screen of the phone where the message icon was. The message popped up onto the screen.

To: Hana

Good night, Park Hana.

From: Kim Jongin


Yay!!! Double update.. In two days OTL So... They finally met! Yay :D So... Leave comments and enjoy ^^ I didn't proof-read this.  -.- Oh.. I won't be here for two weeks, so.. No updates for two weeks.. Sorryyyy~~~