Seven

Last Autumn's Embrace

It was definitely a happy day for Hana. Her father had gone to town to meet Chanyeol. He was not only gone for one day, but for a whole week. Although it meant a whole lot of work for her; her work plus all her father’s work, she still felt relieved to feel that no one was going to bother her for one week.

The regular customers that came in and out of the café were also perhaps having a good day too considering the shining aura from them. When they came into the café, Hana would greet them happily and immediately asked if they were having a good day too.

The troublemakers that would come to the café regularly were absent and that made the atmosphere in the shop a bit lighter than usual. Everything felt so light.

As she leaned over a table to clean up the leftover cups and plates, her gaze wondered over to the lean boy who was taking down the orders of the customers with a smile on his face. The smile easily affected her as the corners of her lips started to twitch up to form a stress-free smile.

Smiling with no possible reason was still something a little too alien for her to do. As soon as it appeared, it was wiped off and replaced with a bite on her lower lip. But the smile continued to appear continuously without being able to stop.

 

That was until her phone suddenly vibrated twice.

 

From: Kim Jongin

You remember our promise, right? Hehe. Here’s my first request, one hot cocoa. To my house. 10 minutes.

To: Park Hana

 

With a roll of her eyes, Hana groaned inwardly at the text. How could she have forgotten about the hooded guy? Reluctantly, she prepared one cup of hot cocoa and placed them in the take-away box.

“Sehun, I’m going to deliver this for a while.” She informed quickly and walked out of the café as she breathed in the noon outside air. It felt good to go on a delivery sometimes; it gives her time to stretch and freshen up her eyes to some greenery of the nature after hours in the café.

As Hana walked down the pavement heading towards Jongin’s house, she looked around and gazed up towards the sky. In a few weeks, autumn would come. It was her favourite season; not too hot and not too cold. It was just right for her.

She snapped out of her thoughts when she arrived at Jongin's house. Before pressing the bell, she sighed in irritation at what she had got into. If only she didn't lose the picture, she would continue enjoying this free day.

Once again, Hyeri was the one who opened the door.

"Delivery for your brother." Hana simply said as she raised her box containing the beverage as she gave an emotionless smile.

"Jongin, Your drink's here!" Hyeri shouted towards the stairs. Her voice was undeniably loud for someone who looked so bubbly with her round eyes and rosy baby-chubby cheeks.

“Tell her to deliver them upstairs by herself!” He shouted back, his voice a bit muffled by the door that was creating a barrier between them and him.

Hana noticed Hyeri rolling her eyes and grunting in displeasure. “He is such a bore.” She complained as she turned towards Hana who nodded in agreement. Although it was just a few days ago she met him, she could already feel annoyed by him. Hyeri tilted her head to the right to indicate Hana to go upstairs.

Reluctantly, she went into the house and made her way up the white, wooden flight of stairs. It was quite easy finding Jongin’s room as his door was right in front of the stairs and had the word ‘JONGIN’ stamped on the dark brown door.

Three knocks on the door and it was opened by a rather happy-looking Jongin. His smile was one smile that was childish and at the same time, mischievous. With a raised eyebrow, Hana lifted the box up and stretched her hand out to him to give him the box.

Instead of the box being taken by him, Jongin waved him hand in front of him, indicating that Hana should enter his room. “Please put in on my desk. There’s 4,000 won on the table.” He clarified seeing that Hana was a bit hesitant in entering his premise.

She mouthed an ‘oh’ and entered. Everything was of the colour scheme black, white and grey. It seemed so… dull. How could someone live in a dull situation like this? At least have some colour in this room. Hana thought as she walked towards the white desk.

After she placed the box on the desk and took the money, she turned around as she stuffed her hands inside her pockets. To her surprise, Jongin was right in front of her, looking down to meet her eyes. Shocked, Hana took a step back and unfortunately, her back had already hit the edge of the desk.

“Dude, you scared me.” said Hana as she placed a hand over her chest.

A smile graced over Jongin’s lips as he stepped to his left to give Hana a bit of space to walk out. But as she was making her way out, Jongin grabbed her wrist.

“Umm…” he hesitated, “can you help me with something?”

“What is it?” she asked, obviously irritated with his behavior. What more did he want? Can he not ruin her perfectly calm day?

“Help me with my dancing.” Jongin said, trying to be as serious as possible.

Hana let out a small chuckle at his request. Dancing, with him? She could only laugh. If that was what he wanted to ask, why hesitate? As much as she wanted to help people with dancing, she was still in no position to be helping him. What was the reason? She had a job to get back to and anyways, he was a stranger to her.

Seeing Jongin’s serious face, Hana’s chuckle died out.

“Oh. You’re serious?” she said, “Well, as you can see, I have a job to get back to or I’ll be facing a rather angry, slash, worry-looking Sehun for going out too long.” she explained as she tried wriggling out her small hand out of his strong grip.

“Please?” plead Jongin. If Hana could compare him with an animal right now, she would really pair him up with a puppy because he certainly looked like one right now. But the puppy eyes only lasted for mere seconds and a smirk replaced it. “You know you have no choice but to follow my orders. You promised.”

“What if I say no?” Hana said out loud. A few minutes of being his… slave was already very annoying enough. She gulped in fear as she realized what she had just said. She mentally scolded herself for saying her thoughts aloud. Jongin crossed his arm over his chest and his chin with the other hand, in a thinking pose. That was a very intriguing idea.

He snapped his fingers as a suggestion came to his head, almost making it seem like a lightbulb had flashed above his head. The smile he was giving was not a good sign.

"What if..." the boy started, "This whole 'relationship' thing came to an end after you finish my request? Doesn't that sound nice?"

The petite girl's eyes lit up at the sound of the idea. This thing that they had going on can all stop early on and she can actually get back to having her life. Wait, "There's a catch, isn't there?" she slowly asked, hoping for dear life that the person in front of her would deny it. Unfortunately, he didn't.

"Well, if you fail to complete whatever favour I ask of you, you're going to be bound to me until I say I've had enough, yay!" He cheerfully added, putting his hands in the air in a sort of celebratory way, "Your choice though, heh."

So, it was all up to her to pick whether to accept or not, to end this link between them later or earlier and risk failing the request. But whatever could go wrong in a request from this guy, nothing would be impossible for her anyway.

"Okay, you've got yourself a deal." Putting her hand in front of her for a handshake, she agreed. She tried putting her head up high in an attempt to intimidate him, but alas, she was too short to do it and it only looked silly. Taking her small hand in his, they shook their hands in agreement.

“But, only after work.” stated Hana, pulling her hand away from his grip. What a strong grip he has. Jongin nodded and motioned that she could leave now.

Hesitantly, Hana slowly walked out of his room, glancing back occasionally for any other signs that he might have been joking and that whole agreement was just a lie. To her relief, Jongin was now sitting in front of his desk with headphones over his ears.

“Had fun in there?” Hyeri suddenly asked from the upstairs balcony as Hana was starting to step outside. She turned around and looked up towards Hyeri.

“Your brother’s a pain in the .” Hana truthfully said and walked out. Her response received a laugh from Hyeri and that was good enough for her to hear. It felt good to have someone agreeing with her.

~.~.~

As expected, a worried Sehun greeted her by the café’s door. A soft laugh escaped her lips when she caught sight of him pacing in front of the café’s doors, biting his lower lip, obviously thinking of her lateness.

Immediately after she tapped Sehun’s shoulder to bring him out of his train of thoughts, she was bombarded by a million questions about her whereabouts and what she was doing. Sehun was really like a really caring brother to her.

“I’m fine, Sehun. I just stumbled upon a little problem along the way. Nothing you should worry about.” Hana explained to Sehun once he was tired of asking questions as she placed her hands on her arms and rubbed them to calm him down.

Once calmed down, Sehun gave her a small smile and said that he was just glad that she was okay. He also admitted that he was this close to calling the cops to report for a missing person. Hana knew he was just joking and just let out a laugh as they re-entered the café to resume their work.

Before Hana could start on taking orders by the counter, her cell phone beeped, noting that she had received a message. A frown took place on her face as she realized who the sender was. Seriously, how annoying can he get?

 

To: Hana

Don’t forget about the deal we made. See you tonight.

From: Kim Jongin

 


Hey guys.. Before you shoot me to death, I am really sorry for updating really late. Had exams and other things. Plus, my laziness is starting to take control of me. Gawd. Anyways, I MAYBE will be double updating next week. So, be ready :3 See ya'll next week ^^