Clique Gathering

Be Extant, Stay Around

 "  You tell me fairy tales are all lies
I couldn't possibly be your prince

I'm willing to be the angel
That you loved the most in the fairy tales  "

 

 

       A soft instrumental bursts from the speakers across the 2 storey excluding the basement part of the penthouse. It is very soft that those sets of graceful transition automatically die itself out whenever there are some sort of noises coming from any part of the house. The system only applies in certain part of the house. Ryeowook forces Kibum to introduce him to someone that has this particular expertise. Of course, there is a price to pay.

       Softly humming the musical tempo, Ryeowook prepares the snacks for their friends. They should be here any moment, though. Surprisingly, his lovely daughter is out of his sight since in the evening. Ryeowook struggles to keep his panic from resurfacing for the nth time that evening; for all he knows Ryeohyun might be somewhere in the penthouse, finishing her homework.

       Proceed in baking muffins of various flavors, he let himself drowning with the work - all the thoughts whirl away like they never come across his mind at the first place.

       In one glimpse to the outside world through the window pane, he watches the dusky sky outside dazzles him in a trance for a moment. The sudden eye-blinding light compel Ryeowook to shut his eyes. Leaning his upper body against the kitchen counter, he slowly opens his eyes - adjusting his pupil to the chains of colorful bulb hanging outside.

       What the hell!

       Making sure the muffins are all sets on the table; he walks to the living room when out of nowhere the darkness embraces the whole house. Ryeowook feels the palpitating heartbeat of his might jump out of his chest right then and there. 
 
       The concern of dying with his organ unorganized left him unsettled. Crouching onto the floor, he takes a deep breath before he braces himself forward into the pitch black house.

       At the end of it - it is the entrance of his house Ryeowook concludes - is the lights, the one he encountered earlier at the kitchen. Pacing his way to the sliding door, he examines the colorful light in details - it illuminates his whole penthouse. Before he could even draw any other conclusion, the lights dim themselves out - leaving Ryeowook with no shadows, again.

       Ryeowook rushes frantically to his house. He suddenly feels like he is in a movie where this is the perfect time for the unknown mysterious figure starts annoying and toying with the target. But he couldn't be the target, he doesn't even have anything that the mystical creature would want from him.

       "Surprise!!!" Tumbling himself onto the wooden floor outside the house, he closes his eyes tightly with his both hands on the ears.

       For a brief moment, he slowly lowers his hand - searching for any sounds. The establishing silent make Ryeowook panics as he thought he heard something earlier.

       Opening his eyes while his head is facing the floor, Ryeowook widens his eyes at the normal light his house emitting. Slowly, he lifts his head when a chorus of voices begin to sing.

       "Happy Birthday, to you." A very confused Ryeowook eyes the people in front of him; he spots his daughter at the centre of straight line.

       "Happy Birthday, to you." His living room is a mess with flashy confetti all over and the nicely decorated white-purple balloons hanging all over the room.

       "Happy Birthday, to Kim Ryeowook."

       Okay, that's my name. 

       "Happy Birthday to you." Standing up, he sits on the couch - rubbing his temple gently.



       Once they done singing, the crowds approach him, "Hey, we sing happy birthday to you!"

       "It's early in June." Ryeowook states bluntly with no emotions in it.

       "You think we don't know that?" Crossing his hand across the chest, Heechul retorts. Hangeng glares at the former.

       "We think we can't celebrate your birthday on the exact date, so..." Sitting next to Ryeowook, Donghae explains while his hand playing with the latter's light brown lock.

       "We all might be busy at that time," Sungmin pipes in. Crouching in front of Ryeowook, he places his hand on Ryeowook's thighs lightly.

       "We're very sorry, Ryeowook." The chorus goes up again.

       Closing his teary eyes, he sneaks his hands around Donghae's waist and places his face on the broad chest.

       Surprise by the smaller actions, Donghae mouths "He's crying" to answer the questing glances. Of course, they know this will happen. The problem is they don't even know how to deal with it every time it happens.

       Noting the scene at the couch from afar; Ryeohyun strides towards Ryeowook. She plops down on Siwon's previous seat - at the other side of Ryeowook when the lawyer had seen her walks over - she caresses the lock lovingly.

       "We're very sorry for scaring you, Daddy. I promise you, we're not going anywhere. You're not going anywhere."

       Smirking slightly, Ryeohyun continues, "It's not their intention to scare you although I know they love doing this. They just want to celebrate your birthday." Ryeowook shifts his hug to Ryeohyun, "And I'm sorry for involving in this."

       Blinking his tears, Ryeowook angles his head slightly so that he can speak. He still hides his face, though. "Thank you, guys. Does that mean, I don't get a cake on 21st?"

       "Sadly, no." Walking from the scene, Kibum simply speaks.

       "So you better not waste any cake tonight. Besides, it complements the good news, right?" Donghae smiles at Ryeowook who just lift his face with puffy red eyes slightly.

       "Whose is good news?" Eunhyuk quickly asks, his eyes blazing with curiosity at the trio on couch. He has a feeling Donghae knows something the others don't know.

       Ryeowook squirms uncomfortably in his seat under such scrutiny; abruptly gets up - walking to the kitchen.

       "Are you getting married, Ryeowook?" A sensitive question comes from the insensitive hyung.

       "No, that's not the good news right?"
       "Please, you're not going to leave us behind all alone!"
       "My doom's day is finally happening!"
 
 
 

       The final decision about the summer house has come to conclusion with the barking Kibum keeps them in track. Though all of them are very very professional, it takes almost two hours and a half to finish it. They keep on talking about trivial things every once in a while, and it's driving him crazy. The matter doesn't related to the summer house even.

       "Thanks for giving the cooperation gentlemen," Kibum sarcastically ends their discussion. The architect is trying to keep his composure in check. Tiding up the papers, one can tell that he's straining himself from lashing out. Soon, he strides out to the pool and sinks on the couch.

       "Seriously, they are all making my voice a bit hoarser," Sighing, Kibum closes his eyes when a cold touch imprints on his right cheek.

       Startled, he snaps his eyes open only to find a smiling Hankyung with a glass of orange juice on the Chinese man's hand.

       Thanking for the concern, Kibum gulps the juice. "Drink slowly, Kibum."
       
       Though the chef understands what the younger male is feeling right now, he doesn't make say anything to make things better. It always amazed him that he feels like they all have been friends for such a long time, but Hankyung has only met the architect two years ago. Patting the younger on the shoulder, the taller leaves him.


       "I get an offer," Ryeowook whispers when they are in the cinema room.

       Yesung and Sungmin who are busy arguing which movie to pick; turn their head at Ryeowook - almost bumping their head when they both choose to turn at the same speed towards the centre.

       Lying lazily on the big green pillow beans bag, Heechul prompts, "What offer?"

       "A wedding offer. Ah, I mean an offer to design the wedding gown." Fiddling with the hem of his shirt, Ryeowook quickly corrects himself.

       "Thanks for not getting married, Ryeowook!" Eunhyuk hugs his friend tightly.

       "Congratulations to you. Why don't you tell me this beforehand?" Zhoumi untangles the tight embraces with slight irritated tone.

       "Well, I don't tell anyone. Donghae knows this from Ryeohyun when he picks her up."

       "So, it was Wednesday, then?" Nodding, Ryeowook almost stumbles backward when the martial arts hyung wraps the arm around his waist.

       Henry joins them, "That's great news! Congratulations!" He speaks in English when he is excited.

       Soon, all of them suffocate Ryeowook to death. "Guys, I can't breathe."

       Leaning closer to her father, Ryeohyun pats him in the back once everybody untangles themselves from each other.

       The romantic comedy movie starts playing in the dim-lit room. Sitting beside Ryeowook on the couch, Shindong touches him, "Who's getting married?"

       "Victoria."

       "With Changmin?" Overhears the soon-to-be bride's name, Eunhyuk can't help to shout the name out loud.

       "If you want to shout, go outside!" Heechul throws an apple cushion pillow but luckily Eunhyuk manages to catch it in time.

       "The offer is about Victoria." Siwon clarifies with his usual gentle voice. 

       Avoiding any incidents, Sungmin drags Ryeowook outside the room to the lounge area across the room.

       Out of curiosity, Hankyung joins them, "Who is Victoria?"

       "She's the famous CEO of FAME magazine. You don't know her." Yesung simply answers. Sipping the juice, he continues, "Changmin is a famous singer and occasionally, a pro-gamer.

       Out of confusion, Ryeowook inquires. "Why you guys thought that Victoria is going to tie the knot with Changmin?"

       "The news is spreading all over the world, sweetheart," Heechul winks to Ryeowook before he disappearing at the corner - probably heading for gents.

       "How could you accept the offer without knowing who are you working for? Have you checks the details of the wedding yet?"

       "I don't see the need to know his fiancee'." Ryeowook mumbles quietly, "I don't have the time to check my email yet. Besides, I still got time before the wedding."

       "Time isn't waiting for you, honey."
 
       They're still gossiping about who knows who - Ryeowook doesn't make a point that he wouldn't know any celebrity that they have been talking about - they are all know when suddenly the door of the room across them is ajar open.

       Spotting Donghae carries Ryeohyun with a bridal style, Ryeowook thanks the taller male, "You can put her in any room available. Thanks hyung."

       Acknowledge the gratitude; Donghae tilts his head in alternating up and down. Heading towards the bedroom, he gently lays the girl onto the mattress. Donghae rises up to the door once he has draped a blanket over the shivering frame when a hand on the wrist halts his step.

       Smiling at the sleepy girl, "You should be sleeping. Want some warm milk?" Donghae asked in hushed tone.

       Tapping lightly the mattress besides her; Ryeohyun demands, "Sing to me."

       "I can't sing. You know that."

       "Liar. You are a composer; you should know how to sing. Though, Daddy is better than you." Ryeohyun leans her head on Donghae's lap.

       Huffing in annoyance, "Someday, I will be better than your daddy." Starts humming a soothing refrain, Donghae's hand dances over the blonde hair.
 
       "I like you the best. You know why?"

       The comfortable silence in the dim-lit room doesn't stay for too long when Ryeohyun tilts her head to Donghae, staring at the eyes, "You know why?" Shaking his head side by side; Donghae smiles sweetly to her.

       "You're supposed to give me an answer." A small sigh escapes the girl's lips.

       Resuming the previous action, Donghae remains silence for he can't think any words to answer her. His head is in the back of the bedpost, staring in lightless room ahead.

       Mumbling herself in her sleep, "I like you the best because you don't have any feelings for him."

       Donghae looks down over the sleeping figure and alarms at the tears on the pale cheeks despite the dark surrounding the room. Gently he wipes the tears away before positioning the latter on bed properly. Leaving the room, he encounters Siwon; who just standing outside the room.

       Smiling, Siwon casually drapes his arm around his friend's shoulder - tugging the almost stumble Donghae to the pool. Siwon then makes a hot chocolate for them after abandons the composer on the couch.


       "Stop daydreaming already!" Siwon hands the mug to the male next to him.

       Preoccupies with thoughts, Siwon decides to blurt softly the word, "She told me that on the day I brought her to Kyuhyun."

       Closing his eyes, Donghae smiles weakly, "She knows from the start, isn't it?"


       Not exactly on the start - Ryeohyun just has some great understanding over Ryeowook's friends. She doesn't need the direct answer when Yesung is willing to be her father if not for his cousin Kyuhyun - she actually asked Yesung once about her father the day before he has to fly back to Seoul. Either she needs to dig deeper when Henry is all over her and Ryeowook in the first two months they're in Korea.

       Except on Heechul's part, Ryeohyun understands later the snarky remarks for Ryeowook is totally different - spicier though her father didn't offend easily with the comments. That's his way of reminding Ryeowook of his existence, she thought.

       Ryeohyun learns this while living in Paris - Sungmin and Kibum both willing to do anything for Ryeowook's sake. Kibum accepts the offer to build the penthouse while he doesn't help any of their friends before. Meanwhile, Sungmin helps in bumping Ryeowook into Zhoumi. Luckily, Zhoumi do attracted with Ryeowook's mad talents. Ryeowook doesn't know this one thing but Ryeohyun caught their conversation on the phone while she came over to her father's office building after Zhoumi dropped her off before sending her home.
 
 
 
 
.........
 
 
 
 

       Kyuhyun hits it big on the second visit to the hospice. He even considers that it is one of the best days he ever had in a while aside from the two days with his daughter.

       In the midst of talking to the boy he sang for from the previous visit, he discovers that the boy has stayed at the facility around a month ago.

       "I love it here. I'm happy for the first time in my life, I made a right decision."

       "You always make the wrong choices then?"

       "No, my family always decides for me. If not my parents then my hyungs will."

       Confused, Kyuhyun tentatively inquires, "They don't trust you? You seem like a trustworthy person to me."

       "That's new to me. Thanks," the red-headed boy flashes a small smile. "They just very protective of me, I guess. Not that I mind about it at all. In fact, it is such a wonderful thing that I manage to make the greatest decision without someone's guiding me except for this one surgeon.

       "What exactly happened to you?" Sensing the loss of someone, Kyuhyun indirectly queries.

       "I have a bullet in my head." The younger boy simply answers.

       On February this year, the boy and his family make a trip to their vacation house. Later at night, a few masked guys robbed the mansion. As the youngest son, his other hyungs put him somewhere safe - at the attic. They the mother in front of the family members. Screaming and yelling could be heard across the mansion.

       Except for the anxious 16 year-old boy who managed to dial the police in time when all the family members died with a shot in the forehead. One bulky man found the boy at the attic and gives a very clumsy two shot at the head when the police have arrived at the scene.

       "I don't know if I should consider myself lucky." Blankly staring at the field in front of him, he explains, "One has been out while the remained one is lodged very deeply within the head."

       "I'm very sorry." Kyuhyun trails off.

       "I don't like sympathy... so, don't be." Caressing his hair, he smiles wryly.

       "I think you should consider yourself lucky for meeting me. I can sing anything you ask of me, kid." Ruffling the younger boy's hair, Kyuhyun speaks softly, "Your family like to this to you, isn't it?"

       "You're such a smart person for a spoiled brat." The red-haired boy pushes the hand of him lightly.

       "Yah! I'm your hyung!" They chase around the field; ignoring the others around them.




       Jinki is cleaning his grandmother who suffers a neurological disease - amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, ALS with the help of Ryeowook.

       "How was your university?"

       "Well, too many assignments but I can manage."

       Ryeowook peels the apples while Jinki peels the oranges once his grandmother has closes her eyes. "I'm sure you can. Tell me if you have any problems."

       "How many times you want me to say this? You know I will, hyung," Pouting, Jinki breathes a sigh.

       "Alright, I'm sorry. I'm just reminding you. Stop pouting. It doesn't suit you."

       Smiles brightly Jinki runs over Ryeowook and hugs him. "You're such a kid."

       "I show you the other side of me. People rarely get this privilege. Be thankful."

       Heading to the lounge, they give the fruits to the people present. "Yeah, right."

       Relaxing himself on one of the recliners, Ryeowook chats with the staffs and the family members. From a corner of his eyes, he sees lanky male exits from the manager's office.

       Kyuhyun walks out from the office with a happy smile. Abruptly he stands unmoving across the room after spotting a familiar figure despite the years he has spent without any picture to refer on.

       Realizing a stare from the said figure, Ryeowook tilts his head only to see the backside of that person - taller male has walks away. He has the sunglasses on but he somehow senses that he know the retreating figure.

       Pulling his head away from the sight, Ryeowook goes to the guest room - he wants a nap before running to his daughter embrace. He can't afford to bring his daughter in weekday. For the time being, he knows nap is the best solution.

       In the meantime, Kyuhyun's heartbeat is very unsteady but in order not to get himself being hospitalize, he has to remain calm. Relax, Kyuhyun. Relax!

 

 

 

p/s: Sorry for the delay, guys.