Resentment

Be Extant, Stay Around


Siwon regrets asking Kyuhyun whether everything is okay when he belatedly notices that the very young teen across the room is piercing his penetrating gaze towards him. He tries to appear innocent though he knows he is not good at it, ever. Maybe being a lawyer has helps him in concealing the majority too kind-hearted part of him, so that people doesn't really take him for granted, but he discovers that he never get rid this part of him completely, because he will always ruin himself whenever he is being confronted with the familiar faces. He can't lie for the goodness of everyone. He feels guilty.

Though right now, he fights against the urge to not give away to everyone in the living room that he is indeed knows something is up in some part of the house, and it takes a whole lot of willpower to actually remain ignorant for fifteen minutes. And it acquires another form of mental perseverance to stay that way for minutes to come; only it goes downhill when he realizes he is his hand way too hard.

He feels that the blood will draw out if he doesn't lose the grip sooner. But the lack of senses due to the preoccupied mind that is struggling to make him stay composed doesn't permit him to act rational enough. It is fortunate when Jinki who stands beside him massaging his balled-fist. Slowly, he loosens the muscle, and tries to relax. Everyone probably has their attention towards him that he feels his facade is going to fall mercilessly without any advance warning.

"You know something."

The dreaded guess is the perfect prediction...how precise is that?

Breathe out the exasperated sigh, the lawyer wills himself to even his racing heartbeat - he doesn't realize that the pumping organ is going to jump out from his throat. Closing his eyes, he opens his mouth, letting the words out in the open. "What do you want to know?"

"Who's Jongwoon-hyung?"

For a moment, it is a stock-still that it is painstakingly trouble to wait for the next word, that Taemin finally blurts out, not in the best manner however; too annoyed to keep playing that game. "Kyuhyun-hyung's cousin. He doesn't tell you that?"

"Why would he?"

"I don't know. He and you seemed close, not that I mind."

Biting his own remarks, the teen boy looks over the tall male who is sitting on the small chair near the keyboard, his side tilting, leaning against the wall slightly.

"The S.O.S - it's not about him or Kyuhyun-hyung right? Then, why K-hyu...why Kyuhyun-hyung looks distracted?"

"You called him K-hyung?" Chuckling dryly, Taemin narrows his eyes.

Ignoring the snickering, Min Gyu waits for the lawyer, except nothing is being said. It infuriates him, really. What does they take him for? "Fine, keep that to yourself."

Unfortunately the raging hormone inside doesn't really docile enough that the remote control is send flying across the coffee table, smashing it to the ground.

"Yah! This isn't your house! You're such a -- "

Kangta immediately shuts Taemin's mouth, while dragging the younger out from the fuming boy's eyesight. From the corner of his eyes, the manager can see that Jinki has marches towards the teen.

"I'm sorry." Jinki doesn't say anything to that; instead he sits beside the boy, doing nothing.

The photographer looks upon the only hyung that present in the room, before seizing the left hand of the younger boy, and winded it with his. Jinki then casts his gaze to his right, catching the sight of Min Gyu closing his eyes; chest heaving up and down, indicates how angry he is.

That being said, the photographer will never know how to calm the boy down, he lives alone with his grandmother - usually his grandmother would do the job, pacifies him every time he gets too sensitive. He looks around for anything, or rather someone to help him, but of course he is alone, with benighted hyung behind the keyboard.

Jinki squeezes the hand in his, miraculously wishing the lawyer to mend the predicament. He knows that the boy beside him is too furious to actually register that he has done something that out of his character, not that he has ever raises his voices. Well, at least along the period of time he has known the younger boy, he never sees the distaste fire on the younger orbs' - it's scary the hell out of Jinki.

Just before the photographer makes an attempt to put down the flame, Siwon rises to his feet. "I'll be back in a minute."

All the words that have been living in the back of his mind for a while now, jumble over everything, leaving the photographer in an utter confusion as he tries to open his mouth, only to exhale the unnecessary air from his lungs.

Siwon then comes back after good fifteen minutes with Taemin on his right side, follow behind closely is Kangta with the calm air around him. Stopping their tracks right in front of Jinki and the young boy, Siwon stares down at Taemin, as urging the younger to say the supposed-to-be-apology, only to meet with sight of irritated Taemin stares back at the lawyer with the same intensity, if not more.

"Let's take a seat. It may take time." The lawyer orders them.

Looking away, Siwon turns himself around, walking towards the keyboard, before lifting the small chair behind the said instrument and putting it back down once he returns to his previous standing-spot. And when he realizes that the younger brother of Ryeowook still in his stiff position, Siwon presses his lips, the words are barely above whisper, challenging the younger top obey him.

"Sit down, Taemin."

Reluctantly, Taemin walks to take a seat beside Kangta, away from Siwon, and much farther from Min Gyu and Jinki. As much as he doesn't really fond to cause stir, he can't help to feel slightly riled up when he hears the 'hyung' words that coming out from the teenage boy. It's just doesn't seem right to him, and he hates his gut feeling when he knows he is the wrong one here.

Fidgety, he fixes his eyes on the carpet.

"Sorry."

"I'm sorry."

Snapping his head upwards - too fast to his liking - Taemin eyes the boy. Really, they say the same thing at the same time. Snickering, he half-smile at the boy, who ducks his head once he realizes he has makes a mistake in interrupting on Taemin's.

"You...go on first."

Inadvertently, the boy lifts his head, making an eye-contact with the male across from him. He blurts all out in one breathe, if that even possible - before he averts his eyes. "I'm sorry that I bursting out like that; and I'm sorry that I ignore you and that I don't pay attention to you when you're talking to me. I'm sorry that I broke the remote control, It wasn't my intention and - I'm sorry, hyung."

Quite startled at the 'hyung' addresses towards him, Taemin masks his surprised, his tone seems frigid. "Well, I'm sorry, too."

Siwon then stares hard on the younger that Taemin has no other choices than to obey the elder.

"I wasn't tried to make you feel guilty." Siwon slings on his feet.

"-- Okay, maybe I did. I just...I don't know why I reacted that way." The lawyer then crosses his two arms around the chest.

"Could you please stop intimidating me?" Taemin's voice rises notch up.

The lawyer replies innocently with his eyebrows knit together. "Why would you be intimidated by me? I didn't do anything."

"You just did that."

"What?"

"Hyung!" Exasperated, Taemin stands up. And the agonizing minutes after that, he plops down back, palming him face in frustration.

"Look, I'm sorry. I know what I'm doing because yeah, I was making fun of you. I couldn't help myself. I feel...something's growing inside my vein, and I know that feeling isn't supposed to come out; considering you might not really understand it, but like I said I can't help it. So, yeah I'm sorry."

Siwon's face splits into a grin, satisfied at how things turn out. He knows the hot-blooded Taemin is difficult, but he doesn't realize that this young brother of Ryeowook is something else when Taemin is not someone who really likes to show to the world that he is indeed in pain - he clearly wants to depict that he is strong, inviolable despite the soft outer appearance he has.

Playing with his fingers, Taemin unconsciously blabbers out everything that has been weighed down his chest since last night. "I don't know. Perhaps, I'm envy with you. I mean, the way you talk with Kyuhyun-hyung almost like you guys are brothers or something. For the past eight years that I've known him, he never treated me that way. Of course, he's nice to me but the way he acts around you...it's different. I hate to admit it, but I think I'm jealous."

It is perfectly fine to the other three who don't really understand the personality of Taemin, but not Siwon - he's just witnessing, for the first time that this young male expresses his thoughts loud, and clear. The lawyer's jaw drops, leaving him in astonishment.

Then Kangta, who is surprised as the other two, speaks.
"What is the difference?" The hospice manager notices that silence has befallen unto them the moment Taemin confesses. He might not have a full knowledge regarding the younger, but one thing he is sure is that Taemin looks too radiant that sometimes it seems the younger is faking it.

Leaning against the sofa, Taemin makes himself comfortable, his shoulders slump slightly. "I don't know. Because he never jokes around me, it feels weird seeing him laugh over little things. I'm not used seeing him like that."

I miss him.

Sighing, he feels world has embraces him with the freezing ice-cold water. He wants to cry badly but he musters all his courage not to - it makes him look pathetic. "I don't want to talk about this."

"Shouldn't you tell him that?" Panic settles in, does he say that out loud?

Eyes train to Siwon; Taemin then lets the elder continues. "He wouldn't know if you don't tell him that."

And Taemin chooses to stay silent. Either they really heard him, or not; that is not his concern. They should tell him first.

Not wanting to dampen the mood, Min Gyu tries to take control of the situation. "I tell Kyuhyun-hyung that he shouldn't treat me that way. That he should be around everyone the same way he is with me, okay? Don't be mad, hyung."

It comes out rapid. "I'm not mad," his voice icy cold.

"Taemin," Siwon speaks.

For the second time that day, Taemin leaves the living room - only this time, it is voluntary. He doesn't comprehend himself either, why he overreacts upon everything the way he did, he just knows the conversation is just pissing him off. It is tiring thinking over the same thing, but the fact that those thoughts always resurfacing make him resent himself even more.

Baffled, Jinki squeezes the boy's hand that still in his, afraid that Min Gyu would follow the worked up Taemin. The photographer alarms about the young male's behavior whenever the teen is within range. The dislike is clearly shown, albeit it is subtle - to Min Gyu, it probably is.

"Don't mind him, Min Gyu. He's probably doesn't want to admit that he has loses himself against you." The lawyer smiles warmly towards the younger.

"Yeah, you got Kyuhyun's love."

Widening his eyes at the unexpected word, he looks at Kangta.

Jinki assures him, "No, he means that Kyuhyun-hyung likes you more than everyone else. So, you should be thrilled."

"Should I?"

"Why not?" Siwon asks, almost shocking himself that the word flows out before he even thinking about it.

Pulling his hand from Jinki's hold; he drops his head. "I feel bad. Because I know he does reacts differently when I'm with him. It's just, he has known you guys - I mean Siwon-hyung and the other hyungs longer than me, it's quite unsettled to think that he prefers me more than the others." Breathing a soft sigh, he stares at his feet. "And I know, someone might notice this and blows up, like Taemin-hyung. I feel bad that I seem to be the third party when I know I didn't do anything. I guess it's my fault then, I overstep everything." 

or maybe not.

Standing up, he doesn't make an eye-contact with everyone in the living room. "I want to go find him."

Though the teen acknowledges Kyuhyun's warning, he doesn't feel like he wants to stay in the living room anymore, knowing to whom the S.O.S signal is referred to. Well, the ophthalmologist acts the same way around him, with the cute little girl Ryeohyun and Ryeowook-hyung. It is either one of them or them only.