Reference Point

Be Extant, Stay Around

"  I have died everyday; Waiting for you

And all along I believed; I would found you  "

 

       Kyuhyun has no other choice when his two hyungs use their 'wild card' on him. If he didn't know any better, he would actually just let them attending the party without him, but yeah - the two elders are not someone he would messed upon with. They're going to give him a-month-worth headache. Sighing heavily on the backseat, he allows his mind wanders.


       "I have a daughter."

       "She tells you that? And you believe her?"

       Shaking his head up and down Kyuhyun continues, "She has my eyes and she has his smile."

       "You still love him." Kangin states the fact after silence embraces them.



       They arrive at a Chinese restaurant. Kyuhyun meets Sungmin, Shindong and Zhoumi who arrive shortly after them. Shindong leads all of them to the private room at the east wing of the restaurant.

       The two-storey building has built with two themes - Korean concept on the front while the Chinese concept is at the back. Only Chinese meals are being served. The west side of the restaurant is the kitchen. There are ten private rooms - each with different arrangement and different atmosphere. The one they are currently in has a large and long Japanese table for the fifteen of them. Across the table is a white L-shaped sofa with a coffee table in front of it. There is a sound system installed to serve as karaoke lounge while at the same time enjoying the meals.

       Kyuhyun is being squeezes between Leeteuk on his right and Kangin on the other side. They introduce themselves and chat like all of them has been friend for a long time.

       "What are we celebrating on?" Kangin asks the further details.

       "We're celebrating this young man's mini album." Eunhyuk pinches the singer's cheek, "He finishes the promotional cycles on music shows this week." Henry who has Canadian citizenship beams bashfully

        "Wow, Kyuhyun! You have many famous guys as your friends." He almost rolls his eyes at that.

        Leeteuk takes in the new knowledge regarding Kyuhyun's friends - Eunhyuk, Donghae and Shindong co-founded the ISE building and the trio earn a position on the company as CEO, composer and choreographer respectively. Heechul and Henry are one of the many artists that choose ISE as their management.

 

......

  

       Lying on the bed, Ryeowook locks the door of his bedroom beforehand. He knows his Chinese friend downstairs will drag him to the celebration party. He already congratulated Henry by text and once he confirmed that the message is delivered, he switched off his phone. Ryeowook feels that this party is a bad idea as everyone keeps reminding him to come. Okay, maybe he his forgetful at times but an awful bunch of texts really annoyed him to no end.

       "Ryeowook, open the door." Hankyung demands from the outside. When the taller receives no responses, he decides to do the hard way. "Open the door now. I'll break the door if I have to." Threatening the younger, Hankyung emphasizes on each word.

       The banging on the door annoyed Ryeowook even more but he has no intention in stopping the action instead he presses pillow onto his both ears. For a moment, he thought that the taller male might give up as the noise is gone but he believes the latter must be up to something. Slowly he releases the pillow and decides to stay in the bathroom in case the taller might come back. Lucky for him that the guess is true but unlucky for him that before he manages to lock himself in the bathroom, Hankyung the chef has captured his left upper arm.

       The bedroom's door is wide open with the key on its respective lock. Someone in the house is helping the taller - why couldn't they respect his privacy for once?

       Gripping tightly on the bathroom door using his free hand, Ryeowook positions his right leg at the back of the bathroom door. As the taller holds onto the smaller waist securely using his right hand, he struggles to unclasp Ryeowook's tight grip on the door using the other hand.

       "Come on, Ryeowook. Relax your grip." The smaller didn't buy the fallacious argument instead he tightens the grip. His other hand balls into a fist and strikes a few blows on the latter chest but to no avail. He then feels the taller jerks him further by the waist - he yelps by the sudden movement. The taller then easily lifts the smaller onto his shoulder as the latter's grip loosens. Defeated, Ryeowook calmly formulates an escape plan. Once they've reach downstairs, Ryeowook bites Hankyung's shoulder and pushes the taller off with his both hand on the broad chest.

       But the faster male quickly acts on reflexes he trapping the younger beneath him. He stares at the male on the floor, "Are you scared, Ryeowook?"

       The unnerved question is the last straw for the younger as he punches the taller squarely on the jaw.

       "Dammit Ryeowook!" The hefty powerful punch had the taller chef reeled over. Painfully, he moves around - he thought he should stand up, but the throbbing pain inhibits him from doing so. Fortunately, the younger brother of Ryeowook helps him to stand up. Ryeowook's mother runs for an ice pack while Mr. Kim paces towards his son, hugging the smaller frame before softly say, "I won't say anything for you, son. You know I won't unless you want me to."

       Pushing his father gently with a smile, Ryeowook walks over to his mother and takes the ice pack.

       "I'm sorry." He brings the ice pack to the male's jaw. Missing the eye-contact, the designer continues, his voice is strained. "We can leave in thirty minutes."

       Hankyung places his hand on top of Ryeowook's, "Thanks, Ryeowook."

       Leaving the injured man, Ryeowook grabs Ryeohyun gently by her wrist - heading to the garden on the left side of the house. She has been standing there for a while.

       Fifteen minutes later, Ryeowook comes back in. His daughter's walking in front of him. Waiting for the chef who is having a few words with his parents, he plays with the little girl's hair absently. Once Hankyung done whatever he's been doing, the designer trails behind him to a car. Let's just hope everything would turn out to be just fine.


       Parking the car, Hankyung guides the smaller to the room that is booked by them when suddenly he feels Ryeowook's hand on his wrist. Stopping on his track, he gives a moment for Ryeowook to put his head on the taller chest. He can clearly hear Kyuhyun's faint voice inside the room. The Chinese male then pulls out his cellphone gently from the back of his jean; warning the other guys inside - act like nothing's going to happen and continue distracting Kyuhyun.

       Shortly after five minutes, Ryeowook is being dragged (forcefully) by the elder towards the room. There are several green bottles of soju and a bottle of red wine on the table.

       Kyuhyun just watches the smaller from the sofa while listening to nonsense his friends babbling on. He then feels a hand creeps on his shoulder - tilting his head slightly, he finds Kangin chats animatedly with the others.

       As soon Ryeowook sits at the end of the table which is far across from Kyuhyun, Sungmin hovers over the smaller. Later, Hankyung brings rice and some meals for the younger. Leeteuk then follows suit - sitting beside Ryeowook and introducing himself. Ryeowook just smiles wryly and he switches to the listening mode as Sungmin, Leeteuk and Hankyung converse with each other. His eyes are everywhere but Kyuhyun.

       From a far, Ryeowook observes Heechul who is trying to pick a song on the karaoke machine. He can see the male is very tipsy when he nearly knocks down Henry who is standing behind him with staggering steps.

       Playing with Ryeowook's hand, Sungmin then lies his head down on the younger's lap. In an instant, he falls asleep - leaving the conversing duo in their world and ignoring the terrible singing of his friends.

       By now, almost everyone is in drunkard state and this is where Ryeowook noticing that Kyuhyun has been staring at him. The smaller however remains unaffected as he's looking for the Chinese man who he knows might be the only one who is sober enough to clean up all the messes. Nevertheless, the slender male is completely taken by surprise when he realizes Kyuhyun is lounging around across the table right in front of him. Ryeowook watches the latter is looking at the alcoholic beverages before the lanky male raises his head and meets his eyes.

       "You don't drink?" Ryeowook composedly questions. Heart beats faster than normal.

       Dropping his gaze back onto the beverages, Kyuhyun states, "I have to drive them back - Leeteuk-hyung and Kangin-hyung."



       Soon, all of them are outside of the restaurant. Ryeowook upholds the drunken Donghae by the composer's waist. He catches a cab and shoved the composer; the cheeky Henry and Heechul in one go. He informs the driver on his house address.

       Leeteuk comes near Kyuhyun and rummages the latter's pocket for a house key. He and Kangin leave the dumbfounded male when they jump into a cab as soon the cab is in front of them.

       Ryeowook then tells Hankyung that they all can use his penthouse for the night and he trusts that the chef will make sure everyone is safe and sound. "You have the key, right. Make sure everyone is alright." Ryeowook demands with a serious tone of his.

       After helping Ryeowook pushing his cousin, Shindong and Kibum the architect into the taxi, Kyuhyun watches the smaller brings the remaining intoxicated male into Hankyung's car. Shortly after Hankyung drives out, Kyuhyun realizes that they leave Ryeowook purposely - alone - with him. He notices that the smaller didn't aware of the current situation.

       His next action really catches him off guard as he's slamming the door of the cab and apologizing to the driver for the inconvenience. He can practically feels the menacing glare from the smaller but Kyuhyun stands there with a steady gaze. "I'll drive you home."

       And for a moment, they stand there without breaking the eye contact. Kyuhyun then walks towards his silver car when he sees Ryeowook's gaze softens. He opens the door for the smaller. Ryeowook only hops in when the lanky male is turning the ignition on.

       Just when he thinks things wouldn't get any better - he is totally wrong.

       The slender male stunned for a brief moment as Kyuhyun still remembers where his parents' house is. And it's surprised the smaller even more when the lanky male knows that he sleeps at his parents' that night. "Ryeohyun tells me that you sleeps at your parents' every once in a while." Glancing briefly, the doctor continues. "Besides, when you trusted the Chinese guy to make sure that everyone is okay, I know you don't stay at your house for the night."

       Ryeowook didn't have any valid argument for that, so he chooses to turns on the radio. It is one of the fool-proof plans that he knows Kyuhyun will not going to make him speaks any time soon.

       Once reaching at the front gate of the house, Ryeowook senses that all the residents are still awake considering the bright light in the house although it's already past midnight.

       Unbuckling the seat belt gently, Ryeowook opens the door after thanking the lanky male. Walking away from the car, the slender male abruptly halts to a stop when the latter calls out for him. Turning slowly, Ryeowook faces Kyuhyun, only to take a few steps backward when he sees the lanky male advances towards him.

       Watching the smaller runs away from him, Kyuhyun pause his paces. Staring at the beautiful male in front, Kyuhyun speaks softly, "I did miss you. And I will continue miss you."

       The lanky male then resumes his advances slowly that Ryeowook quickly backs away further from the male - his eyes still on Kyuhyun - until he hits the small gate behind his back. Hastily opens the door, the slender male does not realize that the lanky male is standing right before him.

       Kyuhyun clutches the delicate right wrist gently before swiftly, lightly pecking him on the lips. "I'll continue miss you till the end of my life." Whispering quietly, Kyuhyun releases the smaller.

       The pounding heartbeat leaves the slender male breathless. He couldn't think straight as he unconsciously walks towards the four-post gazebo in the garden instead the house.

       All this time, he'd convince himself that those tender touches will not going to waver him anymore. All this entire time, he's brainwashing himself that he shouldn't fall for the flattering touch.

       Suddenly, Ryeowook begins to doubt if he really ready for the fall out - no one will help him to stand again this time around, except himself.