Celebrating

Be Extant, Stay Around

 

"  Please understand the days

When I had no choice but to love you  "

 

 

       A very cryptic messages text from Eunhyuk really puzzles him. Ryeowook asks Ryeohyun what it means and it seems his daughter has no idea instead she suggests them to go there and find out. Hyukjae L.

 

       Hyukjae L. - "Let's go somewhere later at 8. I fetch you guys. Be ready!

       Ryeowook thinks that Eunhyuk must have sent the text to the wrong person.

       Ryeowook K. - "I'm Ryeowook."


       The reply comes quickly.

       Hyukjae L. - "I know."

        Ryeowook K. - "I thought you have some meetings to do."

        Hyukjae L. - "The meeting ends well and early. No questioning, just be ready."


       Ryeowook types out.

       Ryeowook K. - "Where are we going?"


       No reply comes afterwards.

 





       As soon as Eunhyuk comes, Ryeowook bombards him with question and each time Eunhyuk will shut him up - telling him, "It won't be a surprise if I tell you."

       "I hate surprises!" Ryeowook retorts. Feeling hurt when the elder of the two choose to not give any response, Ryeowook glares angrily at him and gives a blow at the shoulder. "I hate you."

       "Ouch! I'm driving here, Ryeowook!" Rubbing his ache shoulder; he mutters quietly under the breath, "Dammit, it hurts."

       Ryeohyun smiles apologetically and helps Eunhyuk in reducing the blow, "Sorry, Eunhyuk-Appa."

       The curiosity builds within him when Ryeowook notices they are heading to the hospice. But, the designer keeps his mouth sealed as he still feels hurt from what happens while all along, the guilt is eaten him silently. Feigning innocence, Ryeowook hums the melody on the radio.

       Ryeowook eyes the hospice. It's quiet at the night as no one wanders around the facility. Though he feels weird about it, he dismisses the odd ambience.

       Holding onto Ryeohyun's hand tightly, he follows Eunhyuk into the lounge area. There's no light on like the people are all gone to everywhere around the many places in the hospice but not the lounge.

       Ryeohyun slowly pulls her hand from Ryeowook and both Ryeohyun and Eunhyuk distance themselves from the male. Clueless Ryeowook doesn't realize that he is standing alone in the dark lounge area. Suddenly, the bright light lit up the area.

       "Happy Birthday, Ryeowook!" The deafening voices put the birthday male into a trance.

       A gasp comes from Ryeowook when he notices all his friends around the lounge. He sees the manager grins widely to him and he slips out from the reverie when a chestnut brown hair male questions him, "Are you going to stand there forever?"

       He advances to the green white fondant cake on the table, "I thought I won't be having any cake on 21st?"

       "Seriously? You really thought we would be busy today?" Raising his head to meet Kibum in front of him, Ryeowook replies.

       "You guys said so."

       "You're such a naive, sometimes. Slice the cake now. We're hungry," Standing besides Jinki, Shindong comments.

       "I'm not." Slightly whining, Ryeowook slice the sponge cake carefully.

       There are so many meals on the buffet table like they are having a feast - the lounge is in a chaos state.





       Kyuhyun promises Kangta that he will come to the facility later after his shift for the day has ended. Initially, he refuses politely - saying that he can't guarantee that he will come as he is tired after the shift but the older male persuades him to come - almost desperate, Kyuhyun thought. And free meal is a nice deal.

       Parking his car on the lot, he can hear a loud cheerful laughter from the lounge area. He walks silently into the lounge; greeting Kangta once he spots the handsome guy is chatting with the staffs.

       "You must be hungry, right. I get you some food." Feeling a little embarrassed with the staffs, he darts his eyes everywhere across the area - try to look out for the red-headed boy. He waves for the boy when he catches the boy is eating cakes with a group of boys.

       Kyuhyun lets a small smile and tilts his head slightly when suddenly he eyes meet with another male's across the room. The noise around him dies down alomost instantly when he realizes the beautiful eyes he had fallen himself into.

       Ryeowook's breath hitches the moment he let himself drown into those hazel eyes. He feels like his heart will explode at any rate if he continues, so he quickly averts his eyes - looking for his daughter.

       The moment Ryeowook break the gaze, Kyuhyun feels nervous all of a sudden and wishes Kangta will help him in hiding himself from everyone else. He move restlessly on the seat and fixated his eyes on the man at the buffet table.

       The woman who previously chats with Ryeowook watches the stare and she surprises to find the young man.

       "Ah, the young handsome singer," she whispers.

       It's not the words that make people gaping at the scene across the lounge area instead it is the stride that she makes towards the young doctor.

       Kyuhyun has no choice when he sees the curly straight hair woman. Standing to his feet, he flashes a small smile and bows slightly towards her. She hugs the young man briefly and releases him just when Kangta comes back with a plate on his right hand and a glass on the other.

       Shindong, Yesung and Eunhyuk who in the buffet table exchange nervous glances with each other while Donghae and Hangeng who are currently chatting with a grandma tells them about the young male across the room. Surprised Zhoumi nudges Sungmin gently who is busy laughing with group of kids meanwhile Siwon calmly says to Henry and Kibum who are laughing their heads off at the staff's joke, "It's Kyuhyun."

       Heechul who is coming into the lounge after returning from the restroom with Jinki trails behind him halts his step when he is sure he sees the lanky male is smiling awkwardly to the woman in front of him. The younger would actually crush onto the Heechul's backside if not for how prepared the older is.

       Sensing the weird stares from people in the room, Kangta quickly announces, "Who wants to play a game?" Lame, of course it is.

       Ryeowook, refuses to play the game leaves the group quietly in which they start to play the 'three-syllable' word game. The next person has to give a new word begins with the last syllable that the previous person has said and the word must contain only three syllables. Of course, the leaving Ryeowook is not getting unnoticed by his friends and his daughter. Even Jinki can tell that the slender male is trying to escape the room. While Kyuhyun and Kangta might have worried for the said male; they are really good at masking their feeling then.

       The game continues like nothing has ever happen albeit the eleven guys are trying hard not to be very obvious in comforting Ryeowook. In the midst of the fun, they argue with one another using the sign language they create during desperate time - and only they are capable of understand it. Unfortunately, Ryeohyun and Jinki can read the sign quite well - they have done it too many time not to understand a tidbit - although it is very hard to discern the cryptic messages of the group.

       Shindong who is the excellent in this kind of game purposely answers the same word and surprisingly the first one to lose. Without wasting anytime, he grabs some drinks before searching for the younger male.


       "Want a drink?" Shindong sits beside Ryeowook on the bench in front of the field.

       "You lose already?" Asking lazily with a tired smile, Ryeowook takes the glass, "Thanks."

       Nodding in approving, "I'm the first one, though. I repeat the same word. I want to win the game badly. Such a waste!" Shindong laughs it off.

       "Are you volunteering yourself?" Ryeowook asks directly with his eyes on the choreographer.

       Steading his breath, Shindong meets the gaze, "Are you running away?"

       It does not last long enough when Ryeowook's stare beginning to waver. "I ask you first," He quietly whispers before sipping on the glass.

       "It doesn't matter who is going to comfort you. Everyone wants to comfort the damsel in distress." Shindong smirks when Ryeowook kicks him in the leg and he doesn't give a chance for Ryeowook to retort, "You've come this far. We both know what you are doing right now is not for the best. I love you Ryeowook. So, don't cry yourself out."

       Shindong rises to his feet and pats Ryeowook gently on the back before leaving the smaller alone.



       Ryeowook sees Hankyung advances towards the bench and the well-built man quickly explains, "They think I'm the best candidate for you."

       "Shindong-hyung comes first," Ryeowook claims with amusing expression across his face.

       "Ah, right. Then, I'm the second best candidate." Ryeowook's lips crook into a big grin while Hankyung laughs at his own statement. Leaning his head on the taller male's shoulder, Ryeowook draws imaginary line on the latter's palm.

       "Want to tell me what happen?"

       "Nothing happen except you guys fools me, again. I hate that, you know."

       "We know you hate that but we love doing that to you, you know. Come on, tell me. I will keep this private and confidential." The chef lifts all his right fingers up, losing the contact with Ryeowook.

       Sighing heavily, Ryeowook let the silence does the talking. Taking the right hand down, he then draws some words on the palm. "Did I run away?"

       "Shindong said that to you, right." Ryeowook tilts his head up and down. "Are you kidding me? Even Ryeohyun knows you run away."

       Ryeowook hits the elder male's chest hard. "What?"

       "Could you please not rub it off on my face? Seriously, I hate you guys."

       Storming to other places, he hears Hankyung's yelling, "I know you not meant it. Do what your heart tell you to do, Ryeowook."



       Ten minutes later Donghae finds Ryeowook at the guest room sitting by the big transparent window; looking at the night sky absently.

       "You're not crying yourself out, right?"

       Familiar with the rich voice; Ryeowook remains his eyes on the silver star above him, "Why everyone keeps telling me that?"

       Not quite understand the composer inquires, "Tell you what?"

       Anger inside him is bubbling and the dump question by Donghae certainly doesn't make him feel better. Turning himself towards the door, "That I shouldn't cry myself out! Why should I cry? What would I cry myself over with? I hate saying that I hate you guys."

       Ryeowook turns his back on Donghae once again. "Seriously, I hate you guys for figuring me out," he whispers. A tear comes down falling onto the pale cheek.

       Hearing the silent sobbing from the smaller, Donghae quickens his step only to back-hugging the frame. Then, he turns the male around and letting the latter to cry himself on his chest.

       "I don't know what I should do. I'm tired, hyung." Still on Donghae's chest, Ryeowook says after calming himself down before fresh tears escape his eyes again. 

       Donghae leaves Ryeowook on himself once the latter feels better, "I'll come to the lounge later. I want to be alone for a while." Ryeowook sends Donghae with an assuring smile.




       The night ends when the staffs and the all the occupants of the hospice urge Kyuhyun to sing a song for them. Still worried when Ryeowook does not come back to the lounge, Kyuhyun lets them pull him to the buffet table across the entrance.

       He has no idea on what should he'd be singing when he hears Henry's voice, suggesting that he sings 'Drunken Truth'. Is that even reality?

       Donghae steps into the lounge when he sees the helpless Kyuhyun being pulled towards the table. He then walks to his group of friends and stands beside the cheeky Henry who give an idea to Kyuhyun. To the eleven guys' amazement, Kyuhyun starts singing the song with his rich velvety voices. All the time, Henry gapes in wonder at the doctor-singer and Donghae snaps the younger each time the male stares with the wide open mouth.

       It might be miracle when Kyuhyun catches a sight of Ryeowook at the entrance of lounge area.

 

 

       I feel just as awkward as you are right now
       I can't even look at you straight in the eyes
       I'm sorry that I keep repeating myself
       But today, I'm going to say it all

       I love you so much
       Even if my sloppy declaration
       Seems corny or unbelievable
       It is not something I'm just saying

 

 

 

       Kyuhyun continues to stare at the figure while Ryeowook calms his erratic heartbeat by pressing his backside near the wall beside him. Donghae realizes just then that Kyuhyun has fixated his eyes at the silhouette that is hiding well at the entrance. The crowd goes wild once Kyuhyun finishes the last verse. Brushing it off with a smile, he silently paces towards Ryeowook when the manager gets the situation under control.

        "Happy birthday, Ryeowook," Kyuhyun whispers softly before he walk passes him and his friends - standing a far across the entrance of the lounge beside Henry.

       Ryeowook then comes to the front to give a closure speech and thanks everyone for the wonderful birthday party he ever had for a while. He apologizes to Eunhyuk for hitting him earlier but gives a warning to his group of friends that like to do surprises to him. He then apologizes to everyone for disturbing their night and causing trouble in setting the lounge area.

       "Thank you very much to everyone." Smiling beautifully, he carries on, "Let's clean this place up."


       Kyuhyun decides to stay overnight at the guest room as he doesn't trust himself to drive back to the apartment. And Ryeohyun bids him goodnight on a cheek after following the male to the guest room. They hug briefly and Kyuhyun gives an envelope to her. He then rushes Ryeohyun out before someone notices the little girl has gone missing. Though he is happy meeting with his precious daughter, people might actually start talking about him or Ryeowook for that matter if he isn't be very careful about that.

       As night sky grew darker, the eleven guys, including Ryeowook and his daughter hop into their respective car and drive out from the hospice - still feels excited on the event yet exhausted at the same time.

 

 

 

               p/s: Sorry for all the incompetence skill of mine! Enjoy reading. :)