Snippets of Sunday

Be Extant, Stay Around

 

 

"  Though I try to erase the love inside of me; Though I try to throw it out

It's not easy; Because you have settled in my heart  "

 

 

 

       Eyes close fleetingly while head is resting on the back of the couch; wishing the morning breeze sweeps away the memories lingering around. Relaxing the posture, Ryeowook slowly opens his eyes - meeting the glow of sun rays reflect by the still water in front of him.

       Standing on his feet, he grabs the mug on the coffee table and walks over to the edge of pool before he adjusts the temperature of the water. Gradually, he dips both his legs in the water - making sure it is not too cold neither too hot; slightly warm enough he can submerge himself later.

       Warm spread into his body. He loves this - the warm feeling. He closes his eyes for the second time; bringing the mug to his mouth. He lets a slow smile spread across his face when he thought of Kyuhyun - he is warm.

       Setting the mug carefully on the edge, he slips his fully-dress body into the water. Swimming around in the pool, he plays with the water - submerging himself into the water, staying afloat the next. And it seems this activity helping him to think more clearly as the potential thought of drowning himself quickly washes away when he does remember that he has many surprises he can't waste on.

       He then swims to pool liners before he moves his feet to the coffee table; reaching for the phone.
 

       He misses Kyuhyun, too.




       Kyuhyun wanders around the apartment searching for the soft melody he just heard. The melody stops itself after sometimes but the flash of the phone on the kitchen table catches his eyes.

       "I have a nice morning. I'm hoping for yours, too. I miss you already." - Kyuhyun stares at the texts for a very long time, unblinking.

       "What are you doing with my phone?"

       Alarms with the familiar tone, he abruptly walks to the stove - locking the phone and leaving it on its former place.

       Back-facing Ryeohyun, he nervously tells her, "I was just... hmm, looking at the phone... and the messages." He whispers the last part; hoping Ryeohyun doesn't hear him.

       Ryeohyun halts her speaking action when Kyuhyun suddenly places two sets of omelettes on the table.

       "Let's eat now. Wash your hands first, Ryeohyun."

       "Why should I wash my hands? I thought we're going to use the cutlery set?"

       "It's good for your hygiene. If you don't want to, then don't." Stammering Kyuhyun casts his eyes down.


 
 


       They are now in the car, doing the thing that the little girl has suggested last night - visit a hospice.
       
       "What do you want me to say?"

       "Huh?" Kyuhyun gives a sideway glances as he tries maintaining his focus.

       "Well, you read the messages. I'm sure you have something to say," Ryeohyun smirks evilly.

       Kyuhyun's brain works fast in order to save himself, "It was for you. Perhaps you don't have anything to say, do you?"

       "I've already replied the messages." Flustered Ryeohyun replied quickly.

       "Oh, really? What did you say, then?"

       "That 'I miss you' and 'I'll be back sooner before you'd realize'."

       "Then, I don't see the point why are you asking me 'what-do-you-want-me-to-say' thing earlier." Kyuhyun casually replies with an amused tone of his.

       How Kyuhyun doesn't want to be defeated easily still runs in his vein. Well, the lanky male thought he has stops this act, long ago after he doesn't do games anymore. And apparently, it is not - he realizes. But, he supposed to give up if this argue thing is involving a child, right? No?







       Tying an apron around his waist and pulling out a meat cutting knife from the first drawer, the doctor looks over his daughter. 

       "Why do you insist to have a lunch at home?" Kyuhyun slices the beef thinly into a small match stick before he places the bowl with the sliced beef in the refrigerator while the remaining proportion of it he puts into a large pot on the stove.

       "I want to spend my lunch time with you, alone." Ryeohyun is mixing the ingredients for the beef sauce; replies softly.

       "Alright, then. Once you have done mixing, you can make us drink. Any flavour is fine with me."

       Kyuhyun seasons the beef before adding kimchi in. He then pours water in it; stirring and left it simmers on low heat before he walks over to the juicer.

       "Are you okay?" Ryeohyun tries her best to show her brightest smile.

       "Yes, I'm okay. I'm done with the juicer. You need any other help?"

       "You can make a dessert using the fruits. And could you please bring the bowl of beef out?" Kyuhyun gently her hair; affectionately smiles to her.

       Noodles have been added in the broth and they have to wait for a several minutes until both dishes are done.

       "Help me set the table, please."


       "This is delicious. Who would have thought that you can cook excellently without burning your kitchen down?" Ryeohyun tastes the soup.

       "Back in Ireland, Leeteuk-hyung has forced me to learn how to cook so I don't starve myself or else he confiscates my PSP. I hate him at that time, though."

       "Now, you don't?"

       "He has been with me all these years. He knows everything about me, including Ryeowook. He has to know that little secret, though." Kyuhyun smiles wryly and laughs it off, "He even reads me like I am a book to him."




       Sitting on the couch, Kyuhyun plays with the car key mindlessly. They decide to meet Siwon at park where they had spent their time together.

       "Can I take this stuffed toys...?"

       "Sure. I don't need any of those to put me to sleep."

       Ryeohyun huffs out her annoyance, "Sure, you don't. Lucky for you."

       Preparing for this for quite a long time already, she finally paces to the living room - standing across from her farther while fixing her eyes on Kyuhyun intently.

       Kyuhyun lifts his head - meeting the stare. How he wishes for the world to stop spinning around the orbit. He slowly closes the distance between them; bending his body and wrapping her in the warm embrace.

       He doesn't realize that the moment he walks over he has been crying since then. Collapsing onto the floor, he holds Ryeohyun out - wishing the time to be an eternity for both of them so he can easily walks away like this is mere a dream.

       Ryeohyun bits her quivering bottom lips hard, in attempt to keep the tears from falling.

       It's going to be okay, Ryeohyun. Everything will be fine. Everything will be just fine.

       Composing himself after sometimes, Kyuhyun stands up and he offers his hand to Ryeohyun - telling her that he is ready for whatever they have to go through later.



 
       Siwon pauses himself from calling Kyuhyun when he notices a silver car make a stop. He also notices the streak of tears - once Kyuhyun steps outside from the car - albeit the younger male has done a good job in hiding them beneath those sunglasses.

       Patting the younger male, "I give you some more time."

       Kyuhyun sits both himself and Ryeohyun on a bench under the familiar tree.

       "It has been nice to know you better, young lady."

       "I must say it is a pleasure for meeting you, too. This last 2-day adventure is the best thing ever happen to me. All thanks to you, handsome gentleman." They both laugh for the silly yet lovely nickname they had for each other.

       Seeing the taller man heading to their way, Kyuhyun gently caress the girl's face before he holds her shoulders; kisses her forehead tenderly before moves to her lips.

       "I love you, my little princess." he whispers. Closing her eyes in those fleeting moment, Ryeohyun realizes Kyuhyun has leaves her.

       Instantly Siwon hugs her; lending his shoulder for her to lean it. "Let it all out, Ryeohyun. Let it out. It's okay. Everything is going to be just fine."

       Siwon wants to believe that everything will turn out to be just fine in the end despite distinctly knows the bitterness isn't going to be fading away soon - the bitterness will keep on coming and so thus the true love, it will keep growing till the end of time, beating away the bitter.

 
 
 
 
 
p/s: This is all happening in the course of a day - Sunday, to be exact. From early morning to breakfast time. After the hospice visit, they have a lunch, then comes the inevitable parting time in the park.