Z: Mending

Be Extant, Stay Around

 

Still in the mood of Changmin/Victoria's reception, in case you're forgetting :) Because during the all commotions that the summer house has been witnessing, other people choose to go for shopping, before they decide to return to Seoul.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

       Loading all the things they have brought into the back of the car, Zhoumi rearranges them properly in order to accommodate all the shopping bags. He never imagines that anyone can ever beat him in the shopping spree department. Jaejoong makes sure all the clothes he's going to pay for has a good artistic feeling to it, not to mention that Victoria certainly attracted to the most trending garments that matches her perfectly.

       It is disastrous considering how he himself feels tired that he is being dragged out throughout the mall by those two based-on-interest friends. It takes a complete four hours to finally stop all the wandering off around the shops in the mall, realizing that they have to prepare lunch before driving back to Seoul.

       They come with two cars, as Changmin and Victoria's friends all decide to come to the shopping mall. Because Changmin refuses to be apart from his wife, Zhoumi finds himself in Yunho's car alongside with Hankyung. While on their way back, the taller designer debates on whether he should pass out or not, when suddenly Yoochun says something.

       "Ryeohyun seems close with Kyuhyun. She looks cute though." The singer-actor smiles fondly upon remembering that little girl. 

       Jaejoong plays with his phone, adds. "I seriously want to adopt her. She has the warm smile like Ryeowook's."

       After a while, Yunho behind the wheel keeps the conversation going. "You know, I'm pretty sure Kyuhyun and Ryeohyun has the same eye color - a golden brown."

       It's hazel brown eyes." Hankyung corrects it, though he feels uneasy with the topic, considering he perfectly knows where this conversation is leading to.

       Yunho nods, agreeing with the chef. "Right, that's the word."

       "I thought she's Ryeowook's daughter?" Yoochun looks puzzled.

       "She is." Silence stretches the whole ride as everyone speculates; trying not to ponder about the little girl.

       "Well, it might be coincidence." Junsu breaks the spell.

       Jaejoong quickly argues. "I think everyone in this car doesn't believe that. Like it is a coincidencea when Henry looks like he wants to murder someone when Kyuhyun came last night."

       Zhoumi freezes up at the mention of the singer, the same time Yunho reasons out, "It's not the same thing, and Henry just doesn't like Kyuhyun that much."

       "Are you sure? I can sense that Ryeowook is the missing piece to the whole puzzle."

       Hankyung feels a lump forms in his throat. He isn't sure whether the fact that Jaejoong is catching everything in just one night or the circumstance that everyone in the car is about to know the whole truth scare him the most.

       "Then, what are you suggesting?" Yoochun returns the question of Jaejoong with a question.

       "I have a theory, but can say I say this, Zhoumi?" Jaejoong probes the taller designer. who keeps all quite since they start the conversation.

       "Sure." He almost cracks his voice as all the occupants in the car look over him, except Yunho.

       "The little girl is both Ryeowook and Kyuhyun's daughter." He studies all the face - minus the designer and the chef's - they're not surprised though. "See, I know you guys thought the same thing. The issue is why they look like they are avoiding each other, right?"

       "They probably have a different route at some point." Yunho makes a comments.

       Yoochun chips in, "It might be, but the way Ryeohyun looks comfortable around Kyuhyun doesn't seem like they have separated from each other. It's endearing watching the doctor acts around the little girl."
 
       Yunho can't help in agreeing with the statement. "That is so true. He keeps his eyes on his daughter every chance he gets that it is fortunate that the girl is still a little girl. If I didn't know better, I'd say Kyuhyun might fall in love with her."

       "So, how Henry comes into the picture then?" Curiosity peaks its' way on Junsu. Meanwhile, Zhoumi braces himself to hear the whole thing as Hankyung fixes his expression in a rigid manner, trying his best not to fracture the dissemble-masked.

       "He likes Ryeowook."

       "Like as if like, or more than that?" Going for the detail, Junsu inquires.

       "From my point of view, he probably loves Ryeowook, that he feels threaten with Kyuhyun's presence." Zhoumi feigns his despondency at the perfect observation, his heart sinks deeper.

       "Are they even divorced?" Yoochun doubts.

       "That's the point. They haven't, right Zhoumi?"

       The chef however feels his heart skips a beat. It isn't directed towards him, so how come he is the one who seems to be affected?

       Yunho gives a side-glance towards the male beside him. "How did you know that? That's very confidential."

       "The way Changmin looked at me this morning and everything - it gives me the insight that it is the only logic that I can think of." Jaejoong however doesn't explain about the silver ring on both Ryeowook and Kyuhyun's finger.

       When silence settles in once again, all of them conclude it is as it is. "What happened exactly?"

       "I'm not sure if I'm in the right place to tell."

       "Did something bad happen to both of them?" Questions keep coming that the taller designer tries his best not to lash out his irritation as he takes time to answer.

       Hankyung then chooses to voice out, saving his friend from the unnecessary trouble. "We're not really there when it happens. And all the thing that Jaejoong has says so far are all true though the divorce part is still in the dark. Their friends are all acting like nothing has happened because they might think it is for the best. But, we know it is not. It's unfortunate for them to be trapped even eight years has passed. They are all in the mess, all of them."

      Yunho adds, "Right, I remember that you - Zhoumi, had said that you met Ryeowook in Paris back then in a magazine. About his medicine inclined family? Kyuhyun is involved in that too, right?"

       Rubbing the back of his nape, Zhoumi says. "I guess he doesn't like to be in the spotlight his family created, and maybe he doesn't want to let me know about Kyuhyun either. Because, we both knew about Ryeowook and Kyuhyun's past from their friends. When Hankyung and I first came to Seoul from China, we met and befriend with Sungmin, and the rest is history. Ryeowook never tell me anything. He must has expects that Hankyung and I already knew about the whole story."

       Wanting the conversation to just die out, the designer points someone else, so that he doesn't going to be the only one who spills all the beans. He can only hope.

       "Ryeowook only confides in Donghae while Siwon might know everything about Kyuhyun. And Yesung-hyung always knows about the whole thing, though I don't know how he manages to do that." Sighing heavily, the designer leans against his eat, trying to slam his eyes shut.


       He doesn't realize he has fallen asleep, not until the engine of the car is slowly coming to a light humming. Fluttering his eyes open, he is startled when Yoochun's face comes closer to his. And the male bursts out laughing, clapping his hands as leans away from Zhoumi. The nerve of him... Rolling his eyes, he grabs his things from the back of the car, before making his way to the house.

       Stepping into the living house, his eyes come across with Siwon's lean figure - the lawyer is resting his tall body against the sofa, looking all spaced out, but Zhoumi decides that it is not his business. So, he comes straight to the point.

       "Where's Min Gyu?"

       "Upstairs." Jinki, whose eyes fixated on the taller male, answers. Resolving not to be the pain in the , he continues, "He's on the second floor."

       "Thanks, this is for you." Zhoumi hands him a bag, before disappearing to the second floor.

       Blinking in confusion, the photographer dips his hand into the paper bag, pulling a soft fabric out. He stares at the pacific blue wool sweater in front of him, debating whether he should ask for further explanation when he belatedly notices the tall designer is no longer in sight. He finally resolves to inquire the reasoning for the warm crocheted garment later, when everything has turns out normal.


       "Are you guys having a family reunion?" He puts down all the shopping bags on the coffee table in the middle of everyone.

       "Zhoumi-Appa." Ryeohyun coos.

       "I'm not part of the family." Min Gyu argues straight away.

       "Whatever you say, kid."

       Min Gyu narrows his eyes, intending to make Zhoumi intimidates, but failing miserably when the said designer doesn't acknowledge the irritated gesture.

       "Stop frowning. You look old." Ryeohyun interjects, reaching the charcoal-grey cardigan that nicely put around the ebony dress shirt as it wraps around Min Gyu's frame, and tugs the article of clothing gently.

       However, he annoyance-sense has flares up, as he catches the laugh that erupting from the taller designer.

       "Zhoumi, stop laughing." Kyuhyun tries to save the situation as calm as he possibly can but when the designer continues to laugh, his pretense evaporate. The lanky doctor kicks the taller on the limb. "Stop laughing already."

       " -- Ouch! It hurts, damn -- " Zhoumi clenches his teeth, enduring the searing pain that shoots up his long limb. "It hurts okay."

       But no one pays attention to his protest, as everyone crowds the paper bags. If Kyuhyun feels guilty, he has done nothing remotely that indicates he is indeed the one at fault.

       Ryeowook, on the other hand watches everything with amusement, albeit he is confused with the term family reunion being used by his co-partner. Instead he smiles when Zhoumi looks at his way apologetically - asking for his sympathy. Though Ryeowook feels bad towards the taller designer, he doesn't say anything. Since he doesn't even utter a single word before Zhoumi comes storming to the patio - except when his daughter ot the teenage boy ask for his response, that is. Somehow, the petite male feels grateful as the lanky doctor doesn't interact with him that much.

       And of course the confusion that hazes over Ryeowook's orbs doesn't escape Zhoumi. "So, Kyuhyun are you going to drive Min Gyu back to Seoul?"

       Blinking, the lanky doctor lifts his face, facing the questioner before briefly shifting his gaze towards the teen. "If he wants to."

       "Would you, boy?"

       Glancing at the doctor who doesn't even look at him, he answers. "Sure."

       Kyuhyun just nods his head, taking a mental note in his head, as he is looking over at his daughter's blouse that Zhoumi has brought for her.

       "Daddy, I think Zhoumi-Appa buys you this." Ryeohyun then hands over the clothing article to Min Gyu and the teen heads towards Ryeowook before passing the article to him.

       As the teen boy sits down beside Ryeowook, Zhoumi moves to Min Gyu's previous spot.

       "You don't plan on telling him?" Zhoumi casually asks with a soft voice, out from the little girl's earshot.

       "I will...later." Despite that the doctor isn't quite sure which matter he should be telling to Ryeowook. They have many issues to be taken care of, after all.

       Losing his argument, the taller contemplates for a moment before deciding to let the lanky doctor knows about the current situation. "People in the house especially the newcomers, they catch the whole drift."

       Facing Zhoumi, the doctor eyes the side-profile of the elder. He keeps himself silent, intending for the other to continue. But, several seconds that it seems too long to respond on the elder's part, Kyuhyun couldn't rationale out the statement.

       "Well, people love to assume. Is not a bad thing, isn't it?"

       Zhoumi abruptly rises to his feet, walking out from the covered patio. He is sure that the doctor is following him behind therefore he keeps talking.

       "Maybe, but it is a tale-tell that everyone can see these issue right under your nose. It's bad enough if you ask me. For how long you want to keep on going like this? For how many years you think Ryeowook is strong enough for all these crap?"

       Stopping his track, he faces the lanky doctor. Gentle eyes boring through the blank look in the hazel eyes.

       "Talk to him. You have suffered the same degree of detriment execrably, exactly like Ryeowook, if not more. You can't expect you can solve everything if you don't make a move. He needs you, Kyuhyun. The sooner you get this over with, the better it is for everyone."

       Breaking the stare, Zhoumi shuts his eyes. How is it possible that he can feel the pain this man in front of him is feeling, when all the things that he has all known about is Ryeowook's torment. Opening his yes slowly, the elder averts his eyes somewhere else, afraid that when he sees the state Kyuhyun is in, he might lost all his words.

       His voice is in desperate tone. "At least do this for Ryeohyun's sake, or your friends' sake. They are all hurting, I know it is hard - hell, I don't even want to put myself in your shoes in the first place, knowing how hurt you are all those years; but we are all the same, Kyuhyun, They are hurting, you are hurting...everyone is hurting."

       Confronting the doctor once again, his eyes shine with hope.

       "You have to help Ryeowook, as well as help yourself, Mend his broken heart, heal your broken soul. You've got to be strong which I know you can be. We might not really understand the whole story but Hankyung and I promise that we're going to help you all the way. Don't be afraid, Kyuhyun. This is all for your sake, Ryeowook's sake. This is all for your family's sake."