H: Au Revoir

Be Extant, Stay Around

''  I don't know how to weave a beautiful dream; But I will make you feel my love

The sincerity I have for you, it's real  "

 

A good afternoon in the middle of fall season is magical. The glorious, warm noon with the pleasant, chilling breeze hits his bare-face lightly, sending a refreshing shiver across his body.The air is stifling, but in a good way - rather, the temperature-drop and the lack of heat in the air make it more appealing. Christmas will arrive in the blink of an eye, though.

Then again, why he chooses to go through this trouble? He is an actor, for goodness sake! Donning a brownish-green single-ed overcoat with notched lapel over blue dress shirt, Heechul walks into 'Chocolat Bonbon' bakery as hands both in the pocket.

"Are you here alone?" A pretty lady behind the counter greets him - she's Eunhyuk's older sister.

Smiling, he lets his eyes roaming around the interior of the bakery-cafe before stopping at the familiar silhouette's backside. "Not anymore," he says. Heading towards the target destination, his eyes are still tracing the male.

"Why though I think I know what are you going to talk about?" If he remembers correctly what has been happening a week ago, he just hopes that nothing is changing. Sitting down, he stares at the younger male in front of him.

The younger lets a small smile. "I'll order cappuccino, it's your favorite right?"

Eyeing the younger designer some more, he folds his arm across the chest. Better start talking. This is sooner than he originally has thought.

"Can I come straight to the point then?" This is uncommon of Ryeowook. And Heechul simply reaches for the cup on the table, agreeing in silent albeit he seems reluctant.

"One, it's nice to see you hyung. If possible, I want to spend my time every day with you." The younger is smiling at him. "Two, thanks for coming here. You're going to start filming for a new drama soon, right? All the best then!"

If he didn't know any better, he would probably just shut the younger down. "Three, I'm thankful for what have you done so far for me and the others. I'm not sure if I can repay all of it. Four, I'm going to apologize for the thing I've done, for everything that I've said today, and for the years to come."

Heechul looks over Ryeowook only to meet with the sight of Ryeowook gazing on his shoulder. "Five, I do think that maybe I shouldn't...receive...any more help...from you. I have decided that maybe...you need to let me go. Open your heart for someone else other than me."

 

His visual faculty is getting blurry than he doesn't realize that the young man in front of him has already left, only the chime of the doorbell is vibrating on his cochlea. Finally, the inevitable has comes waving his way.

In the past two years, he has actually thought that maybe, just maybe, he should be giving up on Ryeowook, but every single time he's telling himself to do just that, the other small part of him convinced him otherwise. Ryeowook would never acknowledge his feeling yet the designer will appreciate him.

He's a er for that. How foolish...

There is no way - it's near impossible to be truth that Ryeowook would actually want to start liking any five of them, it's ridiculous, ludicrous and silly. He even witnessed Kibum breaking down right in front of his eyes, what else could he expect? Though they never bring the doctor's name up, he knows the love is no less than before. Ryeowook's eyes are full of affection, endearment and though he only showcases that 
to his daughter, it's meant for the doctor too. There's fear in those brown eyes, but it disappears the moment Ryeowook's meet Kyuhyun's. He doesn't think that it is possible, yet it did.

Slowly, he slumps his tense shoulder, and drops his head on the table, eyes shutting close. It's over now. Tears begin to gather at the back of his eyelids and he waits for the tears to stain his cheeks, but nothing falls out. Straightening himself once more, he stares at Ryeowook's mug of espresso.

Hot smoke of warm air is steaming as he hears the calm voice replaying the exact words from earlier and that's it. It's finally over and here he is waiting for the pain to strike in, but his body is too numb to feel anything. The small - the tiniest - part of him feels relief though. Pulling out his smartphone from his overcoat, he slides on the device's screen and clicks on his contact name list.

Keeps on strolling, he comes to a stop at a particular Chinese name. He must have been staring at that name for almost ten minutes before flipping back the device on the table; his eyes blurry and the screen is back-facing him. He wonders why things happen the way it is? Not in his favor yet it isn't completely a troublesome either on his part. Sighing, he rests his head on the table comfortably in an attempt to sleep through the stress. He can handle his manager later.


He isn't sure exactly how he manages to fall asleep, on a table, in a bakery. Luckily, he picks the most reserved place to sit. It's going to be on headline if reporters catch this. Lifting his head very slowly, ears are on high alert but then his eyes caught something. Straightening his body (for who knows how many times that day), he stares at the man in front of him. Though he is confused, he just leans against the seat, choosing to act nonchalant about it.

"What are you doing here?"

"You'd speed-dialing me," Shrugging like this is not really an issue; Heechul just watches the taller male. Then he eyes the flipped over device. His mind is giving him many possibilities how this could happen; how out of all people this chef is right in front of him?

"Stop staring. You did miss-called me." Sliding the smartphone out of Heechul's sight, he continues. "So, what's up?"

Glaring, the actor flings his hand in the air out of a blue, catching the waiter attention. "You're paying for this, okay." And once the waiter comes, he orders out. "I want ice-cream, a big one. It's on him." Heechul gestures on the taller male, who just smiles at her out of courtesy.

"You won't believe what happened, but I don't think you should know." Not yet. Because in between his wide awake and drowsy state earlier, he believes his faculty of reasoning has formulate something he needs to be sure of himself before telling the other male. Ï don't believe it either, but that kid, he said I deserve someone better." Looking at Hankyung, he inquires. "Funny, isn't it?"

Laughing dryly, he hangs his head low. "Ï thought maybe I should be crying...guess I'm stronger than I thought." Silence embarks upon the space between the two males. If Hankyung can pinpoint, he knows that the actor doesn't telling him the whole story. He feels the need to know why him though.

But the sight of Heechul staring at the ice-cream that has just received evaporated all his previous questioning. The chef however catches one or two mumbling words from the other. "... Need... leave... stay."

"Huh?" Blinking, the chef comes closer to the actor and in a split second - he never moves that fast before - he throws his back against the seat rather harshly, creating a loud bump. Eyes everywhere that in his blabbering mess, Hankyung has manages something out. "I'm going to finish the ice-cream if you don't." And it takes forever to finish that damn frozen dessert.

The chef however catches a familiar figure coming through the entrance door, heading straight to their table (technically it's Heechul's). This could be luck; Lady Luck is helping him. Thank goodness!


Though he should be dreading seeing this scary slender male out of nowhere, but nothing could make him feel better than the way he is now. He isn't sure why though - it feels right at that moment - at least it isn't about him and Heechul only.

"What's with that face?" Jaejoong gestures towards Heechul as he's tapping Hankyung on his biceps as in asking the taller to sit beside Heechul.

"Nothing,"

Jaejoong doesn't believe the chef though, but chooses to ignore that for the time being. Eyeing the half frozen dessert, he takes it from Hankyung. "So what's new?"

Nonchalantly Hankyung lets his eyes wander at the ice-cream, gladly relief that someone is helping him finish that. 
"Nothing's new."


Glaring a bit, Jaejoong looks over Hankyung rather apprehensively.

"Kyuhyun files an adoption." Nodding, Jaejoong continues digging in the ice-cream.

Heechul in confusion just observes the look on Hankyung's face before tilting his head towards Jaejoong in front of him, "Why didn't you seem surprised?"

Jaejoong lifts his head, only to meet with the sight of very perplex Heechul, "I'm surprised!"

"No, you don't." Narrowing his eyes, he stares at the fellow artist. "Since when?" Why he didn't know this though?

Hankyung sure that question is for both of them yet he chooses to remain silent, in an agreement he does know about this before Kyuhyun make an official announcement. Though it surprised him no less as he doesn't expecting such thing is happening until that lanky doctor declares it so. Then, he answers, "Two months ago, maybe."

"Maybe? You don't even tell me!" Frowning, the actor frantically restless. "Is it during your second restaurant launching? Or is it Sungmin's family cafe opening ceremony?"

Jaejoong makes sure that he locks his eyes with Heechul's before speaking. "Its way back then,"

Only Heechul continues to glare at the younger artist as he is too pissed that Jaejoong knows about it first before him. "...Changmin's premier movie?" Still, Jaejoong has the same calm look on his defined features.

"It couldn't be during the reception...at the summer... -" Suddenly, everything clicks. "It is right?"

Hitting the chef on the chest several times, he groans, "You should have told me, idiot." Hankyung however rests his hand over Heechul's, resulting in a sudden silence, the hand on the chest lies there perfectly still.

"Sorry," Hankyung says.

Jaejoong though he catches something, he retorts, playing with Heechul's phone after finishing the dessert. "It's accidental, well sort of." Shrugging, the artist continues." Plus, Kyuhyun surprisingly takes goes care of that kid. It feels warm seeing him like that."

Hankyung slowly retracts his hand, as Heechul hits him another blow.

"And as far as I know, you guys never describe him to be the one that can take a good care of himself, let alone someone else."