Enraged Kinship

Be Extant, Stay Around


Conversing like they have known each other ages ago, despite the huge , Kangin realizes that he is late for his work when he see the long, thinner "minute" hand resting perfectly at 12, with the shorter hand pointing at 3.

A little bit surprised, he sends an apologetic smile towards Mr. Cho, saying that he can bring Leeteuk to meet him the next time they visit the main hospital. And just when both Kangin and Mr. Cho come out from the latter's office, they bump into wide-eyed Ryeowook, who at that time seems confound at the prospect that the psychologist who happened to be Kyuhyun's senior doctor, is with the lanky male's father.

Amidst his hazy mind, Ryeowook can tell that something suspicious is going on but, there is nothing to be worry about, right? Yeah, he should believe the second one. They share the same profession - of course, nothing can go wrong. How positive the smaller tries to convinced himself to be, he can't help in casting a wary look at the two mans in front of him, who exchange bow politely with a tight smile on each respective face, that Ryeowook is too daze to notice that Kangin has already leaved.

Mr. Cho then paces to the petite male, resting his hand on the latter's shoulder gently and waiting for Ryeowook to be out of the reverie with smile plasters his features. Once, the smaller meets his eyes, Mr. Cho instantly wraps his hand around the small frame, noticing how thinner the young designer has get.

"What brings you here, young man?"

Though the question seems to make Ryeowook forgets about the absence certain male momentarily, the designer can't quite sure why the nagging thoughts keep bugging his mind; wanting to be out, wanting to be answered.

"Nothing, just want to visit you. Who is he?" Just for a confirmation, in case the one he saw earlier was someone he is mistaken for.

"No, you don't like hospitals. There's no way you come here just checking the old man here." Walks the both of them to his office; Mr. Cho answers plainly. "He's a psychologist."

Doesn't want to explain further, the designer then inquires. "You're not that old. His name is?"

Quirking his eyebrows; the doctor playfully asks. "Why? Is he that attractive to you that you want him as your model?"

"No. I am just... Well, he is attractive. But...that's not what I meant." Red-flushed face Ryeowook has to bite his inner cheek, to stop himself from embarrassing him even further.

Chuckles lightly at the adorable sight, the doctor waits for some more from Ryeowook. But, the designer is too hesitating to voice out his concern. "...I thought I know him from somewhere. I just want to make sure."

Before Mr. Cho can ask any questions, Ryeowook quickly adds, "But, never mind. It doesn't really matter to me anyway."

"Okay." And Mr. Cho, who doesn't believe the young designer let the matter, slides for now. However, the doctor does give away something that makes the smaller male gulps in nervous. "He is Kyuhyun's friend."

Why Ryeowook feels uneasy out of a sudden, does wonder to the designer itself. If the lanky male's friends decide to visit their friend's father, surely it doesn't strike too odd, right? Friends visit each other's family, no?

The dread look on Ryeowook doesn't escape the vigilant eyes of Mr. Cho, resulting in another shade of red appears against the designer's soft cheeks.

"Are you alright? We drop the subject, okay."

It is fortunate for Ryeowook, really, when Mr. Cho goes out from the office after that as the designer has a hard time composing himself in front of the man he has known for the maority of his life. Calming his heartbeat, the young designer waits patiently for the doctor to come back, with two cups of green tea.

Standing to his feet, Ryeowook takes the one in Mr. Cho's right hand before closing the door behind him.

"Say, are you sick?"

"No."

Again, Mr. Cho doesn't  believe the young male so, he brings his backhand across the smaller male's forehead, examining for the rise in temperature. "You have a fever." Absentmindedly the doctor states while all along Ryeowook wants to avoid the hand but couldn't.

"It's not that high," he counters back softly.

Backs away from the young male; the doctor nods lightly. "So, I suppose you have paid a visit to your father, before coming here?"

In fact, Ryeowook will run to his father's office first, each time he is forced to come to the hospital. He doesn't like hospital, no, he hates it. Once, Mr. Kim knows what troubling his eldest son, then, he will going to coax the young designer to do a check-up. And it takes almost thirty minutes to do that, with frown creasing the designer's forehead, soon after.

Then, after Ryeowook has done a check-up, he will come to Mr. Cho's department just like he does right now, before he steps out from the hospital. Everyone who knows Ryeowook has understand this pattern albeit the designer goes visiting them once in a while, in the past months he was in South Korea.

"You get what you needed for your fever?" Knowing the young designer hate medicines that much; Mr. Cho teases the smaller male.

Groaned, Ryeowook meekly nods.

Mr. Cho loves the smaller male more than his own son. He doesn't quite sure why, but when he knows the marriage contract between the two young male doesn't work like he thought it would, part of him is sad thatmaybe Ryeowook or even his son would despise him for that matter, but the other part of him says otherwise - he is somewhat happy that even though Kyuhyun or Ryeowook doesn't say anything regarding the marriage, they always with him.

He's happy for Kyuhyun though; the son, who he cherishes a lot, has grown up and mature; all thanks to the certain male.

"Come visit my house, bring your parents and grandfather along."

Smiles wryly, Ryeowook averts his eyes. "We'll see." The same answers coming from the designer each time Mr. Cho requests the smaller to bring his whole family visit Cho residence, saying he doesn't ready to meet them, yet.

"You have met us last week. What are you so afraid of?" Studying the young designer, the doctor tries, "Is it Kyuhyun?"

Just when Ryeowook about to give an appropriate respond; the door is swinging open, revealing the bespectacled-guy around Mr. Cho's age, white coat hugging the frame.

"Hi brother, let's have a dinner with me later." Realizing that the one who he wants to invite is not behind the desk, he turns his eyes towards the pastel orange sofa in the room. "Oh, look who is here?"

His tone changes, almost immediately, "What are you doing here?"

Ryeowook, who seem surprised at the other presence, stutters, "I, I'm...visiting Mr. Cho." Despite that the designer familiar with this man, he can't help to feel intimidated with the other, especially when the man is raising his voice.

Walking towards the duo, the man question, his voice is full of venom. "Why would you? You're not part of the family anymore."

Standing to his feet abruptly, the designer bows politely, greeting the older man albeit he hears scoffing sound from the other. The calm Mr. Cho on the other hand, seems shocked at the younger gesture. Mr. Cho then rises from his seat and pulls the young male beside him, protecting the designer from the unknown danger in front of them.

Pushing his brother out from the office gently on the shoulder, Mr. Cho makes a confirmation. "Okay. Let's have dinner together.You choose -"

But, the angered man somehow manages to escape his elder brother and strides towards the standing frail male near the couch. "Maybe you should know what my father gives to you is not a token for you. What my father gives to you simply because he wants you to, nothing more than that. You should realize that I'm not really looking forward to you as part of the family, again."

Tears b on Ryeowook's eyes; drenching his heart in the process, forming bruises all over. "I'm sorry."

"If you are really sorry, you shouldn't consider changing my father's name to yours. You don't deserve anything from my father. You just ---"

"Enough! Ryeowook, go. I'll deal with him."

"Don't you dare ---"

"--- Go, Ryeowook."



 


Walking passes the hospital entrance; Kyuhyun gets onto the escalator, wanting to see his father before heading for his shift in couple of hours. Kyuhyun thinks that he is now rarely spend time with his father so, he opts to do that today since he is bored, and alone in his apartment.

The moving staircase keeps going and he realizes that the person on the opposite side of escalator is somewhat familiar. He eyes the small figure that drops his gaze down, and the lanky male notices how the smooth bangs of the other person cover entirely the latter face. Just when he is about to get off from the escalator, he finally recognizes the smaller male - Ryeowook!

Looking over his shoulder, he notices that the designer has gone. Running to his father's department, Kyuhyun's swirled thoughts somehow convince the lanky doctor that his father might know something, or if not, Mr. Kim can provide him some insight, right?

As soon as Kyuhyun arrives, he stops his track short when he sees many people in front of his father's office. Confusion clouds his eyes when he hears the raised tone of someone who he doesn't recognize inside the room. While he manages to make the others stay away from the office, he feels scared for what has happened inside.

"You really should tell him that he shouldn't feel too guilty that he thought visiting you will make things better!"

Slowly, the lanky male twists the knob before opening the door. And more than anything, the young doctor seem astonished, not because of the presence of someone who he knows by now, but the spiteful remarks that somehow manage to sneak it ways to his heart, stabbing him million times, into pieces and leaving him swimming in the pool of his own blood.

"In case you've forgot, he leaved your son first. Do you think I don't know that? I can't help to feel this way when he has everything that Kyuhyun should be the one who deserved all that. I should ask an explanation from him, forcing him out to tell us how he had to do the things he did eight years ago, but, no, I'm tired that I have to be the one who choke him out and I think it is for the best, if he stays away from us, from Kyuhyun."

Closing the door behind him, Kyuhyun realizes he attracts the attention from the other presence in the room. Calmly, he speaks. "Maybe, we should hear his explanation."

Kyuhyun's father however catches off guard when his son walks straight into the heated argument. And before Mr. Cho can say anything to stop his son from catching whatever he might hear, he completely stunned at his son's composure.

"Don't worry, I know everything."

Kyuhyun's uncle pipes in, "Then, you should take the title away from him."

"No." Facing his bewildered uncle, he continues, "Grandpa has made the decision, we should respect that because I, we, both know that if grandpa gives the hospice to either of us, things going to get ugly and grandpa doesn't like things to be out of control. You should know that, out of all people."

Stepping closer to his uncle, Kyuhyun sends daggers, straight to his uncle's eyes. "I'm sorry to say this, if you are competent enough, maybe grandpa can give the property to you. And just so you know, I won't be involved in your scheme to take the acquisition from Ryeowook. Legally or not, I'll make sure you can't take the title away from him."

Turning himself away from his unbelievable uncle, Kyuhyun dashes out from the room, hastily descending the escalator while fishing for his phone and cursing when the other is taking a tad too long to answer the phone.

"Yes?"

"I want Ryeowook's address." He doesn't know why he thinks Ryeowook probably at his house. Hospice is too far to seek for a comfort, right?

"Why?"

"Can't you just give me?!" His voice bursts out. Don't be so persistent, Kibum. Please.

Collective silence breaks the conversation short. Sighing, Kyuhyun switches on the ignition. "I saw Ryeowook at the hospital."

"Therefore?"

"Damn it! He's been crying Kibum, I want to see him. No, I'm not the one who makes him cries."

"You better tell me the details once everything settled."

Nodding, he replies. "Thanks, Kibum." When he hears nothing from the architect, Kyuhyun pops the question. "You knew about Ryeowook's favorite place, right? Is it near his house?"