H: Love-Life

Be Extant, Stay Around

 

Currently, Henry is resting his wore out limbs after successfully concludes his two days trip to Thailand for the latest song 'Fantastic' promotional cycle. He even makes his short visit to the country, memorable by leaving pictures with his hundreds of Thailand fans that comes along their way to meet him outside the studio. Appearing on some television broadcast and radio shows on the local network there, Henry makes sure that he gives some insight about the true himself to his fan club members. Although, there is a language barrier for most of the foreigner who comes to the humid and hot country, the cheeky entertainer is an exceptional as the English language he grown up using has been a great help to him, a lot.

The fact that the two young English speakers who interview him, make the atmosphere less awkward thus, the interview process has go smoothly without some awkwardness floating around the set. Enjoying the short stay in the country, Henry makes an effort to learn the Thai language and interacts with his fans; creating more intimate bond between him and his fans.

And somehow, he's now waiting for the airplane to land safely in South Korea as he can't fall asleep albeit he is exhausted with the packed schedules yet the excitement from meeting his fans that hasn't die down surely keeping him awake. He is practically giddy over the fact that he has make his career the right one, and it fells that he is bouncing on top cloud nine, knowing his fans are acknowledging him even more after many years he's been in the entertainment industries.

The memories from five years ago play before his own eyes, clouding Henry on almost everything except the certain male, like they just happen a few days ago.


Maybe it was an acute infatuation at first, when the singer met Ryeowook for the first time, after the lanky male Kyuhyun introduced the petite male, therefore the marriage revelation, to all his friends. The smaller male seemed out of reach, but Henry couldn't stop from wanting to be around him, seeing him and become attracted each time the singer met the smaller.

Henry felt extremely delightful when the elder would playfully call him 'Henli'', instead the right one 'Henry'. And when another nickname 'Mochi' invented due to his chubby cheek when he was younger; Ryeowook love to used that against him, and the singer can't stay mad for long like he usually would when other people using the similar method.

Thus, the foolish admiration somewhat blossomed into something strong that Henry could impromptu scribbling in mind - describing how adorable the male is at heart, how fragile the said male's outer appearance and how mature and composed thinker Ryeowook could be; and the lists would go on and on. And surely, the flaws the petite male had are served as a reminder for the young singer - how imperfect human is, just like him.

However, the strong intensity of emotion from Henry didn't remain as a secret when Siwon caught him in the act. It happened during Ryeowook's birthday party eight years ago, and Kyuhyun who happened to be in the scene, knew about it too. It was fortunate back then as the smaller male continued to fall into the oblivion - that everyone tried to act nonchalant about how obvious they were actually at that time towards the petite, but the few particular persons who could sense this, didn't know how to warn the smaller male.

The fact that Kyuhyun had gained knowledge about Henry's romantic feeling towards the small male, still, didn't stop the singer from going to stick around Ryeowook even more. In fact, the singer seemed to be in a way whenever he had a chance to be with the smaller despite the petite supposed to be with Kyuhyun.

On the day the news of Ryeowook flew to Paris broke down has shattered all his hope into pieces as he thought the said male finally has leaved him but, it sprouted into a deeper relief when he realized the lanky male is nowhere near the smaller male.

Henry dared to called what he felt towards the elder is love, as the warmth that brewing his whole being every time he video-chatting with the talented designer made every fiber within him burning in fire. They remained connected with each other for three years and things started to unravel slowly from there when the sudden question from Ryeowook thrown Henry out from the window. 

"Why my opinion matters to you? Surely, everyone else told you the same thing, right?"

If not for the persistent request the younger kept making Ryeowook had to answer, Henry could brush it off like it was the daily basis opinion-related matter he always asked from the elder boy.

"...I just want to make sure I'd make the right decision,or me." Henry nervously laughed. "Yeah, just making sure."

In actuality, Henry has sought after the other guys' advises regarding his plan in becoming an artist. But he adamantly, wanted to listen to Ryeowook the most. The fact that Zhoumi also told him the very same tip and advice as Ryeowook's, didn't cross the younger mind as he was too eager not to compare that those wise words are exactly the same.

"If this is what you want and truly love to do, then go ahead. Nothing shouldn't be in your way, because you've decide to do this. You are smart, Henry. I know you have analysed all the consequences before you bring this matter up to everyone else. You have made uo your mind long ago. If I told you, 'you can't', I know you're not going to listen to me, In the end, the choice is in your hands, not me, not even everyone else. So, I wish all the best to you."

Just like that, Henry pursued the audition talent that happened to be the day after that, which happened to be the last day, without any hesitation. Although, the others are shocked at Henry's sudden change of mind; they couldn't stop speculating this with the certain male.

And when Ryeowook heard this from someone who is reliable enough not to make both parties argue with each other, the elder called Henry. Somehow, the strained tension that Henry felt, alleviated when he didn't have to converse with the other male on the screen, only audio would do, judging how he dreaded the reaction came from the elder male.

 

"Do you like me, Henry?"

"...Well you're kind, caring and nice. Everyone likes you, so do I."

"I think you know what I meant."

Silence crept between the two males. Henry didn't really want to admit this but it was insanely impossible when the elder male was too obstinate to his liking.

"Henry, pl ---"

"I love you." Out of voluntary, the words flew off. "I love you all along and I'm going to keep it that way."

"I'm sorry." Ryeowook's voice came out soft, with an underlaying sad tone inside it. "I don't know what I should do to make this isn't the way it is. I..."

"I know Ryeowook, I know." Balled his hand into a fist, the younger kept his emotion in check before speaking again, without giving away how tough the situation was going to be, especially on his part. "I didn't expect you to actually acknowledge my feeling. However, I do want to hope that whatever you'd hear from me doesn't going to make you avoid me. I want to stay as your friend."



Upon landing at Incheon International Airport, the singer greets with the sight of Zhoumi the taller designer. Using the backdoor, they exit the airport safe and sound from the uproar fans at the front entrance. Though it is very nice to meet the fans but right now, Henry doesn't want to stop indulging himself on rather someone on his mind.

Zhoumi, on the other hand feels terribly irritated at young singer who doesn't pays attention to him. After convincing the manager that he will send Henry home, Zhoumi drive both of them away from the airport. But the incessant chain of thoughts concerning the young singer on the passenger seat boils his body warm.

Full of venom, the taller spits out, "Stop daydreaming."

"Huh?" Looking over to right, the singer blinks in confusion.

Ignoring the younger presence, Zhoumi fixated his eyes on the road as his hands tighten on the steering wheel. Stepping on the gas pedal, the taller male speeds on the road before abruptly swerving to the left side of the road and stops the car, jerking the younger forward. Staring intently at the young singer who too shocked at the high momentum backs away from the dashboard before meeting the other gaze, Zhoumi feels that his body is growing incredibly hot and the quizzically gaze the young singer throws at him adds more to the fuel.

"What are ---"

Flinching at the loud, slammed door, Henry follows the taller silhouette walking hastily to the sidewalk, wanting so badly to get lost in the crowd. And conspicuously, the unusually height of the taller makes it easier for the young singer to monitor what the elder is doing albeit he should think about what exactly had happened that causing such a big reaction from the designer.

And nothing really comes to Henry's mind.

Switching the place, Henry then turns off the engine and pulls out the key from the ignition. Stepping out from the car, the younger realizes that the tall designer has built a pattern as he continues striding the long leg along the pavement, over and over again - after reaching the edge point, Zhoumi would turn himself before continue walking until reach the other end before repeating the same act, again.

Breathless, the tall male then plops down on the bench that located at the end of the pavement. Somewhat relieved that he doesn't lash out towards the younger, Zhoumi can't help to feel a little disappointed. Palming his face in his both hands, he counts to hundred in fast motions, only to be pause in the middle of '85, 86, 87...'

"I'm sorry."

Resuming the previous action, the taller finishes off the counting before raising his head slightly, eyes are squinting at the strong rays. Catching the glimpse of the car key on the right palm that the younger prods in front of him, Zhoumi snatches the key - hopefully not so harsh - before grabbing the younger wrist so that, Henry will sit beside him.

"What are you sorry for?" Eyes focusing on the car key, Zhoumi mumbles.

Watching the taller male places his head on his shoulder, Henry averts his eyes to the particular man in mid-thirty running on the pavement with his briefcase on the chest, heedlessly moving forward while occasionally glancing at the watch in the wrist.

"I wasn't daydreaming. I'm just...reminiscing."

"What are you reminiscing about?"

Eyes still lingering randomly on the crowd, the young singer absentmindedly speaks. "The day I went to the audition talent and how my life has soared up high till now, thanks to you guys."

"That's it?" Zhoumi blurts out unintentionally. He isn't supposed to say that.

Lifting his head from the comfortable shoulder, the taller can see Henry widens his eyes, confounded with the accused tone of the taller. Sighing, the designer rests his both hands behind his back, supporting his upper body before looking up to the sky. "It should go beyond that. You are reminiscing about someone. Someone I have a full knowledge about. It's Ryeowook, right?" Facing the younger, the tall designer stares. "You should stop doing that, though. You're bound to get hurt and I hate that."

Leaving the younger speechless, Zhoumi doesn't give enough room for the young singer to react as he pulls the young male by wrist before driving to the supposed destination - Henry's apartment. Once Henry out from the car, the taller immediately leaves, again without saying anything. His mixed emotion is getting out of control and he doesn't know what he should do about it.

Zhoumi blames Sungmin for introducing the young singer to him. He wants to blame the elder in unsatisfactory for if he never met Henry then he certain that he shouldn't have falling for the younger male and he wouldn't get haunted by the certain male's name every time. But, he knows he can't despise Sungmin forever, because the meeting that the latter has set up in Paris years ago; create an advantage for him. The talented male Ryeowook is the driving force that makes their clothes line getting more attention now.

The fact that the young designer also the one who gets caught in the pretty winded storm makes Zhoumi sure that hating on Ryeowook will not going to free Henry's mind from keep floating towards Ryeowook. Though, he doesn't know neither how to stop the young singer anymore nor he has the confidence on how to end the stupid miserable everyone has. Somehow, just somehow, he feels tired and as imbecile he often called himself as, he precisely kens that he has always follows the young singer blindly all this time. He should actually loathe the young singer but no, he can't because then he tends to forget the solemn promise regarding the certain singer when morning comes.

 

 

p/s: The first alphabet letter in the chapter title represents character point of view. Which is in this case, its' Henry. So, I'm doing a favor to my readers that if you feel like skipping the character point of view, feel free to do so. Thanks for waiting, and reading this. :)