First Meeting

Be Extant, Stay Around

 

 

 

"  If I could get over you, I would

Missing you is like fighting a war  "

 

 

       Ryeowook's suspicions towards Siwon went threefold higher than last night as he noticed Siwon has dress up very nicely that the outfit didn't quite fit for whatever activity he will be having with his daughter later - too formal, except no suit.

       Ryeowook ignored the fact that Siwon always look nice and warm no matter what clothes you thrown him into.

       "Where are you taking my daughter to?" Ryeowook inquired as he descended down the stairs from his daughter's room on the second floor.

       "Nothing in particular. It's a weekend, anyway. Any interesting place is available," Siwon smiled politely at Ryeowook, noticed the frown on the latter's face. "Why? Wanna join us?"

       "Nah. I have some project I need to attend to or someone will make a fuss about it," Sighing heavily, Ryeowook gestured Siwon to come over to the kitchen.

       Siwon sat on one of many kitchen stools at the counter and he reminded Ryeowook that he can take Ryeohyun out for breakfast.

       "Don't bother to cook for us. Are you going to the work or staying in your hut?" Siwon bluntly said, ignored the hurt expression on his friend.

       "It's not a hut! There's hardly any wood on it," Ryeowook pouted.

       Smiling when he saw his daughter from the corner of his eyes, he hugged her tightly while cutely whining to her ears about the occurrence. Ryeowook smirked when he saw his daughter dashed towards Siwon.

       "What are you trying to do?" demanded Ryeohyun in a very low tone of her. Siwon can't come up with any excuses; smiled apologetically.

       "I was just joking. Your Daddy should know that I'm joking. I've been doing that for a long time already,"

       "No, I don't know you were joking," Ryeowook faked his pained expression and continued smirked when his daughter glared at Siwon.

       "Fine. I'm sorry, Ryeowook." Siwon managed to get himself out alive then he caught the wicked smile Ryeowook sent to his way.

       I should have known better - I shouldn't play with fire - Siwon mentally noted this.

       "It's okay. You're forgiven," Ryeowook smiled sweetly at his small victory.

       Ryeowook gathered all his daughter's belonging when both Siwon and Ryeohyun were still in kitchen. "Alright, let's go. Ryeohyun, thanks for sticking up for me," Ryeowook gave his right thumb-up to his daughter.

       Ryeohyun responded cutely to her Daddy Ryeowook while her other hand gently squeezed Siwon's hand - letting Siwon knows that she didn't mean to attack Siwon like that in the first place.

       A smile came across Siwon's handsome feature, nodded that he understood the ploy perfectly.

       Ryeohyun doesn't like to see Ryeowook in such a sad face. Ryeohyun hated the fact that she can't do anything to make Ryeowook happy. The pained expression on Ryeowook inflicts a scar on her heart.

       Everyone who has known them has learned this fact by heart. Ryeohyun cares for Ryeowook as much as Ryeowook cares for his dearly daughter, Ryeohyun, by tenfold or even million fold - who knows?

       "Take a good care of yourself, my love. Drive carefully Siwon-hyung. I'm sorry for what happened but I don't regret it, just so you know," Ryeowook chuckled.

       "Call me if you need me, sweetheart," Ryeowook pulled Ryeohyun for a hug before Siwon drove his car; leaving Ryeowook who walked to his penthouse to finish the task he mentioned earlier.
 


       Ryeohyun, on the passenger seats, stared intently at Siwon - waiting for the answer she needed. Instead of answering, Siwon made a stop in front of Chinese restaurant; it's Ryeohyun's favourite place.

       They ate breakfast mildly when Ryeohyun noticed the heavy expression on Siwon. So, she told him a story about herself while living in Paris. She even told some joke.
 
       Teacher: "Why are you late, Joseph?"
       Joseph: "Because of a sign down the road."
       Teacher: "What do a sign have to do with you being late?"
       Joseph: "The sign said, 'School Ahead, Go Slow!'"


       Abruptly, the laughter echoed in the cozy restaurant, catching other customers and waiters' attention.

       "Siwon-Appa, please tone down your voice. People are staring," Ryeohyun apologized to them for causing such a ruckus early in the morning.

       After getting himself calm down, they began eating while chatting happily on some random topics.

       "Ryeohyun,"

       "Hmm,"

       "I can't tell you anything right now. I can only tell you that we will be going to the airport at 10 AM which is an hour to go. So, what should we do to kill the time?"

       With a serious expression tainted on Siwon's face, Ryeohyun knew that this is something that she doesn't ready to know yet.

       "Let's heading to a park, the one with the fountain near Daddy's workplace,"
 
 

       They both strolled the park with the noticeable silence - neither Ryeohyun nor Siwon seem to be bother by it. Thoughts were jumbling everywhere in their mind, yet they seem can't voice out them out loud.

       Ryeohyun then took an initiative by sitting on the bench near them after she had become lost - physically and emotionally.

       "Are you going to be with me throughout the day or what?"

       "No, I'm not going to be throughout the day with you. Think you can handle that little kid?"

       "I'm not a kid! Yes, of course I can handle that," Ryeohyun confidently exclaimed. However her voices turn to a whisper all of sudden, "Daddy doesn't know about this, right?"

       "Yes," Siwon barely whispered.
 
 
 
.............
 
 


       The ride to Kyuhyun's apartment was very dreadful according to Ryeohyun. They barely talks as Kyuhyun stares blankly to the window - stares at the building outside; wondering which one have been constructed within the 8-year span he is not in Seoul.

       Ryeohyun mentally thanks the driver for turning the radio on with some decent songs playing on air. She then gently tries to take the cell phone off, which is loosely on Kyuhyun's right hand.

       She touches Kyuhyun's shoulder lightly - asking for the password while pointing at the small device without uttering any words.

       The startled Kyuhyun quickly mask his face into an assuring one, smiling a little to the girl and unlocking the devices all together.

       "Your smile is beautiful. You should smile often,"

       The facade crumbles down hearing the word uttered by the little girl - showing her the shocked expression of his. Somehow, Kyuhyun manages to recover.

       "Your smile is beautiful too. But I think people already told you that," Kyuhyun chuckled inwardly.

       "You're genius! Yes, everyone kept telling me that but I do think Daddy's is far more beautiful than mine,"

       Before Kyuhyun could react to the sentence, the cab pull to a stop. He realizes that they have reached his apartment building.

       Thanking and paying the driver, Kyuhyun carefully carries his bag. Ryeohyun a little ahead of him has already hit the elevator button; waiting excitedly for the arriving of the elevator. Kyuhyun smiles warmly to her when their eyes meet.

       After putting aside all his belonging, Kyuhyun feels he is being drag again. Tired from the previous activity, Kyuhyun just let the girl leads him.

       He believes the little girl can manage this all by herself. The previous action of hers has proven that she is capable in handling that.

       "Let's have some meal. Want do you want to eat; Chinese cuisines or Japanese cuisines?"

       Suddenly, it hits Ryeohyun hard that of course the meals of Korean cuisines are far more intriguing for people who has left his own country for a long time.

       "You want to eat Korean cuisines, don't you?" Kyuhyun grins sheepishly at the little girl and he surprises that this little girl has a common sense despite her age.

       Finishing the meal in a matter of second as they converse freely and comfortably; not realizing they have eaten all the food on the table.

       "I know you know my name. Care to tell me what is yours?" Kyuhyun asks.

       "You should introduce yourself first. It doesn't matter I know your name or not. If you want my name, introduce yourself," Ryeohyun states in her childish act.

       "Very well, then. Young lady, it's nice to meet you. My name is Cho Kyuhyun. May I know yours?"

       "Of course you can, handsome gentleman. My name is Ryeohyun, Cho Ryeohyun. My name is kind of pretty, isn't it?" Ryeohyun lifts her right brow. Kyuhyun laughs when he hears the word handsome gentleman.

       "Thanks for the compliment. Yes you have a very pretty name, Ryeohyun,"

       "I know," Ryeohyun smirks.

       "I'm guessing that you are in an elementary school, am I right?"

       Ryeohyun nodding, "10 marks for you, Kyuhyun. I am in my 2nd grade. I've been schooling 2 years in Paris. I start schooling in Korea just this year, though."

       Surprised by the mention of his name, he nearly chokes himself to death. Frantically, Ryeohyun hurries over him and she gently the back of Kyuhyun - try to ease the latter.

       She gives him water when the coughing fit has turn down a little. Kyuhyun feels really grateful for the act, taking the water instantly - gulping in one shot. Ryeohyun stays by Kyuhyun's side until she really sure that Kyuhyun will be fine on his own again.

       They soon out from the restaurant and Kyuhyun lets Ryeohyun leads him again. They walk in silence - side by side, fingers slightly intertwine. They reach a park and again the silence establishes yet both do not dare to converse.

       They continue walking until Ryeohyun pulls him onto the grass under a shady tree. She then lies herself down and instructs Kyuhyun to do the same with her hands tapping lightly on the grass beside her, "Lie down."

       Kyuhyun obeys her - lying on his back against the green grass. He feels at ease; he slowly closes his eyes and listens to the sounds of bird chirping and the gentle rustle of spring breeze, that will change as soon the summer takes place.

       "I miss you... Papa," Ryeohyun whispers softly to his ears. " I can call you that, can I?"

       "Yes... you can," Kyuhyun murmurs quietly that only Ryeohyun can hear it. His eyes still shut as the sudden confession make his mind overwhelming once again. He wants to cry, badly.

       Therefore, he lets himself cry buckets as his right hand clenches tightly on the fabric where his heart lies.

       Ryeohyun watches the outburst of Kyuhyun and unable to stop herself from crying. She hugs Kyuhyun once again and she pecks lightly on Kyuhyun's lips.

       Ryeohyun feels her heart is aching badly - it hurts her even more. She reaches for Kyuhyun's hand and clasping their hands together as if those acts will lessen the pain Kyuhyun is currently feeling.



       Kyuhyun doesn't even notice when he fall asleep. He tries to move his body only to meet with some restraints. He then remembers he is at a park. Slowly, he pulls his right hand from the intertwining of his hands and both his daughter's hands.

       He traces his own face with his right finger - he smiles wryly as the dry tears evident on his face. Turning his head slightly to the left, he watches the little girl, his daughter - he loves that Ryeohyun is his daughter now.

       Ryeohyun is using his left arm as her pillow and both her arm are on his left chest.

       He leans closer to Ryeohyun - capturing and absorbing the features of her. He trails his finger slightly on his daughter's face.

       She has his eyes and she has Ryeowook's dazzling smile. She has his intelligence and she has Ryeowook's mesmerizing beauty. She's pretty.

       Kyuhyun can't help to imagine if the figure beside him right now is Ryeowook - how that would be, he wonders; unconsciously he grins. Kyuhyun immediately shuts the thoughts of Ryeowook before he breaks down again.

       He gently frees himself from Ryeohyun as his right hand fishes his cell phone out from his front jeans. Searching for Siwon's name in his contact list, he presses the dial icon after finding the said male's name. After the third ringing, Siwon's voice comes out from the receiving end.

       "What am I supposed to do?" Kyuhyun immediately questions.

       Siwon who is not quite in a right mind ask, "What? How do I know? Who are you, anyway?"

       Sensing that Siwon has just woken up due to the thick voice of his, he can't help to feel irritated, "Stop dreaming, sleepy head! What am I supposed to do right now? Answer me!"

       Shocked to hear Kyuhyun's voice, he blinks away his sleepiness and he finds indeed the caller is Cho Kyuhyun.

       "What do you mean 'what am I supposed to do now?' Just do want you want to do. I already told Ryeowook that I'm taking Ryeohyun out and I return her tomorrow. So, take your time. Enjoy yourself... while you still can," Siwon whispers the last part and Kyuhyun hears him clearly.

       "Thanks for everything. Are you ditches Ryeohyun or something? Ryeowook doesn't know anything, right?"

       "No, I'm not ditches her for someone. Yes, Ryeowook doesn't know this. So, you should keep you lips sealed and you're welcome. It's my pleasure,"

       "I didn't say you ditch her for someone," Siwon swears he can see Kyuhyun's smirk over the phone.

       "Anyway, Ryeohyun should call Ryeowook, make sure that,"

       "Okay, go continue your activity hyung. Thanks again. Bye," The line dead before Siwon has any chance to protest. "That spoiled brat!" mutters Siwon.
 
 
 
 
 
p/s: I believe that Ryeohyun can be perceptive due to the whole eight-year experience she had with Ryeowook while living in Paris. They don't have anyone else - only the two of them. Everything that's being uttered by her is from her own experiences.
 
On a side note: kid at her age, usually remain ignorant to what happening around them, but the circumstances that she had to face since she is a child doesn't really overlooked things. Though, maybe Ryeowook didn't tell her the full details, I know Ryeohyun just want to play it safe. And if by doing that, would make Ryeowook feel better, why couldn't she do just that? It wouldn't hurt her if she might not know the full story. She still needs to feel that everything is alright, after all. Like I said, that's all they had - the two of them.