Autumn's Reception

Be Extant, Stay Around

 

Meanwhile, people who manage the reception are having a blast despite that the ceremony has not begun yet. It is chaotic as everyone is attending to their respective tasks; making sure everything is in perfectly order. Though, Heechul and Yesung seem like the unaffected one - they are the master behind the plan, after all. Ahra, with the help from Victoria and her girl-friends, decorate the long, rectangular tables with fresh hydrangeas, French lavenders, phloxes and sweet peas of varying heights as the centerpiece, accentuating the elegant and chic ambiance for the reception.

On the other side near the entrance, one is playing mindlessly with the balloons scattering all over, too bored now that he realizes he is the only one who finds inflating the balloons is fun. Just then, from the corner of his eyes, a metallic dark blue mid-size sedan stops up short. The passenger's and the door at the back are open almost instantaneously, and two males step out from the car at the same pace, making it looks like they have rehearse this particular thing for quite some time. It's impossible, though.

Once the last person comes out from the car, who is happen to be the one who is behind the wheel, the trio head to the beautifully crafted entrance, chatting throughout the way. It doesn't take long though.

"Come, take the balloons." Yoochun insists the trio, who just arrived shortly, effectively halting the steps and shutting the conversation down. Blinking in utter confusion, Jinki stares at the rather stranger male. And it is fortunate that a bubbly, adorable male comes to a rescue.

"That's not very nice to ask the guests do random things, you idiot." Junsu smiles warmly at red-headed teen that stands near Kangta, for the boy has the most surprised look on his face.

Persistent, Yoochun hands the younger male - couple years younger than him, he takes the wild guess - the brightly colored balloon, eyes train on the black photographic bag - thanks to his every day's exposure on the set - on the latter's right shoulder. "You are the photographer, isn't it?

Recovering from the momentary daze, Jinki twitches the corners of his mouth upwards, somewhat pleasant yet amused at the same time. Taking the inflatable rubber sacs, the photographer then grabs the teenage boy's hand, before politely bowing to the males and disappearing into the summer house, wanting to meet the other guys, leaving Kangta alone.

Junsu then probes, almost instantly to the elder male, "You're not the guest... Ah, no. Of course, you are one of the guests but...which one of the two you befriend with? Victoria?"

Sensing that the petite male is indeed doubtful about the whole situation; Kangta bites down the laugh, that about to burst out.

"Neither of them," The hospice manager simply replies. "Instead I befriend with him, and his other friends." Gesturing at the blonde guy who is testing the microphone, looking satisfied that the PA system turns out to be in tip-top condition.

Flexing the muscles on the neck, both Yoochun and Junsu turns their head, "Eunhyuk??" Both males exclaim the same name, at the same time, resulting the owner of the name to meet the friendly eyes of Kangta, when he turns on his back.

"Oh! Hi Kangta-hyung!" At the mention of the name, Kibum and Zhoumi who are inspecting along with the exec simultaneously turn their head, too; eyes widening at the sight of the older male.

In return, the manager chuckles lightly at the childish behavior of the guys, waving his hands up in the air while walking towards them, totally leaving behind the dumbfounded duo. Yoochun and Junsu just exchange the look between themselves, before casting the gaze towards the small circle of four, until someone interrupts their again of thoughts.

"You're not going to get the answer by staring at them."

Scoffing, Yoochun promptly continues his work with the balloons, ignoring Yunho, who is watching his friend's reaction with joviality, expecting the said male will draw the exact reaction he has in mind.

Despite how truth the words sound in his ear, Yoochun thinks he will be damned if he admits that. And he despises Yunho for rubbing that in front of his face. Is that really necessary?

Soon, guests are starting to flood into the summer house, each of them with their own unique color, acknowledging the friends of Changmin, who act like they are the one who hosting the party.

Donghae, by now has the biggest smile on his face; somewhat feeling incredibly happy that he is witnessing the gathering, in which he has a little contribution into it. Maybe because this is the first time he is getting involved in one of his acquaintances' occasion directly, be part of the people who make sure everything is going smoothly throughout the event; that he can't help himself to feel slightly glee as he is indeed enjoys every moment he spends at the ceremony.

But then the image of Ryeowook's comes across his mind. Frowns a bit, the composer pulls out the cell phone on his side of his tux, pressing number two in speed-dials.

"Wook, where are you now? ...Ryeowook?"

"Err...hyung; I think we might arrive late, by couple hours. Yeah," Kyuhyun nervously replies, speaking in a hushed tone.

Blinking the confusion away, "O-okay, where's Ryeowook, Kyu?" The composer's voice follows suit.

"...In the car, taking a nap." Opening the car door the lanky doctor steps outside.

"Why? Is something wrong?"

"No, no, everything's fine. Just...the reception has started, right?"

Successfully diverging from the topic, Donghae falls into the trap. "Yes! You should look at those decorations you're sister pulling off, it's beautiful. Man, this is more fun than the wedding. Oh, and you know Kangta has a potential to make it big in the industry. He nails it as the MC. And Kyuhyun, you shouldn't miss this, the karaoke session --"

"-- Hyung! I think I better get going. Thanks for calling."

The line is dead, "Yeah, right. Sorry..." Donghae trails off.

Pressing his back against the car, the lanky briefly closes his eyes, breathing a sigh before flickering open the eyes to the world. Turning his body around, he watches the sleeping male inside the car, timing with his watch on his left wrist - deciding to wait for five more minutes if the petite male doesn't wake up by then.




The sky has darkened, brings out the tiny silver stars, by the time Kyuhyun and Ryeowook arrive. The bright, a cappella serenade is blanketing the audiences from the cold, chilly night, highlighting the melodious harmony of the male's quintet, hypnotizes the guests and everyone alike.



I already know by looking at your face

I already know even if you don't give a long speech

How much you love me

How much you care for me




Taking his time, Ryeowook makes sure he looks presentable enough before he actually walks out from the silver car. His body screaming when he stands up straight, inclining himself against the car for support, he takes in all the indistinct noises around him with his eyes close though the song that is being sung drowns out everything within the range. The moment he flutters his eyes open, he notices the lanky male is bemused with all the excitement at the front-yard. Ryeowook waits for cue, somehow afraid to set the pace towards the summer house, and that when Kyuhyun strides to the entrance, the designer follows behind, seeming terribly uneasy with nothing.

Scanning the yard in a glance, the small male feels like he is lost in a cacophony of vibrant noises, crowded by so many unfamiliar faces despite how famous they are, that he nearly wants to take a step back, when suddenly a warm-touched hand seizes him by the arm, leading him to the buffet table. Though the petite male wants to retaliate, he can't - unfortunately - as the other tightens the grip around the arm, as in trying to convey the message - do it, if you dare.

"Now, for the second song, we invite the ladies." Kangta voice send alarms all over to the small designer. Certainly, he is not the one who gives the passes to him.



The stories in deep silences

You came from the different image, a different world

When you look at me as you extend your long hands

Take me to the place where you are




Eyeing the lanky doctor in front of him, still in the dragging process, Ryeowook concludes that it must be Kyuhyun's act. Drawing his attention to elsewhere, the designer comes across with Jinki, who is at the front, taking photos with his high definition camera. Unconsciously, for the first time since morning, he beams the beautiful smile of his, genuinely pleased at sight of the young photographer.

Upon reaching at the buffet table, Hankyung throws him a hug - a bear hug - that he almost falls on his back, but the sturdy arms around his small frame prevent that. Startled by the unlooked-for attack, Kyuhyun instantly releases the hold, worried written all over his face, seeing the breathless Ryeowook is being squished by the taller chef. Then, Kyuhyun notices that his friends - aka Ryeowook's friends, too; come towards him, or more specifically towards the petite designer, except one. Yesung, unlike the others; pats him on the shoulder affectionately before embracing the taller male, and so thus his two senior doctors.

While Leeteuk updates him regarding the reception, with his cousin and his psychologist commenting every now and then; the lanky doctor walks slowly, indulging the varieties of food being served on the table, grabbing two plates with him. Though, they might speculate on his action, he doesn't care. Ryeowook is too polite to refuse the incoming conversation from all his friends. There has to be someone who should stop them.

Moments later, a female MC's sweet voice blasts out from the speaker, asking for a volunteer for the next song.

Hollering, suggesting names from everyone can be heard.

"Ho Dong-hyung."

"Alex-hyung."

"Henry." Inwardly, the young singer hopes he is not going to be the one up on the stage. Can't it be someone else?

"Yesung-hyung." The lawyer furrows his eyebrows, searching for the one who dares to imply him as the next unofficial singer.

"Kyuhyun." Fast like lightning, the lanky doctor shoots laser at his annoying sister, who in return smirks evilly at him across the table.

Sulli then speaks up, "Okay, let's have a vote. Majority wins."

And it turns out that the hot, trendy singer is on demand, when all the eleven guys - excluding Yesung, Ryeowook, Kyuhyun, and Henry himself - raise their vote for the cheeky singer, not when the ophthalmologist and the lawyer shoots dagger to them if they dare to lift their hands up.

Henry, for the better part, wanted to haul the small designer with him onto the stage, except when out of nowhere Kyuhyun shoves a plate of food in front of the said designer. Because Ryeowook takes time in deciding between the two options, the lanky doctor places the plate on the table near the smaller male, intending to let the designer knows that he's not going to force him to accept the plate - it just serves as a reminder.

Meeting the eyes of Henry, the designer mouths the word, as the smaller male's hand reaches for the plate. Who would deny the power of food, anyway? He is famished for the whole day.

Sorry.

Dejectedly, the singer smiles as warm as he can muster, forcing his facial muscles to form the sincere expression, hiding the broken pieces inside him albeit it is very hard. Ryeowook, however recognizes the fake grin, averting his eyes. Lips are visibly tightened and press into the thin line. He watches Henry walks to the front, before disappearing into the summer house, goes straight to his own room on the second floor. He feels tired when he is the only one that has to understand people. Does anyone ever care for him? Care about his feeling, at all?

Collapsing on his bed, the designer tries to shut his eyes, mind, everything that worn him out. He thinks today is enough, maybe tomorrow he would feel better, hopefully.



The creaking sound of the door and the light on the corridor that spill their way into the dark bedroom stir him up. Groans, Ryeowook pulls another pillows beside him, and stuffs it in front of his face, effectively blocking the bright light.

Withal, the person who comes in has a different idea. Switching on the light, the room brightens - too brilliantly bright for the designer's liking.

"Oh, come on. I want to sleep."

Placing the tray on the nightstand, Ryeohyun crosses her arm. "If I didn't know you better, daddy, I might think you are tired."

"It's the truth. I'm tired...and hungry." Straighten his body up against the headboard, the designer looks over the tray. "Who make this?"

"I can't tell you."

Staring at his daughter blankly, he states. "You look nice. So, are going to stand there, watching me feeding myself?"

The mischievous grin is shown when the little girl of his walks towards him. Taking the bowl of porridge, she sinks into the mattress, before she yelps - whoa! - as her father lifts her up onto his lap, fortunately she has a good grip on the bowl.

"What if the porridge spill?" She whines.

"It isn't."

Locking her hazel eyes with Ryeowook's brown one, she hits her father on the chest. Her turn to smirk victoriously, when she watches her father winces in pain.

"Alright, you are hungry. Let's get this done. Open up."

At the first swallow, the designer can feel the chicken flavor entering his dry throat, warming his whole being.

"Wow, never though Hankyung-hyung could pull off this delicious porridge." Ryeowook then takes over the bowl from his daughter's hand, "Want to try?"

Tilting her head from left to right, she remains silent after that, watching her father eats eagerly. When she is sure that the porridge has gone to half, she corrects him. "It's someone else's."

Quirking his eyebrow, he speaks with his mouth full. "Who is it, then?"

Disgusted, Ryeohyun complains. "Eww, daddy. Don't talk with your mouth full. I'm not going to tell, finish that already."

Swallowing the remaining porridge in his mouth, he continues, sheepishly smile. "Sorry. Should I stop eating?"

"Why? There's nothing wrong in there. Whether I'm telling you now or later, you're going and have to finish this." Taking the half-eaten-porridge bowl back, she spoon-feeds her father. "And I know you; you won't eat this whole thing if I tell you who the chef is, okay?"

Reluctantly, he opens his mouth, swallowing everything up passes his oesophagus. Should he worry? Sighing lightly, she shuts his eyes close. "Hey, don't fall asleep. Just three more, then we're done."

Once the bowl is empty, Ryeowook quickly scrambles out from the bed, sending her daughter out. "Thanks dear for the food. You should enjoy yourself tonight. Goodnight. I love you."

"Wait, didn't you want to... - " The door of the bedroom is shutting before her eyes. Blinking, she huffs in annoyance. Leaving the corridor, she descends the staircase, meeting a tall figure at the end of the steps.

Shoving the tray towards the male, she angrily whines under the breath, in her cute way. "He said it was delicious, and thanks for the food."

"Wait, where are you going?" The male asks, seeing her climbing the stairs again.

No response to that, because she is too annoyed to actually talk about anything. Stopping short in front of Ryeowook's room, she slips herself into the bedroom. Walking slowly towards the laying silhouette, she climbs at the edge of the bed. Sitting there, across the sleeping male, she finally crawls over her father. She knows her father doesn't fall asleep, yet. But, she doesn't say a word as if she is afraid to wake the quiescence that only happens now, fearing that if the trance is broken, nothing could save her father, and her herself.

The little girl could hear her own breathing, loud and clear as she tries to relax herself by lying down on his back next to her father. For quite sometimes, she remains still, pulling the comforter up onto her chest. "The porridge is delicious," Her voice is soft. "I agree on that. It didn't take too long to prepare that though. I'd help, you know."

Facing her father's backside, she plays lightly with the brown lock. "Sleep well, daddy. I love you, too." She kisses the young father on the temple.

It was from him - Papa Kyuhyun.