Unveiling

Be Extant, Stay Around

       Later that night after sending his parents to their house, Kyuhyun drives back to his apartment with his daughter in the passenger seat. The clocks on the car display blue 22:45.

       The moment he steps into his apartment, the lanky male knows he has some explanations to do, judging by the inquisitive look by his senior doctors. The fact that Kyuhyun doesn't yet reveal the truth regarding the designer's interview and the hospital on the screen the other day didn't make it easier either. And the presence of his daughter surely adds in the fuel of curiosity.

       Ryeohyun sits next to his father albeit that Kyuhyun tells her repeatedly that she shouldn't listen to adult's conversation. And as usual, she is too stubborn to listen.

       "I'm sorry for hiding this. It's not that important for you guys to know about it."

       "And why is that? Kyuhyun, you know this is big enough for us. That hospital is your hospital. I mean your family's hospital. The famous hospital people keep talking about. It's even well-known in our medical institution back in Ireland." Leeteuk manages to keep his voice down, with difficulty.

       Kangin, who retains his composure, expresses his thought. "I don't know what I should feel about this whole discovery. We both know we shouldn't get upset about this but we can't help to feel a bit disappointed, you know." Staring at the lanky male in front him dejectedly, his voice gradually turns to a whisper. "It's like you have this side that I - we thought, we actually know you entirely all this time. And I understand there are some things you want to keep it as a secret, but..."

       Kyuhyun let the silence crawls in before he softly claims, "That's because...I don't want you to judge me."

       "Did we look like that? Did we judge you, Kyuhyun?" Baffled, the eldest out of the three, questions the lanky male in disbelief.

       "No."

       "Then, why?"

       Because the lanky male thinks if those 
eight-year secret didn't going to endanger their strong relationship at any moment, he doesn't really want to risk himself, bringing out the truth regarding his status now. It's just, he feels completely safe for once, people who close with him don't know about this one thing. Although this is wrong - he knows that - but it still make him nervous that people will keep going and talking about it, even in secrecy. And he knows that, not all will judge him, but he just wants to play it safe. He can tell that Ryeowook also feels the same way as him, too.

       "I know I'm not going to make it any better no matter what I say. So, care to tell me what you guys expect from me?"

       Leeteuk knows that maybe he and Kangin are overreacted, a lot. And he's not going to blame the younger male for keeping this as a secret, but he feels like the lanky male doesn't trust them fully to let them knows about something this significant. It makes the elder male feels like there will be always something that the lanky male hides from them. He doesn't want them to argue about this the whole night, though.

       "Tell us everything. Everything that you're might possibly hide from us."

       Breathing a deep mouthful of air, Kyuhyun nervously takes a glimpse on his daughter at his side. 

       "Well, like what you'd seen before, the hospital where you guys and I currently working is the branch hospital. My grandfather and Ryeowook's grandfather decide to build it and now that my grandpa has died, Ryeowook's grandpa managed it. I'm not very sure if he hires someone to manage it for him, though."

       Confidently, the lanky male continues. He seems excited.

       "The main hospital is located a little far from the branch; I think you guys already know that. My father and Ryeowook's father team up to supervise the main hospital and they both are in the board of directors. Practically, all our relatives are in the medicine world except several of them like Ryeowook, Jongwoon hyung, who works as a lawyer and my sister who works as an occasional violinist. Even my brother-in-law also works as an anesthesiologist."

       Looking over at the surprised look that coloring his hyungs' face, Kyuhyun chuckles a little before proceed with the story.

       "I don't know why it's famous, though. The branch hospital started to be recognized when we were in high school and we did tell certain people who close to us at that time. So, the nine guys, who you've met before, 
minus Hankyung and Zhoumi, are people who close to us at that time. It is the same time when Ryeowook and I weren't in the best term and we constantly argued with each other a lot. Although, our family treated each other like they are part of the family, we don't act like that until the arranged marriage. And the rest is history."


       Facing his daughter, he then takes a hold on the little cute hands.

       "You know little princess, why daddy Ryeowook always go to the hospice?"

       Blinking in confusion, she replies. "Daddy said he likes the place where he can freely enjoy himself while taking care of people. That's not the real reason, isn't it?"

       Amused, the lanky male cuckles at her choice of word, "Why you'd think so?"

       Thinking hard, she grabs Kyuhyun's arm, a little desperate to make the young father believe her. "...Because, daddy always avoid the hospice topic if I ask how he managed to find the beautiful place. Back when we lived in Paris, he loves to do this," She speaks rather fast for a little girl. "And now, daddy looks different whenever we're coming to visit the hospice."

       Nodding his head slightly, he inquires, smile frames his features. "Would you like to know why?"

       Leeteuk, who seems lost with the abrupt change of the topic, stops them. "Whoa...wait, we don't understand what are you guys talking about?"

       Turning to the elder, he continues. "There is this hospice where I get introduced by Ryeohyun, around a month ago, I think, and it is the place where Ryeowook loves to come whether it is weekend or weekdays. My grandfather founded it four years ago and he decided to give it to Ryeowook before he died. I think I know why but, it's for the best if Ryeowook tells us more about it."

       Not releasing the small hand, Kyuhyun thoughtfully adds.

       "Ryeohyun sweetie, I know this is might be hard on you, hearing this from me, but knowing Ryeowook, I think he doesn't ready to tell you about it. And please, don't let any information regarding the hospice to anyone especially to our friends; because they don't have any vague ideas about the hospice although they have been there couple of times before."

 

........

 

 


       Feels completely useless for a moment, Ryeowook wanders around the garden - looking back and forth at the roses and the dry blood-smeared green grass. Sitting on the wooden seat, he leans his head at the table, breathing an audible sigh. The designer, who closes him eyes momentarily, stares dumbfounded-ly at the sudden appearance of bowl in front of him. Not bothering to see who might try the luck this time, he plainly claims, "I'm not hungry."

       "I know you are." Still minding the distance between them - because the smaller male really appreciates the distance - Kyuhyun sits at the four-post gazebo.

       Raising his head slowly, the smaller listens to Kyuhyun while eyes training on the bowl. "Ryeowook, I know perfectly that you don't want to be a burden to everyone but that doesn't mean you can starve yourself to death." Softly speaking, the lanky male gazes at the smaller frame, "You said you were born with it, shouldn't you get used to it?"

       While all those words that the lanky says are true, the underlying fact that Ryeowook always concerns about everyone else's first will constantly nagging at the back of his mind.

       "But, I understand old habits die hard. Just for once in a while, could you please don't be too hard on yourself. It pains everyone and the one who loved you the most."

       Pondering, the slender male then murmurs, "I still can't feel my left hand. But I guess I can use my right hand."

       "It's going to be hard on you."

       And true enough, the moment Ryeowook holds the spoon with his bandaged, right hand, the spoon clanks onto the floor.

       "I'll wash it." A warning for the smaller, that the doctor will come near him as in that the designer won't be too startled, again, to cause any unnecessary accidents.

       Picking up the spoon, Kyuhyun washes it under the faucet. Still holding the spoon, he conveys, "I can call someone else to feed you. Who'd you want it to be?"

       Although it is a little uncomfortable, Ryeowook has to admit that he doesn't want anyone from his family aside Ryeohyun, see his vulnerable state. He has lived eight years without relying onto his family every time it happens, and he doesn't about to let it happens now, not after so many years he effortlessly tries to deal with it alone. However, the smaller male can't easily acknowledge that he wants the latter help. Sighing heavily, he eyes the taller wearily - try to make the lanky male understands that he doesn't know what to think or do regarding the situation.

       Kyuhyun, on the contrary can't perceive the hidden meaning. He tentatively tries, "How about your grandfather? Or Ryeohyun?"

       And it dawns on the young doctor that after some attempts and continuously racking his brain, he finally comes up with an idea who'd the last person might be. Idiot!

       But then, he gets this feeling that the smaller male is very uneasy with this last person, which happens to be him - after the so-called endearing endeavor he made the other night.

       Blushes a faint shade of pink, Ryeowook averts his eyes once the lanky male starts to realize this.

       "So, what now? Obviously, you are uncomfortable with me." Sitting across Ryeowook, the lanky male plays mindlessly with the spoon on the hand, before saying tentatively, "You want me to apologize for kissing you the other day? I can't." True, the lanky male doesn't regret it, even a bit.

       "I didn't ask you to." Ryeowook switches the language immediately.

       A bit strange with the sudden change, this is the second time, the lanky male inquires, "What's with the English words?"

       Everyone who resides in the house currently, understands the West Germanic language because they were all enrolled in the English academy when they were in high school thus, leaving Kyuhyun a little bit flustered, not knowing the motives.

       Meanwhile, the other side of the house has different perspective. Hearing the kissing word from Kyuhyun, all the Kim residents which includes the Cho, with a minus of the grandfather and the young kids, they all practically squeal with delight. Only Mr. Kim, Mr. Cho and Ahra's husband didn't go to such extend.

       Of course, Ryeowook knows all of them always prying into his love line, especially with the certain lanky male. And the doctor doesn't realize this, not yet.

       Shrugging, the petite male brushes the word off. "Just, wait a little bit. It might disappear anytime now." Well, Ryeowook doesn't exactly sure when the numbness is going to cease but he doesn't want to run into the meddlers inside the house.

       The smaller male can't figure out why he says the next word to the lanky male, but he concludes that, it's the only solution he can think of, as to not make the unnerved air around them more awkward. How the smaller male wishes the gawky situation never exist in the first place.

       Reluctantly, the lanky male eyes the smaller wearily. Is this for real? 

       Nevertheless, the young doctor does what he has been told, while secretly wishing the smaller can see his undying love for the latter never dies.

       "Sing for me."

 

 

A/N: The font is changing again, but please forgive the mistake okay. :) And I hope you guys understand how the last part is the extension to what has happened at Kim's resident. I love to do this kind of thing, actually. And I'm sorry that Kyuhyun didn't get to do the 'feeding'-thing. I'm the party pooper, everyone.