Standpoint

Be Extant, Stay Around

Honestly, I'm not going to discontinue the story. I just need to catch up with their life first before moving on and creating a solution for the lives. I'm sorry if you feel like I'm quitting, but I'm not. Their life continuation is going to be in another chapter series, that's why I need to put a full stop in this Be Extant, Stay Around story plot. It's like a phase, where the first installation is how these characters are revolving around one another, and the next will be focusing more on the main characters.

Therefore, I hope this standpoint would make things better for all of you. It's kind of look like a summary, but the word isn't befitting the situation I've been trying to tell you and its short (that's all I can come up within the last few days). Anyway, enjoy reading :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

       It was part of the deal, actually. How would you think Ryeowook could stand the arrogance ill-mannered Kyuhyun? All the brat could ever care about was the inheritance, nothing more. As much as he wanted to call off the wedding, he couldn't. And he wouldn't, for the sake of his parents. 

       "If it makes you guys happy, then it's fine by me." He told his grandfather once the old man asked him in front of the family members, whether he was actually okay with the arrangement.

       He was swept away fast by life after that when he needed to come to one of the famous hospital of Cho's. Wandering through the million halls, he tried to stall time before joining the discussion behind one of the slightly ajar door. He sometimes questioned why all the elders seemed looking forward with the arrangement. He knew both their parents were friends, but it was too absurd for him.

       "Do you think this is going to work, provoked him with the money?" Mr. Cho then continued, "Maybe we should tell him. He would agree with this and none would feel victimized. You know, Kyuhyun would treat the boy poorly."

       Ryeowook's hand however, stopped in mid-air as he was calculating the next move as silence reigned supreme in the room.

       "I like Ryeowook. I know this is cruel, but he was the only one Kyuhyun needed. In my old age now, this is what I'm sure about. Who knew this is going to be my last wish?" The coughing was reverberated within the enclosed four-wall, and it was loud. Retreating, he joined them after half an hour later, smiling brightly though he apologetically sorry for being late. The conversation had made him thinking for three days straight before coming up with the contract. 

 

---



       Fast-forwarding, Ryeowook was thrown into a huge house few weeks after the wedding. It was so scary; he thought the spacious white walls that staring back at him was haunting every second of his life. He though wasn't sure why he told his best friend, Donghae about the marriage arrangement when he clearly knew secrecy would make things much better on his part. "I'm married to Kyuhyun." 

       "Whatever," The fact that Donghae hated Kyuhyun gazillion more than half of the student population in school told him that.

       By the end of the third month, Ryeowook knew Kyuhyun was dating someone. He didn't know her name, wasn't intend to. As long as Kyuhyun would stick with the contract, then it was all fine. So both of them continued living like that, in content until this mysterious girl Minyoung who admitted Kyuhyun was hers came storming into his class with a bold red-ink note: MEET ME AT THE BACKYARD IN TEN.

       "I don't know why you agreed with this stupid marriage, but please do not ever cross the line." She spoke with so much acidity in her. The contempt look on her face vocalized the resentment she felt. And Ryeowook ignored her though her voice was ghosting all over his skin as she gone fast like the wind, leaving him alone. Other time, he wondered did agreeing with the arrangement was the worse decision he'd ever make. He even doubted his sincere intention of helping grandpa Cho when the girl cornered him on one of many staircases at school in two weeks short span.

       Annoyed, he sneered. "Look, couldn't you be more patient? It's a virtue." Really, if she waited three more months, all the faked marital status would be gone in a blink of an eye. But, yeah she was raging like the wild boar - couldn't think of herself to calm down - when he left her almost like he never encountered her in the first place, overlooking the steam coming off her head. Next moment he knew he was putting so much pressure on his right hand while sprawling on the corridor, horrible pain shooting all over his body. He could feel the sticky liquid ran down his temple before the darkness closing on him.

       Waking up to the unfamiliar white light, his eyes met the sight of someone sleeping on the couch across the room. He watched the gentle rise and fall of the other chest from distance before tearing his eyes onto his bandaged right arm. Then, he fell back to sleep as the medication wearing off on him. What came up the next morning he awakened rendering him speechless. 

       "I'm sorry," Kyuhyun didn't make eye-contact with him instead focusing on the unimaginative floor tile pattern.

 

---



       It took longer for the wound to heal; therefore when June came by Ryeowook still needed the sling to support the fractured bone. The first week of the month, Kyuhyun surprised him with skinship-subtleties as the younger male held him close around the waist and brought him to the other side of the school. The ever famous Kyuhyun adamantly stated, "Let's meet my friend."

       Blinking in confusion, Ryeowook could only stare at the younger. The other features outlined a gentle smile while the grip on his hand was steady; he could feel the warm feeling pooling around his stomach and the rushing of blood in his veins. Remained silent, he let Kyuhyun did all the talking. "Meet my husband, Ryeowook."

       He blocked the next string of words coming from Kyuhyun as he scanning the students that befriended with the younger and his eyes stopped dead on the effeminate boy - he thought he saw him before. "Nice meeting all of you," He learnt their names were Eunhyuk, Siwon, Henry, Kibum, Heechul and Shindong.

 

---



       Life had its own turning point yet it never ceased to amaze Ryeowook when his life took a turn in that event. He wasn't sure how Kyuhyun knew about his birthday on 21st June, but the surprised birthday party celebration held by the younger was one of the best night he'd ever had ever since the arrangement. Donghae came, so was Sungmin - the one friend of his that studied abroad in New Zealand. Even Kyuhyun's cousin, Yesung was invited.

       "I wish I could have met Ryeowook before he meets you, Kyu." Henry joked. 

       Ryeowook turned pink at that. And the sudden revelation occurred to him - Kyuhyun friends were in the dark as much as Ryeowook left Donghae in the same vagueness. No one but he and Kyuhyun knew the reality why the marriage happened. No one knew the whole thing could have been a ploy.

       That night, once Kyuhyun shoved all the guests out from the house, the lanky prevented him from doing anything as he gathering the scattering snacks on the living room, wiping the dining table clean and moping the floor. Surprisingly, out of the sudden, Kyuhyun stood next to Ryeowook.

       "Let's clean ourselves," Kyuhyun climbed the staircase ahead, and he followed suit.

       However, he couldn't be more puzzled that day when Kyuhyun came reaching for him after he stepping out from the shower. "Come here." Ever since the incident, Ryeowook would always need to ask for Kyuhyun's assistance so at some point, he got rid of the embarrassment that eating him alive every time he bared his upper abdomen. The fact that the lanky offered himself to help was unpredictable.

       Though he waited for Kyuhyun to start dressing him with a nice garment, he couldn't help himself stare at the lanky when Kyuhyun watched him with so much...warmth? He could practically hear his chest was hammering loud each second passed by. Then, Kyuhyun leaned closer to him and brushed his nose with him. Savoring the moment, slowly Kyuhyun closed the gap as he brushed over his lips, tasting the smooth flesh. The lanky put a little pressure onto the kiss as the gentle circles around the small back of his was driving him crazy.

       "Kyu-hyun," he whimpered, trembling delicate hand on the broad chest. The new sensation set his body in fire and clouded his rational mind.

       Kyuhyun hummed in return, "Hmm," He ought to protest when suddenly Kyuhyun squeezed his side and deepening the kiss. His thoughts were all flew out of the window as he felt his back grazing the neat bedsheet. He was in euphoria when Kyuhyun explored every bit of him. The words that Kyuhyun said throughout the session was convincing and there was no telling Kyuhyun wouldn't remember this in the morning. Thus, he enjoyed every touch of Kyuhyun, every endearing words Kyuhyun whispered to his ear and every endearment he received as Kyuhyun throwing them onto his skin.

 

---



       Fresh morning was supposed to be a new beginning for him, but the overwhelmed emotions within himself were embroiling he thought he could suffocate him to death. Thus, when he overheard the girl's name from Kyuhyun's his brain shut upon himself. He wasn't in the mood for clarification when he knew standing, hearing the conversation till it finished wasn't an option as he realized he was crying in his bloody pool of tears. Probably, Kyuhyun was just going to break with her, or - he couldn't think more of the reason why she and Kyuhyun would be having a conversation inside his house.

       He knew this was wrong. He knew everything from here on was so wrong on so many levels. He just knew.

       He fled to France, after consulting with his parents, believing that he could start his life anew there. He needed to move on just for his own sake. So that, the next time he met Kyuhyun, he could tell the other he was in love with him just because he was him. But then, he cried bucket as the plane boarding, the gnawing remorse engulfing him. He hoped Kyuhyun would resent him for being difficult.