Chapter 9

That Winter Snowflake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cascading fluffy pillows of clouds floated in the sky. Leafless trees laden with heavy snow, dance to the bleak and chilly breeze of the wintry afternoon. The pavement we are now standing in is wet with slightly melted snow. As weird as it sounds, I suddenly felt the craving for chocolate ice cream in this cold weather.

I yanked his hand grudgingly, releasing my wrist, now red from his grip. “Kidnap you?” said Minho; his voice was edged with amusement.

“Actually, it’s the other way around. I’m the kidnapper and you’re my hostage.” I explained bluntly, not looking at him, while rubbing my red and aching wrist.   

“That’s not—” I gazed at him straight in the eyes which surprisingly, made him stop from talking. I think I saw this scene before in a sidewalk, with me telling him that I’m always serious. I almost forgot that one look can change the way he acts. This is my chance, he’s completely off guard. I thought.

 “Omo. Look at that!” I pointed my finger somewhere just across the road, pretending to see something amazing or horrific. Wow. I should think really consider being an actress. Quickly, I grabbed my handkerchief from my pocket.

Psh. This guy really is gullible. “What? Where?” He instantly took the bait and looked at the place I pointed. Before he even noticed that I was just fooling around, I instantly grabbed his wrists and tied them tightly together using my handkerchief. Almost done. I said to myself. My crimson hair fell over my face as I bent my back trying to his wrists properly and tightly. He averted his gaze toward the place I pointed to him a while ago as soon as he felt his wrists being tied together on his back.

He tried to shrug me off with force but he failed, obviously. “Yah!” Done. I thought and looked at my incredible work of tight knots wrapped around his wrists. “Not possible? Think again.” My lips slowly curled up into a smirk and he looked at me with eyes that can kill me any second if only looks can kill.

Mhhm...Now that I have him tied up, where should I bring him? Where should we go? This is harder than I expected. After a time of thinking, bantering and roaming aimlessly around the town, I ended up bringing him in an ice cream parlour where Jonghyun, Key and I usually eat during their day offs from the company: Cold Stone Creamery. He looked from the ice cream parlour to me, as if wondering what we’re doing here. “You kidnap me and bring me here? An ice cream shop? It’s freezing, don’t you feel it? Do you want to eat ice cream that bad?” Ignoring him, I half-dragged him toward the entrance, tugging the hem of his jacket. The smell of chocolate and vanilla filled my nostrils as we entered the shop and the song Donghae and Eunhyuk’s Still You almost in midsong played through the speakers.

It was half empty, with some couples snuggling together, some having a sweet talk and a couple stood out from the rest—they were each other’s faces. Yuck. Why do they have to do that here? If I’m in a good mood, I would’ve just stared at them with an amused expression while eating my ice cream but I’m currently not in a good mood. Why do couples have to go here? Tch. Anyway, they can’t stop me from having a heavenly Reese’s chocolate ice cream here.

I went to the front counter with Minho still following like an obedient dog behind me. “Two Reese’s chocolate ice cream.” I said lazily, my arm rested on the counter and I looked into the cashier’s eyes as if to say Hurry up and don’t make me wait. “Y—yes Maam.” After handing her the money, I involuntarily looked at Minho standing beside me, looking at the menu pasted on the counter.

He nodded, impressed. “Good choice.” He said, almost in a congratulatory manner. He might have waited for me to say something because after that, we were engulfed by silence once again which he decided to break, surprisingly. He expelled a sigh before talking. “Now that I think about it, you’re being unusually silent, did your tongue freeze or something? Talk, the silence is killing me.”

“Good. That might be just what I wanted.” I said, still with a lazy and bored tone. The cashier slid a tray of two ice creams on a maroon plastic tray and gave me the receipt. Thanks I almost wanted to say but then I noticed that her eyes were completely glued onto Minho who was busy trying to untie the handkerchief around his wrist. If I could have felt more pissed off than I already do, I would have. I coughed derisively at the face of the woman who looks like she’s in her thirties and grabbed the tray from the counter. She noticed me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter