Chapter 12

That Winter Snowflake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Really? Thanks.” Other friend? Mhm. Who might that be? Maybe his girlfriend? Aish. Impossible. I was about to ask the owner of the shop who might that friend be but he was already gone from my sight. I went in front of a door that clearly says STAFF ROOM and was about to enter it when I heard muffled voices. Is that Minho’s voice? I peeked inside the room and I was right. From the looks of it, they were having a very serious conversation. Onew, already in his casual clothes, sat on a chair in front of a blue metal locker and Minho was standing, pacing back and forth like he was nervous or thinking about something deeply.

“Minho, why are you pushing her away like that? You have no idea what happened to her these past few years.”

“That doesn’t change the fact that she’s that girl...I keep trying to avoid her but she just pops out wherever I go.” Minho’s voice was cold. Who’s who? That girl? His girlfriend? Who? Did she break his heart? Whoever that girl is, she surely must be crazy and cruel. I thought to myself while straining my ear to hear them. This is bad. Eavesdropping I mean but well...something made me paralyzed on my spot and listen carefully.

“You’ve known about it right? That it’s the same person. You told me that I would be shocked if I knew.” 

“I...yes. But, there is no reason for you to get angry at her now. She realized her mistake and I forgave her. Maybe it’s time for you to do the same. She’s not a bad person once you get to know her more than used to after all, it was only a month. That’s not enough time to know everything about a person, you know.” Onew said, trying to convince him.

“I can’t. I won’t. I don’t want to. After leaving me just like that? Ha. No way will I ever do that. She knew that she was the only friend that I had and yet she did that.” Leaving? I left him? No way. Is he...? It couldn’t be. I’ve searched everywhere. It’s impossible. “She’s nothing but a traitor.” Minho added, making me cringe. He finally found out, that I was the one who did that to Onew. I never thought that Minho was seriously angry about the person who did that to Onew. I now realized how bad I was back then. But besides that, is he really...?

“You don’t know what she’s been through. It’s not her fault. You were both young! What can a four year old do, huh? Tell me!” He flung his hand in the air, exasperated. Ignoring the possible consequences in what I am about to do, I swung the door open. They faced me, the frustration was still evident on Minho’s face and Onew looked like he was a criminal caught red handed.

“MH? You’re MH?” My mind brought me back to the past. The day we met. In a cold wintry day just like the day we met weeks ago but the only difference is, the place we’ve met years ago was covered in snow where you can build a snow man, have a snow fight or make a snow angel. Choi Minho disappeared from my sight and was replaced by MH—the only friend I used to have back then.

“Min Hee...what are you doing here?” Onew asked but all my attention was focused to Minho MH.

“I- Woah. MH, you’ve changed, big time. Who would’ve thought that you’re real name is Minho? How are you? It’s been a very long time!” I was about to give him a friendly hug but he held his hand up in front of me, making me stop, wiping off the smile on my face.

“Stop it, why are you here?” Minho said coldly, not even looking at me.

“What happened to you? Why the sudden change, huh?”

“I could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter