Chapter 11

That Winter Snowflake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s almost five in the afternoon. We strolled along the streets, eating snacks on the way, chatting like we’ve known each other for a long time and enjoying the cold weather. Who would’ve thought that I’ll find another person who’s similar to me in strange ways after a very long time?

 

“Oh really? You drink cold drinks in winter?” I asked, trying to cover the forming smile on my face.

 

“I know...it’s weird. But, I enjoy it.” He shrugged and placed his hands casually in his pocket.

 

“Actually, I also do! I think we can be best buds in no time.” Wow. I think I just made a new friend! And the best part is, I think we’ll get along just fine.

 

“I think so too!” He exclamed excitedly and we faced each other at the same time with big grins on our faces and high fived.

 

“Noona, how old are you?” He asked, facing the snowy sidewalk ahead of us.

 

“Older than you.” I answered nonchalantly.

 

“But you look younger than me; you should call me oppa instead.” He said and laughed at his own joke.

 

“Yah, punk—” Before I can finish, I felt my hand being tugged by a cloth which is wrapped around my hand causing me to stop from walking. Oh. I almost forgot about his presence.

 

“Jung Min Hee we had a deal! Lee Taemin, you traitor!” Minho was outraged. After all, we’ve been walking for thirty minutes ignoring him. Taemin and I chose to ignore his rants and decided to continue our conversation.

 

“Hey taemin, is that real?” I asked, pointing my finger on his glasses. From the looks of it, I think it’s just for fashion.

 

“What? My glasses? Or that I’m an angel who came down to earth to find a girl like you?” He showed me his devious smirk but replaced it quickly with a fake sweet smile. I looked into his dark eyes, and showed him that I’m not falling for his sweet talks.

 

“Tch. Came down to earth? For all I know, you’re a just a demon in disguise. I saw how you played with that girl, why’d you do that?”

 

“She was getting clingy and too ugly with her makeup; I had to do that to make her go away. Although it was a surprise that she slapped me.” His eyes looked distant, maybe picturing what happened earlier in his head. He shook his head on the bad memory and changed the subject.

 

“Noona, where did you go to school? If you went to SHINee academy, I should’ve seen you there.”

 

“I was homeschooled.” I said; reminiscing on the days I had to study endlessly with no friends to talk to because I was all alone, in a room with someone I don’t know teaching me useless stuff like Math for example. I was pulled back to reality when I felt my hand getting tugged once again. Aish. I pulled the cloth holding us together as hard as I could and walked like nothing happened.

 

“Yah, are you just going to ignore me and drag me like a dog here?” From the tone of his voice, I think he’s going to explode any time now.

 

“You must be rich, noona.” Taemin continued.

 

“What makes you think that?”

 

“Homeschool. Overprotective tycoon father. Caring mother. You’re clothes. The way you walk. But not the way you talk. No offense.” He said, while observing my every move. I laughed at his last sentence. Well, it’s true. I’m not like other kids who act very delicate and so girly which annoys me like the girl I saw earlier in the ice cream shop.

 

“That, I’m not so sure about. It could also mean other things like...” I trailed off. I noticed him get rigid all over and his face drained from all the color like he’s seen a ghost or someone from the past.

 

“. Sorry noona, let’s chat next time. Got to go hyung, good luck.” He glanced at the piece of cloth which is tied around his wrists.

 

“Huh? Why?” I asked curio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter