Chapter 8

That Winter Snowflake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Holy cow.” I mumbled.

It’s Onew. He stood there with his slim figure, his bearing—from that of a man with a great background which contradicted his work clothes which is a brown apron over a simple white polo shirt, black slacks and worn out leather shoes. If you saw him wearing different clothes, you would think that he is a kid whose father is filthy rich just like my brothers. His shocking presence brought me back to my senses and I just stood there, finding the right words to say.

Onew and I both said in perfect sync. “Your brother?” “You’re his friend?” The world really is small. Of all people, why does he have to be Minho’s friend and at the same time be my friend?

Minho continued, still ignoring me. “I wanted to ask you who that person was. The wicked witch you told me about? The one who used to make fun of you being a—you know what.” I blinked. It’s as if someone slapped me hard on the face.

“Wicked witch, huh. Wow. You must’ve hated that person so much, Onew-ssi.” I said, with acid in my voice. If I hadn’t knew Onew and overheard their conversation by accident, I would wonder what Minho meant by saying ‘you know what’. I noticed that he too wasn’t using formalities in talking with Onew. He didn’t call him hyung. Maybe Onew here doesn’t like formalities, seeing that he didn’t want me to call him Oppa. When I think of it, calling him that is kind of weird.

Onew shot me a furtive glance and his lips curled into a sly smile. “Minho, why’d you ask that all of a sudden? You’d be shocked if you knew.”

“Why? She couldn’t that be ugly as you told me, right?” I blinked once again. Now, instead of a slap in the face, I felt like someone poured cold water on me. I can’t believe Onew said that.

Disbelief is clearly evident on my face. “Ugly?” I echoed incredulously.

“What will you do if you find her?” Onew drawled his face still plastered with a sly smile.

Aish. There still ignoring me. “Nothing unless, make her life a living hell is something.” Onew suddenly looked at me, probably thinking on whether he would tell Minho that I was the one who did that to him or not. Uh oh. I wish they continue to ignore me.

“I see. Hey, Min H—”

I interrupted him before he could even call my name and shouted, “Min... Minho! Minho! Oh my god, Minho! Lee Minho!,” drowning his voice with my loud voice which earned me a look from Minho which clearly says what is wrong with you? 

Just as I was about to say something, I heard the three words from the speaker: “I love you” —which made me look at it with disdain. Tch. It played in the wrong timing. Fortunately, Minho didn’t notice it. Putting that aside, I snapped back to my senses and looked at Onew with squinted eyes.

“Oh hi! I didn’t notice you there because of your average looks; you almost disappeared in the crowd. At least you’re not ugly as that person you were talking about...right?” I said, emphasizing the word ugly.

I lifted my left hand instead of my right which I’m still not used to use and still ached a bit. “I’m Jung Min Hee, nice to meet you.”

Puzzled and confused—that’s how he looked at me. “Jung?” It’s almost as if he saw me growing another head. Is there anything wrong with my last name? Oh... maybe because—

I never got to finish my thoughts when Minho suddenly called me names.

“Yah. Crazy woman. What are—” Again with the crazy woman. Doesn’t he get tired?

Onew didn’t let him finish his sentence and asked, “What are you doing?”

“Oh...this? If you try to use your eyes, you can see that my right hand is not available to be used right now.”

“Not that. Why did you introduce yourself? We’ve known each other for about three years now, not counting the year we met of course. That’s a bit—”

“O~kay. Let’s stop right there, shall we? No need to ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter