Prologue

Golden Rule
 
Golden Rule
[Prologue]
By: Sharl




Golden Rule: One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself. 


+


Junsu was walking around the royal garden, slipping between the ancient trees and flowers. The weather was cold at night and so he wrapped his cloak a bit tighter around himself. Wishing for some peace of mind he had come here by himself refusing his twin’s company. As the Second Prince from the Kingdom of Sevaecia, there were only few places in the castle where he could be alone. His father’s words, the King’s, haunted his mind. 

He breathed the refreshing night air and gazed over the horizon, watching the stars illuminated the Kingdom below. The Kingdom of Sevaecia was a small but wealthy kingdom; blessed with plenty natural resources and fertile lands. Its citizen was prosperous and they had lived in peace in the last three centuries.

But with the rumor of darkness spreading once again at the Kingdom of Kuveth, Junsu’s father the King had decreed that an immediate alliance with the Kingdom of Cardonna was needed. It was a logical move for the two kingdoms had to joined forces in order to stand against the Kingdom of Kuveth. And so in two weeks time, Junsu would be married to the First Prince from the Kingdom of Cardonna. 

Gwador, where are you? Junho’s voice, his twin, seeped from their mental bond.

In the garden, do not worry brother, I will be fine. Junsu knew his twin meant well, but right now he wanted to be on his own. The news was upsetting at best, but he had been taught since birth of his royal duties. Although he was hoping it would involve swords and arrows, defending his beloved kingdom instead of living in a place so foreign and far away.

Junsu had heard the royal advisors talked of Cardonna’s first prince. He was younger than Junsu although taller, and was well versed in swords as well as literature. As the first prince he was the heir to the throne and when the late King passed away few years ago, the young prince had to take his place as a new king. Junsu respected that in the young prince. Although he had never met him, he knew that being a King was not an easy task.

The Kingdom of Cardonna was located north and the climate was harsher than Junsu’s kingdom. It occupied huge lands and seas compared to the Kingdom of Sevaecia, but it had little natural resources. However it was located in a strategic point near the sea and so the capital was known as a major trading post. Junsu knew it was not a bad place to live, and rather than feeling disappointed with the arranged marriage he was more concerned of how he would adapted once he was there.

He would be alone, living in a strange kingdom with people he never met before. The only connection he could have to his old life would be his mental bond with Junho but even far speaking with his twin would require plenty of energy. 

Junsu sighed. He knew he had no choice regarding the matter. He would sail to the Kingdom of Cardonna in two weeks time with his brother and some of the advisors that would attend the wedding. After staying for a week, Junho would sail back home while Junsu would stay there for good. This was supposed to be a celebration, something to be rejoiced of. It would be the first time both kingdoms joined politically by marriage but Junsu was not thrilled by the news. 

He could only hope that Shim Changmin, the First Prince from the Kingdom of Cardonna, was a good man.


-End of Prologue-


Glossary

Gwador = brother