Encyclopedia

Golden Rule

Golden Rule Encyclopedia

Names and Characters (in order of appearance):
Junsu: The Second Prince from the Kingdom of Sevaecia. Due to the growing darkness at the Kingdom of Kuveth, he was to be wedded to the King from the Kingdom of Cardonna. As a second Prince, he was given more freedom than his brother and as a result he was more ‘free will’ and careless. 

Junho: The First Prince and heir to the throne from the Kingdom of Sevaecia.

Mirieth: Junsu’s horse. 

Eric: The Head Guard for the Royal Family. He and the rest of the Guards of the Royal Family swore an oath of loyalty not to the Great Kingdom of Cardonna, but to the King and his royal family. As the head guard, he was supposed to accompany the King wherever, except when he was asked to pick up Junsu and Junho from the Kingdom of Sevaecia.

Yunho: The Seneschal of the Kingdom of Cardonna. He was responsible to all securities matters of the Kingdom, including border patrols.

Changmin: The King from the Kingdom of Cardonna. As he had just assumed the throne three summers before, he was considered ‘green’ by most of the advisors and nobles. A young king that had to grow to his role fast, Changmin was accustomed to use his authority and status to give orders.

Yoochun: The Chief Advisor of the Kingdom of Cardonna. He was responsible on daily matters of the Kingdom, basically together with Changmin they made sure everything in the Kingdom ran smoothly. 

Maglor: The Dark Lord from the Kingdom of Kuveth.

Andy: Eric’s second in command who would be Junsu’s personal guard. 

Hyesung: The High Priest, but he didn’t have any influence on the Court whatsoever.

Jaejoong: The Lord from The House of Golden Flower, one among the Five Noble Houses. He was very loyal to The King and to The Throne. He was also very blunt, he said whatever on his mind regardless whom he was speaking to.

Aerwithen: Changmin’s horse.



Kingdoms:
Kingdom of Sevaecia: a small but strategic Kingdom blessed with a lot of natural resources and fertile lands. Although it was not directly bordered with the Kingdom of Kuveth, but they knew they had to make an alliance with the Kingdom of Cardonna to strengthen the kingdom. The Kingdom of Sevaecia provided Kingdom of Cardonna with the necessary resources and in return, they will get paid in gold, diamonds, even mithril so they strengthen their military.

Kingdom of Cardonna: a kingdom with huge territory but cold, harsh winter ruled there for eight months every year. With very little natural resources, the Cardonnans relied heavily on trading to sustain them, mainly with Kingdom of Sevaecia but they also traded with other kingdoms as well. However the Kingdom had many mines, mostly gold, diamonds and other precious metal. They also occupied the only mithril mine in Arda which was called Ereigion. There were five Noble Houses in The Kingdom of Cardonna, all were responsible for their own territory. The nobles answered to The King. 

Kingdom of Kuveth: the biggest kingdom in Arda, and was ruled by a dark lord called Maglor. It was filled with creatures from the dark such as orcs and goblins, but they were defeated during the Last War between the three kingdoms long ago. There was a rumor once again of the growing darkness at the Kingdom of Kuveth, and it was the trigger of Changmin’s and Junsu’s alliance.



Places:

White City:The Capital of the Great Kingdom of Cardonna. It consisted on eight different levels, each level is 100 feet taller than the previous one. Surrounded by white walls made from white stones, there were also inner walls and a smaller gate on each level. On the most top level stood the Castle, where a big courtyard lies in front of it.

Great Gate:The main gate on the first level of the White City. Made from iron and steel and guarded by stone towers and bastions. It was so big and heavy it needed thirty men just to open it. The gate had been breached on the Last War with the Kingdom of Kuveth. It will be breached once again at the Siege of the White City.

Field of Methedras:One of the few fertile farmlands at the Kingdom of Cardonna and home to farmers, hunters and herdsman alike. All roads that led to the White City met here. During the Siege of the White City, this will be where the enemy gathered.

Cair Andros:Fortress at the Eastern Border. Jaejoong stayed here to guard as his House of the Golden Flower was the closest and outermost house.

Final Gate:The main gate of the castle, also the last gate of the White City. It was made from mithril by the most skilled craftsmen in Cardonna. Guards of the castle manned this gate. 

Crystal Cave:One of the passage ways to enter the White City. The knowledge of this cave’s existence was known only from king to king, not even Eric knew its existence. This was how Changmin was able to reach Junsu in time for saving him during the Siege.

Garden of Lorien: The royal garden where Junsu had his bonding ceremony with the King

Hall of the Heavenly Arch:The main hall of the castle in Cardonna. It is generally used as a ballroom of some sort to celebrate festivities, and was also used as the feast after Changmin and Junsu’s bonding ceremony. During the war, the main function of this hall changes as the war council and later as Hall of Healing.

Ered Luin:The only mithril mine found in all of Arda, located at the border between the Kingdom of Cardonna and the Kingdom of Kuveth. As mithril worth more ten times its weight than gold, Ereigion was constantly is fought between the two kingdoms. To ensure the possession of Ereigon, Changmin’s father built an outer fortress to guard it from the Kingdom of Kuveth. At the beginning of the story, Ereigion was occupied by the Kingdom of Cardonna. But later on, Kingdom of Kuveth managed to seize it.

Gondolin: The smaller and outer fortress that guarded Ereigion. It will be the first point of contact with the Kingdom of Kuveth if a war breaks out. It was under the protection of House of the Golden Flower and Lord Jaejoong. 

Great Hall: The dining hall of the castle in the White City. It is generally used for dining, and for folks to gather and enjoy themselves as the Great Hall was always provided with music and laughter and warm fire.


Houses of the Great Kingdom of Cardonna

The House of the King

The House of the Golden Flower
The House of the Harp
The House of the Fountain
The House of the Pillar
The House of the Tree



Elvish Translations
Ada = father
Arda = time/earth
Gwador-nin = my brother
Gwador = brother
Mae govannen =Well met
Saes, ion-nin = Please, my son
Saesa omentien lle = Pleasure meeting you
Valar = gods
Anor= sun
Ithil= moon
Meldir= my friend
Quel Kaima = Rest well
Hanon lle = thank you
Namaaire = Farewell
No galugovad gen = until next we meet
Pen-vuil = dear one
Saes = Please
Noro lim = Run fast
Mellon-nin= my friend
Mani marte = What happened
Havo dad = Sit down




Others
Mithril: The hardest metal in Arda. It resembles silver but is stronger than steel, and much lighter in weight than either. Could only be mined in one mine only, Ereigion and was considered one of the rarest metals, but certainly the most useful. It could be harnessed into weapons, shields, chainmail and even as rings.

The Book of Lost Tales: One of the books Changmin gave Junsu. It contained the History of Arda.

Miruvor: A liquor with the power to grant renewed vigor and strength. Beloved drink of the Cardonnans, it was made from nectars and only high skilled brewers could make this drink.

The Book of Lost Tales:One of the books Changmin gave Junsu. It contained the History of Arda.

Lembas:A bread that was very nutritious, stayed fresh for months when wrapped in leaves, and were used for sustenance on long journeys. Lembas was a yellowish color on the outside and a cream color on the inside. It is often wrapped inside a green leaf to remain fresh.

Council: Served as a legislative power of the Great Kingdom of Cardonna. It consists of twelve people from noble houses. Over time, the Council became a stage for power play between those who support the King and those who does not. Even just one people may tip the power play.

Athelas Plant: A herb that was meant to slow down the poison spread. Junsu would use this plant when Changmin was poisoned.

Lissuin: A herb used to stop the blood flowing from a gaping wound.