Chapter Seventeen

Golden Rule
Golden Rule
Chapter Seventeen
By: Sharl





Junsu sipped on his miruvor in the golden goblet slowly. He had not gotten used to the taste of the heady drink yet, but he had developed better appreciation towards it. The drink itself was quite valuable, as it warmth anyone who drank it. Made from nectar, special skills were needed to brew the drink, a truly beloved drink by all Cardonnans. Back in Sevaecia, he never had miruvor as it was not available there. Perhaps after the war he could bring some for Junho and father.

That is, if Junsu survives the war. Only Valar knows how they will. Sudden thought of the war with the Kingdom of Kuveth brought sadness to Junsu’s heart. He had just begun to live with his husband and love the man, and now would it all be torn very soon? It was not fair.

Sighing, Junsu put down his goblet. His gaze then fell to the food in front of him. It seemed that the hunters had just come back and they brought game with them. The dinner at The Great Hall was marvelous as a result. Roasted meat, boiled eggs, soup, cheese and bread, even apple pie as dessert. Junsu knew he was supposed to be thankful, he knew how hard it was to find fine food here in Cardonna. The Great Kingdom was not blessed with fertile lands like in Sevaecia, and so they depended heavily on the trade. 

He lied if he said that he did not miss Sevaecia. The warm weather, abundance of fruits and vegetables, Junsu smiled sadly as he remembered what strawberries and whipped cream tasted like. It was impossible to get them in Cardonna. He doubted that even his husband, the King, had ever tasted strawberries with whipped cream before. There were so many things he wished he could show to the King, so much happiness and experiences in Sevaecia. Would The Valar allow them a chance to feel it?

A scout from the House of Golden Flower brought another news to the Council Meeting yesterday morning. The Dark Lord’s forces now numbered tens of thousands and his army only grew as days passed. Many would fall under the Dark Lord’s spell, as words are that he promised treasure and wealth when the war was over. Perhaps this was also what he offered to Lord Dongwook and Lord Seunghyun, both dead now.

The news of them committing suicide spread like wildfire across the Kingdom. Junsu had not had a chance to speak to the King, but he doubted if the King was surprised by the news. The more he thought about it, the more convinced he became that it had been the King’s plan all along. Now that the two Lords had committed suicide, the House of Harp would again sworn loyalty to the House of King, as it should be and with all her members included. If the King had beheaded the two Lords, some members from the House of Harp would be dissatisfied.

The King had gone to such great length to unite all Cardonna, and surely it would benefit him in the upcoming war. But would it be enough? Junsu prayed to the Valar that it would. Oh, how he wished with all his heart, that the King would be safe from harm. 

Suddenly few more pieces of bread were on his plate, all had been buttered with honey. “Are you eating enough?” asked the King with a frown as he eyed Junsu’s plate. “You seem troubled melamin, is something wrong?”

Junsu smiled, his heart began to beat faster, as it always did whenever the King called him that. The word was music to his ears. He then reassured his King, “No my lord, nothing is wrong. I am sorry I’m not better company. And I do think that I have been eating enough.”

“I am merely concerned with your welfare. Come, let us drink, you are still not accustomed to our cold weather,” spoke the King as he poured more miruvor to Junsu’s goblet. Junsu watched as the King raise the goblet towards him and with a grateful smile Junsu took it. He was fortunate to have such a kind elf as his husband. Not wanting to worry the King more than he should be, Junsu picked some of the bread and began to eat, even though he was somewhat full.

From the other end of the table, he heard Lord Jaejoong laughed, clear and bright. The Lord from the House of Golden Flower was speaking with the Chief Advisor, Yoochun, and the two clearly had found something interesting as they laughed again and again. The commotion attracted others’ attention, and soon many of the guests joined their merry making. It was a heartening sight, to see that at least some elves were still enjoying themselves despite the danger looming on their lives like a dark, forbidding cloud.

As Junsu ate, he noticed that the King had grown quiet. Why had he stayed behind instead of joining his best friend and the others? He watched his husband whom to his surprise, also watched him in return. “My King?” Junsu asked in confusion.

The King did not reply. He continued to look at Junsu, a different glint in his eyes. Suddenly Junsu understood. He recognized that look. He had seen it before, the first night they were together, and again that one morning before a servant interrupted them.

Desire.

 

-----




The first touch of their lips felt like fire for Changmin. It was different than the usual gentle kiss they shared. This time he felt the need, the lust, the wanting weaved from every single touch. Their hands were roaming, their breaths were melting into one, and as they stumbled onto the bed, their skins were touching.

Changmin tugged on his Consort’s robes, feeling the material loosened and he slid them off the other’s body. White, pale skin appeared, and Changmin felt a familiar feel of wanting began to pool inside him. He wanted to touch. He needed to touch. Junsu’s long, white hair sprawled across the silk sheet and they shone brightly, reflecting the candles and Ithil’s light that shone through. His Consort was indeed the most beautiful elf that ever walked on Arda.

Long fingers touched his cheek and Changmin leaned into them. He placed butterfly kisses on each finger and on his Consort’s palm, whispering, “Amin mella le.

His answering smile was so beautiful. “Mella le beika,” he heard Junsu whispered back. Changmin then leaned down, kissing the other’s neck and nipped at it sometimes. Junsu began to pant underneath him and Changmin felt his own desire fueled hearing them. He wanted to hear them forever, for as long as Valar allowed him to live. The young King then travelled back to his Consort’s lips, and he pushed his own tongue to enter Junsu’s mouth, exploring and tasting him. 

He could hear Junsu moan, but he did not stop as nimble fingers began undoing his own robes. Junsu’s fingers on his skin left a trail of fire, which only aroused Changmin even more. His shaft was hard and he was sure that his Consort’s was too. He pressed their shafts together, remembering what Jaejoong told him that afternoon and began to grind.

His reward was a loud moan from the beautiful elf underneath him. A spark of pleasure slithered in Changmin’s eyes. He could not stop. He wanted more. It was as if his body was not his own, and it had a mind of itself. He continued to move as his eyes closed in pleasure.

“My…my Lord,” he heard Junsu tried to speak. Fingers were on his shoulders, halting his movement, and Changmin stopped with difficulty. He opened his eyes only to see a lustful glint in his Consort’s eyes, a desire which he knew perfectly well.

Nodding, Changmin moved away from the other, eyes raking on that glorious bare skin as he opened a drawer next to their bed. He picked up a vial of oil and spoke. “Lie on your front, my love.” Jaejoong had told him that it would be easier for them to make love this way, rather than with Junsu on his back like they did on the first night together. There was a special spot inside that Changmin needed to find if he wanted to make this as pleasurable for Junsu.

Junsu did not ask questions, merely following what Changmin asked of him. Turning around, he now lied on his front, revealing all his pale, bare skin for the young king to see. Changmin felt his breath hitched seeing his Consort.

Climbing back onto the bed, he kneeled behind his Consort. His fingers started to ghost over Junsu’s thighs, feeling how the other shivered pleasantly. Dipping two of his fingers in the oil, he touched the cleft as his lips placed butterfly kisses on the smooth back, wishing the other to trust him. He saw how Junsu’s own fingers began to clench on the sheets as Changmin’s finger slipped in. The king’s heart clenched at the thought of hurting his beloved. “Does it hurt?”

His Consort shook his head and replied, “It is just, a bit uncomfortable.”

Changmin nodded, knowing that it took time to get used to, even more so since they had not made love for so long. Trying to distract Junsu, he reached around to hold the other’s shaft, feeling how it hardened in his hand and a sticky, clear fluid began to flow. Junsu moaned again. The young king watched with hungry eyes at how the other’s body began to writhe as Changmin pumped his fingers in and out. There were three of them inside now, and every now and then he remembered to take more oil to lessen the pain.

The spot, where in the Valar’s name is the spot? Changmin wondered. He continued to move his fingers, wiggle them around and twisted them to the right when suddenly Junsu’s body jerked and he let out a long pleasured moan. 

The King was stunned for a split moment before realizing that he might have touched the pleasure spot. He did the same movement again, trying to remember which direction it was and was rewarded again with a whimper. He relished in seeing Junsu unraveling underneath him, how he moved exquisitely whenever Changmin touched the spot.

“My Lord, saes..” he heard him plead.

Knowing what his Consort wanted to ask of him, Changmin oiled his own shaft, hissing when the cold oil touch his burning flesh. Blanketing his lover’s body, he aligned himself and pushed in. Junsu felt tight, his walls clenching around him and Changmin winced as he tried to push deeper. Feeling the other’s wall began to give way, he stopped mid way, remembering how he had hurt Junsu during their first night together. “Tell me if it hurts.”

He saw Junsu nodded tightly as his Consort buried his head between the pillows. Long fingers clenched at the sheet and Changmin’s heart pained seeing how taut his lover’s body was. It must have been painful to him, even with the care Changmin had taken to prepare him. And to think that he did not give his Consort a proper time to adjust back then brought shameful feeling to him. He wished he was not so inconsiderate that night.

Gently, Changmin caressed the other’s clenched fist, feeling how it began to unclench as Junsu’s body started to unwind. Placing gentle kisses on his Consort’s neck, Changmin pushed further in until he was finally buried to the hilt. He then just stayed motionless, not wanting to hurt his love even further.

It was Junsu who made the first move. He started to push back and Changmin knew then that it was alright to move. He began to move slowly, but the pleasure built and rushed through him like a running river during spring and before he knew it, his body had slammed itself into his Consort.

Changmin tried to remember through his hazy mind which way was Junsu’s pleasure spot. He gripped the other’s hips and aligned himself that way. His heart swelled with pride as Junsu cried out, the sound so beautiful, so addicting in his ears. 

Junsu moved to kneel on his hands and knees, giving Changmin more room to move. Changmin was entranced by the way his Consort squirmed. He ran a hand over Junsu’s back, before reaching beneath the other’s weeping member. As he touched it, he felt how Junsu instinctively pushed back to make sure Changmin moved in the way Junsu wanted him to. Losing himself in the sensation, Changmin gave in and sped up. 

He pounded into the other’s willing and warm body, all the while he his Consort’s shaft, determined for Junsu to find his release first. He knew Junsu was close. His movement began to grow erratic, his moans were longer and his whimpers grew more urgent. In just few more , Changmin felt the hot flesh in his palm began to swell, the hot channel around his own shaft clenched almost painfully and soon a hot liquid drenched his fingers.

The sight of his Consort in such pleasure, the feeling of those walls tightened even more brought the King closer and closer to release. Changmin moved faster, he could feel his own release drawing closer and closer until finally he too, succumbed into the pleasure.

Changmin then collapsed on top of his Consort, exhausted by the intensity of their lovemaking. They panted together and for few moments, neither of them spoke as the air around them was filled with harsh breaths. After a while, Changmin pulled out and moved onto his side.

His Consort still had his head buried in the pillow. Frowning, Changmin’s heart began to worry. Did he hurt Junsu again? He rolled the other’s around and felt tremendous relief as he saw Junsu’s shy smile, light blush dusting on his cheeks visible in favor of Ithil’s light.

Unable to constrain himself, Changmin kissed his Consort again. Their tongues danced slowly before Junsu drew back. “Thank you My King,” he said. 

Changmin smiled. His heart felt as if it would burst from too much happiness. He was truly fortunate to have such beautiful, kind elf as his Consort. However there was still one thing that troubled him. He yearned to hear his name from those beautiful lips. “Call my name,” Changmin whispered. He traced his Consort’s lips with his finger, savoring how it was still bright red and swollen from their kisses. “I wish to hear you speak my name, and when we are alone, I wish you to call me as it is.”

He watched as Junsu’s eyes widened. But then a realization came, and Changmin knew that Junsu had understood. By allowing Junsu to call him by his name alone, Changmin had given the other a permission to be of his equal, an honor he had only given to Jaejoong before as they were childhood friends. As he gave the same honor to Junsu, a chance to be his equal, Changmin also asked him to be loyal to him. “Call my name,” he said again, more urgent this time.

“Changmin,” the whisper came mixed with astonishment, as if Junsu himself was unsure that he was allowed to call the King by his name alone.

The king’s heart swelled with love. His name was the sweetest thing he had ever heard from Junsu, even more so than when Junsu said he loved him. “Say it one more time,” Changmin spoke, “I want to hear it again and again.”

“Changmin.” This time the word was spoken louder, and with a bright smile from Junsu, a smile so beautiful, so pure and so wonderful it could give light to any dark corner in Arda. Changmin knew then that he would do whatever it takes so that he could still see the smile for as long as he lived.

Drawing his Consort close, Changmin spoke, “Hanon lle, for you have given me so much happiness, more than I ever imagine.” The words were never truer, as they came from the bottom of his heart and even though Junsu did not reply, the smile he had given Changmin was more than enough as answer. The two then lied together, whispering love and kisses as the night passed by, until finally dream claimed them.

 

-----




It was still dark when Changmin heard the knock on his door. Most unusual, as Ithil still roamed the sky and stars were still alight. At first Changmin thought he was in mere dream, but as the knocks continued, he knew it was not a dream. Most of the candles had burnt low, even the fireplace had only ambers left, the fire was long gone.

Changmin sighed as the knocking continued. Junsu was still asleep, his eyes were still vacant and Changmin hoped the knock would not wake him. He then drew a long breath before standing up. Even though there was nearly no light, he had lived in the Royal Chamber long enough to know his way to the door in the dark. The King slipped on his sleeping robe, for although it was night time, he found the robe easily. 

Yunho was on the other side of the door, dressed in light legging and tunic. The seneschal’s eyes were filled with worry, and his face with concern. It alarmed Changmin in return, for Yunho was known for his calm demeanor. What in the name of Valar had happened?

“Forgive me to disturb you, my King, but this cannot wait. We just received an urgent news from Cair Andros,” Yunho spoke, his voice rang clear in the dark night. “Gondolin has fallen.”


-End of Chapter Sixteen-


Glossary:
Valar = gods
Arda = time/earth
Melamin = My Love
Ithil= moon
Melamin = My Love
Amin mela lle = I love you
Mela lle beika = I love you too
Hanon lle = thank you