Chapter 18

Winter's Heart

 

 

Chapter 18

Dear Gyu Eool,

            I am really sorry. I know I was never really there for you. I was always busy so I couldn’t see how much my little sister has grown. The last few days have been quite hectic, haven’t they? I realized that there are so many things that I don’t know about you.

            Isn’t it funny that I didn’t even know that you had stitches? Your own brother didn’t even know that, but your friends did. Because of that I decided to leave for a little while…

            So I have decided to do what I think is best. You will stay with them, not because I am leaving you. I would never do that. Please take care and I love you

~Junhyung

            No. No no no no no. This can’t be! A weight seemed to have dropped on my chest. My eyes started to cloud over, black spots dotted around the room. My breathing became shallow. It started to get harder and harder to breath, my windpipe closing up. The world starting to fade away like everybody I know.

 

Junhyung’s POV

Flashback

            “I have a favor to ask of you… will you please take care of Gyu? I am going to have to leave and was suppose to tell her today when I picked her up. Actually she was coming with me, but I can see now that she actually might be better off with you. Would it be all right?” I questioned.

            Their eyes showed confusion, befuddlement, and most of all worry and I am pretty sure it is not for me. One by one they nodded hesitantly.

            “Good. I know I can trust you. I know all of your living conditions and see you aren’t all living together, so I am giving you another house. I have already called your parents and they are okay with it surprisingly. Are you having any problems with them, sorry if I am prying,” I asked.

            They all seemed to tense up, as if wanting to stray away from that topic. They should cherish their parents while they still have them though. “I also have another question, does Gyu Eool know about your ‘family?”

            “Well, we never really told her because we didn’t want her to treat us differently. So in other words, no she doesn’t,” Key said.

            “Hmm, I see then. Are you going to tell her soon? I don’t really trust people with secrets? I’ve already had one big secret kept from me that shouldn’t have been kept. Don’t make the same mistake,” I gravely warned them.

            My tone seemed to scare them since I could see them flinch from fear. I softened a bit. I shouldn’t be so hard on them with them doing this for me. “I’ll go then,” I said as I left the room.

            As soon as I left I rounded a corner to see them come out of the room looking around frantically. I felt a small trail of water go down my cheek. Not now Junhyung. You decided this for yourself, nobody but you. Take care of her. I will always be watching.

 

Key’s POV

            I guess he really is gone then. Why id he leaving so suddenly? Why did he just choose us if we just met? How did he find out about us? Most importantly, how will Gyu Eool react to this? All these questions drifted in my mind in a jumbled mess. The rest of SHINee was just as confused as I was.

            “I… think we should held upstairs to see how Gyu Eool is doing,” I suggested since it seemed like we were going to stand here for forever. They all just nodded in agreement. It was as if someone ripped out our vocal cords. Nobody talked and it felt as if there was and empty feeling in our gut and a scorching burn in the throat.

            When we got to the room, a shock welcomed us there. There was Gyu Eool… lying down on the floor. Everyone rushed to her, trying to tell her to wake up but our efforts were futile. Her breathing was uneven and choppy. Her head was burning to look like a very dangerous fever and her being unconscious isn’t helping anything. In the mess, I was finally able to carry her to a bed.

            Trying to organize all the events that have happened without exploding I told Jonghyun and Minho to go and make something for her to eat, Onew to go to the store and get medicine, and Taemin to go to the store for any extra food or supplies we needed. When I finally got them out of the room with skeptical looks on their faces, I got a small towel and some water. I poured in chucks of ice into water. The ice reacted in cackles and cracks and is merged with the lukewarm liquid. I dumped the cloth into the bucket into the water shivering as the glacial water soaked my hands.

            I squeezed the water out of the towel and laid it carefully on her forehead. Out of boredom, I started looking around the room. That looks interesting. I saw a cracked picture frame on her desk; on it was a picture of Gyu and us. I started inspecting and found a note on the back.

                        “I will not break.

                                    I will not suffer, since they’re gone.

                                                I am… Diamond.”

            The picture next to it was even more peculiar. It was a girl around Gyu’s age wearing a mask. It had a very masquerade type of feel that seemed mysterious. I wonder who it is? She looks a lot like…

            I heard a noise on the other side of the room and saw Gyu Eool starting to wake up. I rushed over to her to see if she was okay and asked, “Gyu, are you all right? Are you hurting anywhere right now?” These questions were all to no avail. She had a very glassy look in her eyes and started to look around as if looking for someone. Of course she’s looking for someone Key!

            All of a sudden she started screaming. The words she yelled were like nails on a chalkboard. Her angelic voice turned haggard from the mix of desperation and despair. I could hear Minho and Jonghyun running up the stairs to the horrid noise. When Jonghyun saw her his jaw dropped in shock. He hurried to her and hugged her. As if contact was her worse enemy, she thrashed and yelled even louder. Anything she could she did, scratching and hitting.

            Finally she lost energy and broke into a heap of sobs. It really hurt me to see her like this. The second time she cried, each time because of foolish people leaving a perfect angel like her. Her, an angel but her life crooked. Gyu… we need to get you out of this mess.


 


 

Okay guys! I finally updated!! Woo Hoo!! I have to let you all know though.... I got into MATH HONORS!!! Yeah!!! Although.... this means I won't be able to update as oftern though because, well.... because I am going to be studying my off! I literally got 3 workbooks for me to do over the summer with a book about math!

I've actually heard that this class was REALLY hard, so I am freaking out..... a lot!

 

Anyways thank you for being so patient with me! Again thank you! By the way I am not going to be doing quotes or comment replies tday because it is literally 1:30 right now and I need my sleep! 

Thank you and sorry!