Chapter 15

Winter's Heart

 

Listen to thishttp://www.youtuberepeat.com/watch/?v=YUON1_MVW3I

Gyu Eool's POV

“I can’t believe you could do something like this! Do you know how disappointed I am in you! I trusted you and what did you do? You went behind my back and did this!” Junhyung shouted at me.

I flinched a little, that was the most Junhyung have ever yelled at me. I took a deep breath.

“Do you know what could happen to you? You could be killed! You could be kidnapped or even worse, and I wouldn’t even know! I wouldn’t be able to protect you!” Junhyung said, fighting back tears that you could see clearly.

“I-I’m s-sorry,” I whispered meekly. I really don’t know what to do.

“You better be sorry! Do you know how dangerous this work is? There is a reason why I didn’t get you involve in this! When did this start?” He questioned me, apparently trying to become calm.

“A-around the t-time before we m-moved,” I said, trying not to remind ourselves of their deaths.

“So are you telling me that you started this when mom and dad died! I thought you were truly getting better and you were just doing this! I thought you knew better! I warned you so many times! I even locked everything down and you still did this!” he yelled clearly angry now.

“Excuse me! You are disappointed in me! Well, I’m sorry I couldn’t handle my parents dying and my friends leaving me the very same day. I’m sorry I didn’t just forget everything! I’m sorry I didn’t do anything after hell was thrown at me!” I yelled, and with that I stormed up to my room.

No I will NOT cry! When did this all go south…

 

Flashback

When we got there we saw that the fight had already started without us, how sad. I started throwing kicks and punches here and there, not worrying too much. You could tell that this group was a really rookie and rash one. All of a sudden I could feel someone behind me so I quickly turned around, but a bit too late. He cut off the string to my mask, and right when he was about to stab me…

Junhyung came and shot the person in the arm.

“Hey are you okay Dia… Gyu Eool? What are you doing here?” Junhyung yelled.

Lots of emotion passed through his eyes. Confusion. Anger. Despair. Disappointment.

“Diamond, watch out!” Sungyeol yelled as he moved in front of me and blocked the….

Bullet.

“Noo! Sungyeol! Who did this?” I yelled, my eyes bloodshot.

I don’t know what happened then, but there were screams, blood, and worse disappointment in Junhyung’s eyes. What did I do wrong?

End of Flashback

I snuck out through my window. Sungyeol was in the hospital and I wasn’t going to be idle. I walked down the street to the bus stop. Cars past me, people bumped into me but I felt nothing. How did things turn out so bad today? Nobody had a gun that I saw, so who shot? I asked but nobody knew and Sungyeol is in the hospital, Junhyung looks like he is about to disown me, and even Beast is disappointed in me.

This time kind of reminds me of a few years ago.

Flashback :  

“Nobody loves you, loser!”

“Dig a ditch and die! Don’t worry no one will miss you!”

“Why are you even alive? You are a worthless orphan!”

Harsh word after harsh word filled my mind, ears, and heart. Junhyung was put in the hospital after getting shot one fight. What if I really become an orphan? What then? Should I just end everything now? It would make everything a whole lot easier for me.

I went to a rooftop. I don’t know which one. My feet were moving on their own, like they had a mind of their own. My brain, in fuzz and non-responsive, had no control over my body. I saw myself going to my edge. You could say I saw my life flash before my eyes, but they didn’t. Instead images of my family and them floated throughout my brain.

“Honey, come down from that tree! It’s dangerous! Come we have your favorite, watermelon!”

“Gyu! Come on, let’s go to the arcade! We’ll get you a teddy bear! Pwease!!! Pretty please, with a cherry on top!”

“Dongsaeng! Come on! We are going to the Water Park! Are you coming?!”

I either lost these people or am going to. I will never have these type of memories anymore anyways. Dark thoughts went through my mind.

You shouldn’t be alive! Scum!”

“It would be easier to just die! If you don’t succeed then try, try again!!”

I slowly shuffle my feet over the edge, not even shedding a tear.

Right when I was about to step over I felt an arm wrap around my waist and pull me close. It was a boy.

“What do you think you’re doing? Do you think it’s okay to do this? What about your family?” a boy started shouting at me.

“I am not going to have anybody left,” I whispered.

“What?” the boy questioned, a trace of pity in his voice. He then pulled me into a hug.

“I-I’m not going to h-have anybody l-left,” I said hiccupping in between, but no tears would come out.

“It’s all right. Do you know why? You have someone who cares about you now, the name’s Sungyeol,” Sungyeol said while patting my back soothingly, almost like my mom.

End of Flashback

I finally got to the bus stop and sat down waiting for the bus. After a minute or so, I felt someone tap my shoulder. It was Taemin.

“What are you doing here Gyu?” he asked.

I didn’t answer, but just climbed onto the bus when it came and he followed. It dropped us off near the hospital and I walked there, Taemin still following me. I went to the room, with him near me always. I slowly forgot him when I got to the room where Sungyeol lay awake.

He was there connected to machines, which I should be connected to. I quickly walked to him. When he saw me his face brightened. He shouldn't be happy he saw me. I did this to him.

“I am so sorry Sungyeol. This is my entire fault. I should’ve been more aware of my surroundings, especially in a fight. I got sidetracked and now you’re here!” I said, raising my voice a bit louder every sentence.

“Gyu, it’s all right. Seriously, I’m okay. Anything for our gang leader right!” Sungyeol said. He was obviously unaware of Taemin at the doorway.

“Should I stay here then for the night? I heard you still have to stay for a week here. That’s a bit of a long time,” I said, with an abnormal amount of care in my tone.

“Gyu, I told you. I’m all right! Just go home, and confront Junhyung. I heard today was a bit hectic for you and him, wasn’t it?” he said.

“Okay, fine then. I’m going okay! Go to sleep, you need it!” I shouted over my shoulder as I walked out.

As I was walking out though, I bumped into Taemin.

“Gyu. What was he talking about a gang?” he asked.

“Nothing, absolutely nothing. I’ve got to go home, okay. I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said as I walked briskly past him.

 

Taemin’s POV

Something fishy is going around here and I’m going to find out what. I unlocked my phone and dialed in a certain number.

 

“Hello, who’s this?”

“It’s me Lee Taemin. I need investigate something for me.”

“Ah Mr.Lee, of course! What do you want me to investigate?”

“I need you to investigate Ms. Yong Gyu Eool and a group named Infinite for me please.”

“No problem, anything for the heir of the Lee company!

Okay, thanks!”

            Gyu Eool, what are you hiding?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!! I hope you liked this update!! Did any of you watch SHINee's Sherlock!! If you didn't here it is!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc5VkXk1e74

Quote

"Razors pain you; 
Rivers are damp; 
Acids stain you; 
And drugs cause cramp. 
Guns aren’t lawful; 
Nooses give; 
Gas smells awful; 
You might as well live.” 
― Dorothy Parker

Comment Replies

Jessika98- Lol! I am actually studying Shakespeare in school right now!

TiaraL - Yeah, but my break ends really soon! Boo hoo! My next break will be the SUMMER BREAK!

ailisu- I hope you liked this chapter! I added a bit more Junhyung! (He is not a bad guy! He just cares for his sister!)

LePand1506- I'm really glad that you liked this chapter!!