Chapter 5

Cinderella's Aegyo Prince

Sooyoung came out to their backyard and walked to Sunny who is crying on Sungmin.

"Oh Mrs. Choi" Sungmin greeted.

Sungmin stood up and helped Sooyoung to sit beside Sunny. Sunny hugged her dear mother and cried.

"Omma, omma, omma" she kept on calling her mother.

"It's okay sweetie, we have to be strong" Sooyoung said rubbing Sunny's back.

Sungmin watched them, he stared at Sunny who feels bad about her father's death. He decided to leave them alone, so he entered the house.

 

~~~

 

Inside the house 

Sungmin helped Ryeowook with the preparation for their lunch. Sungmin, who doesn't know what to do just does as Ryeowook says.

"Yah Sungmin-ah, can't you fix those? They're just easy, just do this and that!" Ryeowook said showing Sungmin what to do.

"Ryeowook-sshi, why are you not comforting your sister?" Sungmin asked with a low voice.

"Aren't you supposed to be sad too?" he added.

Ryeowook was stopped by what Sungmin said, he sat on the chair and his face became serious.

"It's because I wanted to appear strong in front of her. That's what I promised dad before he left, I need to be strong for my sister" he said.

Sungmin sat beside Ryeowook and listened to him.

"Please help me bro, I can't be like this forever! Everynight I am secretly crying in my room so Sunny can't see me" Ryeowook said.

Sooyoung went inside but without Sunny.

"Omma, how's Sunny?" Ryeowook worryingly asked.

"She's fine, she calmed down already, thanks Sungmin-ah because of you she burst all of her feelings" Sooyoung said.

"That's nothing she is my friend anyway" Sungmin replied.

"Let's just fix this" Ryeowook said with an almost crying voice.

"Ryeowook-ah, it's okay if you cry" Sooyoung said.

"Cry? Me? Hmm that's new" Ryeowook said.

"Of course not mom, I'm strong, let's just arrange these" Ryeowook added.

Sungmin and Sooyoung helped Ryeowook with the kitchen, suddenly Sunny came in.

"Sunny-ah" Ryeowook called.

"Can I help?" Sunny said with a smile.

"Uhmm I don't think----" Ryeowook started.

"Sure" Sungmin cut him.

 

~~~

 

After eating, Sunny was clearing the table when Ryeowook stopped her.

"Sunny-ah you're still not fine, better rest" he said.

"It's okay oppa, I want to do this" Sunny replied.

Ryeowook looked at Sungmin, and he just nodded. He helped Sunny to clear the table. After cleaning the table, Sungmin pulled Sunny to her mother and stood in front of her.

"Uhmm, Mrs. Choi, can I ask her out? I mean just a friendly date, no meaning" Sungmin said.

"Oh---uhmm---sure, I guess" Sooyoung said.

Sungmin pulled Sunny outside and they went to the plaza.

"Sungmin-sshi why are we here?" Sunny said.

"Well, I will let you forget everything, even just for now" Sungmin replied.

Sungmin pulls Sunny wherever he goes, he buys her all the simple things they can find. Suddenly Sunny stopped in front of a bookstore, Sungmin noticed that he is not holding Sunny's hand anymore, he looked and saw Sunny standing and looking for something.

"Sunny-ah what's wrong?"

"That book" Sunny placed her hand on the glass window.

"My father gave me like that once, but we sell it" Sunny said.

"Sunny-ah I told you we're here to forget everything" Sungmin said.

"Sorry, I can't stop myself from remembering things" Sunny fakely laughed.

Sungmin entered the shop leaving Sunny behind, she watched him as he gets something from the shop. He paid the old man 3 pieces of gold coins. Her eyes widened up and she suddenly felt like interrogating him.

"Yah, where did you get the coins?" Sunny said.

"What coins?" Sungmin said.

"The coins you used to buy those, that book is expensive, very expensive" Sunny said.

"Really?" Sungmin asked.

"Yeah, because it's a collector's item, only rich people can buy those" Sunny replied.

"Well, I---got it from---" Sungmin was thinking of an alibi.

"From?" Sunny was waiting for his answer.

"From my parents, they gave me 5 gold coins everytime I walked out of the palace" Sungmin said.

"Such a brat, does your parents know you're buying books?" Sunny said.

"Well, it's not for me, it's for you" Sungmin handed her the book.

"For--me?" Sunny pointed her index finger to herself.

"Yes, it's for you" Sungmin placed it to Sunny's hands.

Sungmin walked away while Sunny was left, still staring at the book. Sungmin came back to her and pulled her. They continued to travel all over the place while eating apples, they were laughing together and it seems Sunny forgot eveything. Once again Sungmin helped her.

 

~~~

 

"Thanks again Sungmin-sshi, I really appreciate it" Sunny said showing off her book.

"Well, I think you need to pay for that" Sungmin joked.

"I know, don't worry I'll hand you over the money" Sunny said seriously.

"Yah! I'm joking, you don't have to pay for that" Sungmin said.

"I have to, or your parents' hardwork will go to waste, they work for that money and their son just use it to buy a book" Sunny said.

"Well, it's for someone special" Sungmin replied.

"Me? Special?" Sunny asked Sungmin.

"Of course, you're my best of friend" Sungmin said.

"Oh" Sunny happily said.

Then Sungmin left. Sunny was disappointed, she thought that Sungmin's gonna confess but he did not.