Chapter 12

Cinderella's Aegyo Prince

At Ahn Residence

Sunny was cleaning when Sohee came with her arms crossed.

"Yah, maid, you think you can come?" she smirked.

"Why?" Sunny asked.

"Well, sorry to say you can't go, because you have to finish all of your work plus you don't have something to wear" Sohee said.

"I have" Sunny proudly said.

"What? You have? Let me guess, that rugged clothes you're wearing? HAHAHAHAHA" Sohee laughed then left.

Sunny closed her fist tightly and stomped her feet, she is really annoyed and full of Sohee's bullying. After cleaning she took a rest, and laid on the couch, after a while she remembered the dress.

"Right, the dress" she said.

She ran to a room and slightly closed the door, she opened the box where she placed the dress.

"Ahhhh" she clapped her hands.

Sohee can hear her so she took a peek on the room and there she saw Sunny playing with the dress, Sunny is fitting it. Wondering where did Sunny get the clothes, Sohee just left and thought of a plan.

"Aishhh, where did that Sunny got her dress? She must've stolen it" Sohee clapped her hands, "watch out Sunny-ah, you're not coming to the ball, you must not come" Sohee evilly smirked.

 

~~~

 

On Sunny's side

"Omma, I'm home" Sunny said.

"Ohh Sunny-ah, you're home? Did you eat already?" Sooyoung asked.

"Neh!" Sunny bowed, "omma, what if I come to the ball?" she added.

Sooyoung looked at Sunny with a surprised face.

"I thought you hated coming to those events?" Sooyoung replied, "and if you're coming you don't have something to wear!" she exclaimed.

"Omma, relax, I have now okay? Actually I have something to tell you, I met the princess and she was the one who bought me clothes" Sunny said.

"Chincha?" Sooyoung happily said.

"Then, I believe you must come" she added.

"Really? You're allowing me?" Sunny said in shocked.

"Of course" Sooyoung smiled.

Sunny ran to her mom and  hugged her even to Ryeowook who is sleeping and was awaken by her.

"Yah! I'm trying to sleep here" Ryeowook complained.

"Mianhae oppa" Sunny used her aegyo.

Ryeowook got back to his dreams, while Sunny brought out her dress to wear for the party.

Sunny-ah be careful with your things, don't let others see that first so it's safe 'til the party" Sooyoung said.

"Okay, I'm gonna keep this on Sohee's" Sunny nodded.

"Sohee's? Isn't that dangerous? I mean if she saw that she'll totally not stop until that dress is ruined" Sooyoung explained.

"You think so?" Sunny asked.

"Neh" Sooyoung continued to sew the clothes.

Sunny brought it back to the box and kept it on her room. 

 

~~~

 

Saturday, At the palace

Everyone was busy, while Sungmin was really nervous. The maids couldn't fix his clothes because he keeps on moving around.

"Uhmm your highness, would you stop moving for a while?" the maid pleased.

Sungmin stopped for a while and the maid was about to pin up the back of his clothes when he started to move again. Suddenly, Yuri knocked at the door.

"Sungmin-ah you ready?" Yuri smiled.

"I guess" Sungmin just nodded.

"Don't worry you look handsome now!" Yuri said fixing his hair.

"Yeah, you too, you look stunning" Sungmin fakely smiled.

"Yah! I'm sure you're gonna see her, the girl for you, I assure you that!" Yuri said.

Sungmin just smiled. After a while the trumpets were played.

 

~~~

 

At Ahn Residence

Sohee and her family prepared for the ball while Sunny is still, asusual working with Sooyoung. Suddenly Sohee started to keep on telling Sunny what to do.

"Sunny-ah clean this, Sunny-ah clean those, wash this, wash those, fix this, fix those" 

After doing all of her master's commands, Sunny rested for a moment. And as she saw the time, she immediately prepared for the ball. Her mom helped her, but when she walked down the stairs everybody's gone, except for Sohee.

"Sohee-ah wait for me" she yelled.

Sohee turned to Sunny.

"It's okay now, ahjumma you can now go home, I'll take care of her" Sohee said hiding a pair of scissors.

"Okay, be careful okay?" Sooyoung kissed Sunny's forehead.

"Thanks mom!" Sunny replied.

Sooyoung left, Sohee brought out the scissors and walked around Sunny.

"Before we go, I just wanna ask, where did you get that dress?" 

"From the princess" Sunny replied.

"So you stole it?" Sohee aggresively said.

"No I did not, the princess bought it and I'm gonna pay for this" Sunny said.

"Just admit it, YOU STOLE IT!" Sohee said.

"I did not!" Sunny said.

But Sohee cut the side of the dress.

"Oops I'm sorry" Sohee said.

Then Sohee was not contented and she pulled the lace from Sunny's dress.

"NO STOP IT!" Sunny said.

But Sohee wasn't stopping she continued to destroy Sunny's clothes. She tore this and that.

"Sohee, PLEASE, I'm begging you STOP IT!!!" Sunny said crying already.

"What?! Did you just beg?" Sohee said.

"I guess I'll stop since you beg" Sohee added then went to the carriage and left.

Sunny ran outside and cry, she was covering her eyes while running with her ruined clothes.

 

~~~

 

At the palace 

Yuri was waiting patiently for Sunny but she is not coming yet, so she decided to look for her.

"Knight come with me, let's find her" she said.

She rode the carriage and left, they searched for Sunny around the palace but they cannot find her. After a while she heard a crying voice, it sounds familiar so she walked to where the voice was coming from and saw Sunny crying.

"Sunny-ah, why are you crying and why is your dress torn?" Yuri said in schock.

"I'm sorry your highness but I can not come, with my clothes like this" Sunny said.

"Aniyo, you will attend that party even if it kills me, okay? So come with me" Yuri helped her to stand up.

They got in the carriage and went straight to the palace. They secretly entered the palace by passing through the other way around.

 

~~~

 

Inside the palace 

Sohee was very formal, she walks like a princess, moves like a princess and talk like a princess. After a while the ceremony started.

"Welcome everyone, my people, this ceremony is all about my son's coronation and search for his wife, also it's your time to see his face that we hid for a very long time. Your curiosity will be over soon. What are we waiting for? Start the party" King Leeteuk happily reported.

 

~~~

 

Inside Yuri's room

Sunny was looking around Yuri's room and was amazed by it, because it's big and beautiful.

"Here, I got some clothes and dresses, just choose whatever you like" Yuri said.

"Oh and don't forget to wear this" Yuri said handing her a mask.

"A mask? For what? Is it a masquarade ball?" Sunny asked.

"No, but I want my brother to be surprised" Yuri excitingly said.

Yuri left because the King was calling her so Sunny was left alone in the room, she started to choose her dress and wore the mask.

" *deep sigh* There's no turning back now" she said.

 

~~~

 

At the ball room

The trumpets were played, it means Sungmin will be introduced already so King Leeteuk stood up infront of everyone.

"It's time, I want to introduce to you all, my dearest son, Sungmin" King Leeteuk spread his left arm pointing at a door.

The doors were opened, and a guy wearing a mask went out. Everyone clapped their hands especially Sohee.

"Son, would you remove your mask?" King Leeteuk said.

Yuri ran to the King and whispered to him.

"Appa, why doesn't Sungmin dance first before removing his mask?" she suggested.

"But why?" King Leeteuk replied.

"Well, so there's a thrill for the girls" Yuri smiled.

"What can I do? My princess suggested" King Leeteuk smirked.

He faced everyone and announced that Sungmin would dance a girl before removing his mask.

"Everyone, why don't we dance first before revealing my son's face?" King Leeteuk said.

Everyone nodded and danced to the music. Suddenly Sunny walked down the stairs, she's also wearing a mask, everyone looked at her and was wondering who she is. Yuri ran to her and pulled her towards Sungmin.

"Brother, I want you to meet my friend, and I want you to dance her" she said.

Yuri placed Sunny's hands to Sungmin's.

"Hi, Yuri-ah can I dance with you?" Heechul said taking Yuri's hands.

"Sure" Yuri said.

Then all them danced except for the two, Sunny was shy but Sungmin just removed his hands from hers and formally asked for her dance, Sungmin bowed.

"Can I have this dance?" he said.

Sunny just nodded and the two dance, not knowing who is the one behind the masks. Sohee was really annoyed by the mystery girl dancing with Sungmin. The two of them were just staring at each other, suddenly Sunny's mask let loose and it fell, Sungmin and Sohee saw it's Sunny and they were really shocked.

"Sunny-ah?" he said with low voice.

Sungmin pulled his hands off Sunny's

"You know me?" Sunny smiled.

Sungmin did not speak, but King Leeteuk stops the music, and looked at Sungmin who is in the middle of the crowd.

"Son, would you remove your mask?" King Leeteuk said.

Sungmin just stared at Sunny while removing his mask. When Sungmin removed his mask everyone clapped their hands and cheered. Sunny covered and was really shocked, tears started to fall down to her cheeks and couldn't move her whole body.

"Sunny-ah" Sungmin said.

"You're-----a------prince?" Sunny slowly said.

"Yes" Sungmin bowed his head.

"You lied to me? You're lying to me all this time?" Sunny said the run.

"Sunny-ah" Sungmin was about to follow her but everyone bunched at him and greeted him.

Yuri followed her.

Sunny kept on running and running while covering her face full of tears, until she reached a tree. She sat and leaned on it.

"Stupid prince, that's why I hate them, they are all the same" Sunny said.

Suddenly Yuri came.

"Sunny-ah" she called.

"You plan this right?" Sunny said.

"What's wrong?" Yuri replied.

"You know he's lying to me the whole time right?" Sunny said crying.

"Of course not! Whatever my brother did when we're not here, I swear I have nothing to do with it! Okay, I just want him to end up with you" Yuri explained.

But Sunny kept on crying. Yuri came to her and hugged her. Sunny slowly leaned at Yuri and cried.

 

~~~

 

Back at the palace

Sohee came to Sungmin and flirted with him.

"Yah! I did not know you're the prince, why you did not tell me?" Sohee said.

"You plan this did you?" Sungmin said.

"What plan? I don't want her to come here, I don't know how did this happen" Sohee defended.

Sungmin passed by her and ignored her. Sohee followed him and they walked to the corridors, suddenly they heard a crying voice they looked where it came from and it's from Sunny.

"Ohh such a dramatic girl" Sohee said.

"Stop it" Sungmin said.

"Why? Affected?" Sohee replied then left.

Yuri helped Sunny to stand up and assisted her. Suddenly they passed by Sungmin who was just standing there.

"I want to be alone" Sunny said then left.

"Sunny-ah" Sungmin held her arms.

But Sunny continued to walk, Sungmin turned to Yuri.

"Mianhae Sungmin-ah, I just want to help you out, I did not know this would happen" Yuri said.

"It's okay" Sungmin said then continued to walk.