Chapter 1

Cinderella's Aegyo Prince

Not far from the place stands an open area that became the venue for war. Sunny was just 5 years old then, while Sungmin was 7.

Sunny's father, as a royal knight must go and protect his country. But before going out and face the war, he left his family inside the palace.

"Don't worry, father will be back" he promised his two young children and his wife.

"Be careful" Sooyoung, his wife said and kissed him.

"Don't worry Sir Siwon, my people will take care of them" King Leeteuk said.

King Leeteuk kissed his family as well before going with Siwon.

"Sungmin" he turned to his youngest child and heir to the throne.

"Father, you'll be back right?" Sungmin replied.

"Yes, my son! I will be back" King Leeteuk hugged his only son.

By then, King Leeteuk left with Sir Siwon.

3 days had passed and the King together with his knights wasn't returning yet. Because of it, the Queen became really worried.

"It's okay your highness, King Leeteuk's a wise man, he can negotiate with the other clan" Sooyoung comforted the queen.

"Thank you, Sooyoung" the Queen thanked her servant.

While the royal children were playing together, one girl was left alone. Sunny who has no friends watched the royal cousins while they play, and because no commoner could see Prince Sungmin's face until his coronation, she couldn't join.

"Why would they not allow me to play with them? I'm also a kid, although poor but it's not fair" Sunny sulked.

Beside her was her older brother, Ryeowook who was also envy of the royal cousins who have everything in their hands.

"Brother, why don't they let us play with the prince?" innocent Sunny asked.

"Because it's forbidden for a commoner like us to see the prince's face" Ryeowook explained and rubbed his sister's arm.

"But I already saw his face" Sunny said.

"You did?" Ryeowook asked.

"Yes" the little girl nodded.

"You must forget his face, you must forget his face" Ryeowook said with a hypnotizing tone and pretended as if he's a wizard casting a spell on his little sister.

"Brother, what are you doing?" Sunny laughed.

"Sunny just follow what I say, forget his face, forget his face---" Ryeowook continued.

"I understand, I will forget his face" Sunny mocked while rubbing her forehead. Both of them laughed.

 

~~~

 

It took them years before the war had ended and fortunately King Leeteuk walked home with the success after 3 years of negotiation with the other clan. Sunny, who was really excited about her father's homecoming ran and was following the King's carriage.

"Your highness" she shouted but the place was too crowded and too noisy for King Leeteuk to hear. In the end, she just went straight home and unsuccessfully talked with the King.

"Sunny!" Ryeowook called for his sister.

"Brother, the people at the plaza likes me, they're always giving me these trades" she said.

Sunny happily handed his brother the basket of apples she got from the people at the plaza. While on the other side of the house, goes her mom sewing some shattered clothes.

"Mother, are you okay?" Sunny walked to her mom.

"Yes, my dear!" her mom replied.

Sunny didn't waste a moment and told her mother about everything that she had seen at the plaza for the King's homecoming. She also told her about how good people were at the plaza, and while talking, somebody knocked at the door.

"Good day! I'm from the palace, can I talk to Mrs. Choi Sooyoung?" from its clothes and its badge, Sunny could tell that it's a knight from the palace.

"I am her" Sooyoung said.

"It's about Sir Siwon" the knight added.

"What happened to my husband?" Sooyoung worriedly asked, pushing Ryeowook to keep Sunny away. Ryeowook followed his mother's order and walked away with Sunny.

"Sir Siwon was a brave man, he faced the enemies' guard, he tried to negotiate with him but the guard started the fight. He was killed by him, but he would be given a very special ceremony and proper burial for his bravery. It's not that I wanted him dead Mrs. Choi, but if he was not killed the negotiation will not be very successful. It took us 3 years before we ended the war so a huge gratitude for your husband the negotiation was succesful" the knight told her the story.

"I knew this would happen" Sooyoung said, covering her eyes with tears.