Heaven's Letter

The Existence of Life

 

Character: Ryeowook

 

 

Dear grandson Ryeowook,


Please think that whatever I'm going to give to you, is not something that I want you to receive solely; think of it as my - what should I say? - Love, affection that I can't shower you with anymore.

And do what you need to do out of pure love, not because I told you so, alright? Though, I'm glad if you fulfill my last wish, I don't want to put you in a death-sentence situation.

The hospice that I want you to be the part of; is one of my bucket lists that I manage to make it happens. There is another one, but that has to do with you, but I'm not going to push you with it. It doesn't matter now. As long as you're happy, that's good enough for me.

 
So how have you been? I miss you, Ryeowookie-ah. But you must miss me more, right? I know, that you miss me more than I miss you. So, please don't resent yourself, just...continue miss me more than I miss you, okay?

I can't tell you the truth, because you have life ahead of you at that time. I'm not very sure how much time I would wait for this letter to be read, but I'm willing to wait for you, for how long it is going to be, I'll wait for you.

I'm sorry that I never stick by your side in the past years, but Ryeowook-ah, I know you can do this, without me by your side. You've been doing well with this before, so it shouldn't be too hard for you, right? You can work without me, I know you will.

It's hard for you to accept but, this is the reality. People die and we should try to move on - don't dwell on me too much, okay? Don't blame yourself either. It's not healthy for you.

I don't die in regret, because I have you. I have you as my grandson. And never forget that you are my grandson no matter what happen. You're part of the family, part of my family.

This is my last favor; I'm giving you my last hope so that if you feel life is unfair, think about it one more time. Think of me like you always do; speak of me in easy tone you always used. Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.

Learn to let me go, I can't be out of your mind, just because I was out of your sight, you know that.

Live the life like you always do as life means all that it ever meant; it is the same as it ever was.
 
 
 
                                                                                                                                                                                       With Love & Gratitude,
 
 Grandpa C.      
 
 
- 110621 -