Spilled Emotion

The Existence of Life

Character: Donghae, Siwon     

 

       Spotting Donghae carries Ryeohyun with a bridal style, Ryeowook thanks the taller male, "You can put her in any room available. Thanks hyung."

       Acknowledge the gratitude; Donghae tilts his head in alternating up and down. Gently lays the girl onto the mattress, Donghae rises up to the door once he has draped a blanket over the shivering frame when a hand on the wrist halts his step.

       Smiling at the sleepy girl, "You should be sleeping. Want some warm milk?" Donghae asked in hushed tone.

       Tapping lightly the mattress besides her; Ryeohyun demands, "Sing to me."

       "I can't sing. You know that."

       "Liar. You are a composer; you should know how to sing. Though, Ryeowook-Appa is better than you." Ryeohyun leans his head on Donghae's thigh.

       Huffing in annoyance, "Someday, I will be better than your Ryeowook-Appa." Starts humming a soothing refrain, Donghae's hand dances over the blonde hair.

       "I like you the best. You know why?"

       The comfortable silence in the dim-lit room doesn't stay for too long when Ryeohyun tilts her head to Donghae, staring at the eyes, "You know why?" Shaking his head side by side; Donghae smiles sweetly to her.

       "You're supposed to give me an answer." A small sigh escapes the girl's lips.

       Resuming the previous action, Donghae remains silence for he can't think any words to answer her. His head is in the back of the bedpost, staring in lightless room ahead.

       Mumbling herself in her sleep, "I like you the best because you don't have any feelings for him."

       Donghae looks down over the sleeping figure and alarms at the tears on the pale cheeks despite the dark surrounding the room. Gently he wipes the tears away before positioning the latter on bed properly. Leaving the room, he encounters Siwon; who just standing outside the room.

       Smiling, Siwon casually drapes his arm around his friend's shoulder - tugging the almost stumble Donghae to the pool. Siwon then makes a hot chocolate for them after abandons the composer on the couch.


       "Stop daydreaming already!" Siwon hands the mug to the male next to him.

       Preoccupies with thoughts, Siwon decides to blurt softly the word, "She told me that on the day I brought her to Kyuhyun."

       Closing his eyes, Donghae smiles weakly, "She knows from the start, isn't it?"