Bold Disclosure

The Existence of Life

 

Character: Ryeowook, Henry

 

       "Why my opinion matters to you? Surely, everyone else told you the same thing, right?"

       If not for the persistent request the younger kept making Ryeowook had to answer, Henry could brush it off like it was the daily basis opinion-related matter he always asked from the elder male.


       "...I just want to make sure I'd make the right decision, for me." Henry nervously laughed, "Yeah, just making sure."

       In actuality, Henry has sought after the other guys' advises regarding his plan in becoming an artist. But he adamantly, wanted to listen to Ryeowook the most. The fact that Zhoumi also told him the very same tip and advices just like what Ryeowook has said, didn't cross the younger mind as he was too eager not to compare that those wise words are exactly the same.


       "If this is what you want and truly love to do, then go ahead. Nothing shouldn't be in your way, because you've decide to do this. You are smart, Henry. I know you have analysed all the consequences before you bring this matter up to everyone else, right? You have made up your mind long ago. If I told you, 'you can't', I know you're not going to listen to me. In the end, the choice is in your hands, not me, not even everyone else. So, I wish all the best to you."

       Just like that, Henry pursued the audition talent that happened to be the day after that, which happened to be the last day, without any hesitation. Although, the others are shocked at Henry's sudden change of mind; they couldn't stop speculating this with the certain male.

       And when Ryeowook heard this from someone who is reliable enough not to make both parties argue with each other, the elder called Henry. Somehow, the strained tension that Henry felt, alleviated when he didn't have to converse with the other male on the screen, only audio would do, judging how he dreaded the reaction came from the elder male.


       "Did you like me, Henry?"

       "...Well you're kind, caring and nice. Everyone likes you, so do I."

       "I think you know what I meant."

       Silence crept between the two males. Henry didn't really want to admit this but it was insanely impossible when the elder male was too obstinate to his liking.

       "Henry, pl ---"

       "I love you." Out of voluntary, the words flew out. "I love you all along and I'm going to keep it that way."

       "I'm sorry." Ryeowook's voice came out soft, with an underlying sad tone inside it. "I don't know what I should do to make this isn't the way it is. I..."

       "I know Ryeowook, I know." Balled his hand into a fist, the younger kept his emotion in check before spoke, without giving away how tough the situation was going to be, especially on his part. "I didn't expect you to actually acknowledge my feeling. However, I want to hope that whatever you'd hear from me doesn't going to make you avoid me. I want to stay as your friend."

 

 

 

p/s: I don't think Ryeowook doesn't know about Henry's romantic feeling towards him. He just acts nonchalant about the whole thing. And he feels the need to tell that he-is-not-interested-in-relationship thing until he deems it is the right time. Unfortunately, the perfect right timing is not something that he can forecast. As much as I feel bad towards Henry, there is no way for one sided love to be reciprocate.