Earnest Yearning

The Existence of Life

Character: Kyuhyun, Ryeohyun

 

 

       Donghae and Yesung both leave Kyuhyun when they agree to leave the lanky male - using a signal. Not that the sign is necessary; Kyuhyun has been in his own world as they start talking to each other. Besides, Kyuhyun doesn't seem to mind their business. Nonetheless he catches every sentence.

       Pacing towards the bench, he rests down next to the girl - eating the ice cream without paying attention to her but the crowds around them.

       After some time, Ryeohyun leans into Kyuhyun; facing the male. By now, all the ice creams are both have finished.

       The little girl watches her father intently; all the uneasiness from earlier, the pent-up frustration that she suppressed all this while melding with the guilt that brewing her veins has inflicted upon her a lump on the throat.

       Strange warm feeling starts to edge in, leaving her slightly disconcerts. What has happen?

       Out of her conscience, Ryeohyun traces every outlines on the man's face. "I like your eyes." The finger goes down to the bridge of a nose, "I like your nose. I like your lips. I like your smile." Almost fluttering, she touches the face with both hands on each side of cheek, "I like your face. I like everything." She concludes with beautiful smile frames her face.

       Startled, Kyuhyun does the same thing. He thinks he must have been out of his right mind when his finger dances around the smaller face. "I like your eyes, too. I like your nose, too. I like your lips, too." Sudden overwhelming within him stops him in the mid-sentence. His finger lingers on the right's cheek. "I like your smile, too. I like your face, too." A tear flows from the girl's eyes, "I like everything, too."

       Kyuhyun notices that tears have stained his face the moment he had paused in the middle yet he continues the action despite the images in front of him getting blurry. In the end, they both are crying mess. Ignoring the crowd, they hug each other tightly while crying their eyes out.

       They must have been missing out each other too much.

       

       The duo who are seating across the father and daughter watch the heart-breaking scene. Donghae's heart is bruising each passing seconds when he sees Kyuhyun's tears while rubbing gently Ryeohyun's backside - reassuring her without uttering any words.

       Yesung thinks if love is a wondrous work of arts then the emotional roller coaster that experienced by Kyuhyun and Ryeohyun must be too wondrous to classify as affection.

       Too wondrous that it hurts both of them.

       Too wondrous that it affects people who are watching them.

       Too wondrous that it stirs the heart of a person who is closed to them.