Crestfallen

The Existence of Life

 

 

Character: Sungmin, Eunhyuk

 

       The executive then intertwines his fingers with the elder's, walking towards Eunhyuk's expensive car. Sungmin who too preoccupied doesn't realize this - the interlaced hands - because he actually will forcefully pulls his hands away from such act. He only enjoys himself if certain designer does that to him, not anyone else.

       While Eunhyuk prepares himself for the outburst from the elder, he can say that he is quite surprised when he feels the psychologist tightens the hold. But, of course the executive reminds himself that Sungmin probably doesn't realize what he has been doing.

       Nevertheless, he can't help to feel extremely giddy over the fact that he can finally relish his fantasy to actually touch the smooth surface of the other hands, though he is the only one who secretly enjoys this.

       When both of male has seated on their respective seats on Eunhyuk's car, Sungmin then blurts something out, so slow, so soft that if Eunhyuk doesn't stare at the pretty male beside him attentively, he wouldn't hear the exact words.

       "He wants us to move on."

       "Huh?" The only response the executive can draw out.

        But Sungmin, who still in his world stays silence. Closing his eyes, the psychologist leans his body against the passenger seat, wanting the world to stop exhausting him from whatever it is.

        Eunhyuk too startled to say anything, keeps eyes training on the other male. His whirling thoughts trying to figure out what the 'move on' part means - the only words he manages to catch on.

        When the brain doesn't want to cooperate with him, and the passive Sungmin adds into the equation, the executive gives up. Igniting the fuel mixture in an internal-combustion engine to life, he backs out from the parking lot before driving them out to the highway.

        If only driving can simply throws questions out from the window, he would always choose this option and make it as his number one habit.

        Sadly, that's not how life operates.




       Just after humming the engine down, and before the male behind the wheel can maneuver the gear to the parking mode, Sungmin touches his hand, instantly freezing him up, confusion clouding his mind.

       Retracting his hand, Sungmin stares at the executive. "He doesn't love Ryeowook with all his heart anymore. Do you believe him?"

       "Who is him ?"

       "He said that we all should move on, because we have our own lives to take care of." Laughing bitterly, Sungmin drops his gaze. "He must be out of his mind to say such things."

       "The move on thing...?" Slowly Eunhyuk replies with a question, while his hands swiftly switching the gear to P mode.

       "Yes! I can't believe, after all this time, for freaking eight years he's just going to give up. Love doesn't supposed to make us feel weak, right? Right?!"

       Maybe one would flinches away at the sudden outburst, but not him.

       The executive quickly wraps his strong arms around the other male albeit meeting with some powerful struggle before it dies down, trapping between the chest.

       "I should never bring the conversation up. But then he should know not to ask me to simply move on! Because, that the hardest thing he asks me to do."

       For the life of Lee Sungmin, he really respects Yesung for the endless love the lawyer harbors towards the designer. And if the same decent guy gives merit to someone else while at the same time demote his own self for thinking he does not deserve the beautiful Ryeowook, then what he should think then?

       The deep, highly admiration suddenly loses its hold, falling out of balance, falls everything within him apart. No, his heart is still remaining intact - fortunately - but he can't say the same thing to his mind right now.

       The wiring in his head waiting for any moments now, before the smooth sharp jab snaps everything within him, shutting him off completely.

       Does that mean he should backs away, too?

       Does that mean he has to give up now the chances are seem too slim to pull through?

       Does that mean Yesung really and actually loses his mind like he thought he is, or the lawyer simply wants to prepare himself for another heartbreak?

       The psychologist doesn't even notice by now that he actually cries in front of people, in front of his friend. The salty tears of Sungmin drench Eunhyuk's tux and falls onto the executive's heart.

       Startled by this, Eunhyuk does what he does best - tightens his hand around the crying male more, while sliding his hand up and down on the latter backside. The heaviness of his heart can't contain when the elder tugs his dress shirt tightly, desperately as in trying to control the tears but to no avail. The tears keep on pouring like a landslide from the steep slope, unstoppable.

       "... You move on, because you have to." Practically, the executive maybe or maybe not know who tells Sungmin about the 'move on' thing, but he doesn't about to take a guess now. Because what matters now is to pacify the whimpering male in his arm, albeit he doesn't know how to, he just uttering anything to make the cry stop - that is his goal, for the night.

      "... But you bring him in your heart." Perhaps, Eunhyuk knows all along what troubling the elder the moment the 'move on' slips out the psychologist mouth. He just pretends that it doesn't hurt him, pretends that he doesn't acknowledge anything.

      It's hurt truth to be told, because when you love someone, it's never over, and the flame never dies out.

 

 

 

p/s: Another heartbreak. I don't know how many more heart will be broken, but I do know that each one of them doesn't even deserve these pain/angst/torment. I do feel bad about it.

 

"It is only with true love and compassion that we can begin to mend what is broken in the world." - Steve Maraboli.