Ring's Refinement

The Existence of Life

Character: Changmin, Victoria, Ryeowook, Kyuhyun

 

       "I'm sorry Kyuhyun-shi, for all the trouble Changmin gives to you."

       "Don't be so formal. I guess, you are my friend now, since I befriend with your fiancee' and its okay. I give him more trouble back then." Kyuhyun shrugs before facing Changmin besides him.

       "So, you just came from the hospital?"

       Nodding lightly, Kyuhyun relaxes his long limb comfortably. "I just ended my shift for the day. By the way, Min, I thought we are going to take a look on the suits?"

       Stirring the straw in the tall glass, the singer observes the designer in front of him. "We will, after we drop Ryeowook back at his office building."

       Facing Changmin, the designer then speaks, "It's okay. My friend will pick me up here. I don't want to be a burden to you."

       Victoria looks over the male beside her, "You're not a burden. Fine, we'll wait for your friend before we leave here, okay? And who's going to come? Heechul? Eunhyuk?"

       Chuckling lightly, Ryeowook softly replies, "I don't know yet. I've text in our group conversation and I just have to wait to see who is free." Small smile frames his features, "And I doubt Heechul or Eunhyuk is going to fetch me up. They are busy with their schedule."

       "Wow Ryeowook! You have many famous friends!"

       Ryeowook grins widely, "I've heard that every time. Guess, I'm fortunate, huh?"

       Understanding her fiancee's feeling perfectly, she then remembers the conversation earlier, "You said you might know one florist. Who is it?"

       Giving a side-glance to Kyuhyun, Ryeowook softly speaks, "Ah, I realized that I'm not very sure if she still runs the shop."

       The whole subtle gestures don't escape Changmin's sharp eyes. He eyes his once online buddy with full of doubts.

       Kyuhyun, who catches the small sign, remains stoic the whole time, doesn't give any rooms for misunderstanding to his smart friend to speculate about later.

       He then proposes his sister's name to her, "My sister owns a floral shop. I can recommend you to her, if you want."

       "Wow, this is great. Thanks, Kyuhyun."

       Smiling in return, the doctor can see the slight reassurance on the smaller male's face albeit he's done a good job in masking it.

       Setting the lemon-lime seltzer on the table, the waiter quickly dismisses herself upon receiving silent gratitude from Kyuhyun.

       Kyuhyun raises his left hand to hold the cold beverage, as in to check how cold the drink is going to be. Victoria then glances at Kyuhyun and surprised to see the silver band on the latter finger. It looks familiar to her, though.

       "You have a nice ring, Kyuhyun."

       Perplexed, Kyuhyun looks over her before casting his eyes down on the ring. He knows the smaller male possesses it, too and he tries to act nonchalant about it though he is quite nervous to hide it under the table.

       Changmin then grabs Kyuhyun's left hand, observes the band closely only to blurt out, "It has the same refinement."

       "What's the same?"

       "The ring has the same refinement with Ryeowook's."

       "I thought so, too." Expecting the answer from her fiancee', she immediately takes a hold of Ryeowook's hand, raising it in front of her, high enough that Changmin clearly can see the metallic silver shines.

       Paled, the designer doesn't have any options left, than to let the soon-husband-and-wife take a look at the ring. While the designer drops his gaze on the drink, he can feel that Victoria is watching him intently before diverting her gaze to Kyuhyun.

       Changmin casts the same look, with many thoughts whirl around his head - trying to form any possibilities. The odd behaviors that the both males exude as soon they met each other earlier, certainly add up.

       Granting that he knows the doctor has married before, he doesn't have any idea who is Kyuhyun's partner - not, when the doctor always avoiding the marriage topic. He respects the other male's privacy so, he never question him about it, although at times, he is dying to know.

       Now, that his puzzle finally completed he feels like it is rather useless. He wants to throw it far away from him, but he knows that the truth will always remain, whether he likes it or not. He has to admit it sooner or later.

 

 

p/s: This is coming around before The Wedding chapter happens, and now that the newly-wed couple has known about this - that Ryeowook and Kyuhyun has married to each other, they seem to concern about both their friends. I supposed they felt a little bit unsettled because they are the one who is getting married yet the other relationship is still left in hanging.