Missing Company

The Existence of Life

 

Character: Donghae, Siwon

 

       Siwon spends his entire evening with Donghae at the latter's apartment. After having a lunch at Hankyung's restaurant, they head straight to apartment.

       Put an end to all his appointments for the day, the tall lawyer relaxes his limb on the couch in Donghae's composing room. Currently, watching the composer works on his keyboard; he asks, "You had a dinner at Ryeowook's last night?"

       Not expecting any answer sooner, the taller male fixes his eyes on the file he brings, in case Donghae is too busy to keep him company. It does help though, every time it happens. He won't be the one who complains as he knows both of them is extremely busy with their own profession.

       Revising the music sheet all over again, the composer answers back only when he satisfies with the overall music sheet, "Hmm, we bought a dinner for them because Ryeowook is too tired to cook."

       "We?"

       Placing the pen down on the keyboard, Donghae turns to face the taller male, who is bracing his own weight with a hand supporting the head, his long legs entangled with each other, while his fingers of the other hand tapping lightly on the couch.

       "Eunhyuk and I." Continue to stare at the lawyer; Donghae then explains, "I came to his apartment to finalize our latest single before Ryeohyun called me, asking me to buy food for her and Ryeowook."

       Nodding lightly, Siwon reads the entire page carefully, without missing any information. He, however stops when he realizes the other male is staring at him intently. Lifting his head up slightly, he meets the stare before he sits properly on the couch, "What?"

       "You're bored."

       "I'm not."

       "Yes, you are. Look, I have another sheet to revise and I'm sorry, I can't entertain you."

       Sitting more comfortably, Siwon grabs the case file beside him. "No, I'm not bored. It's okay. I don't really want you to entertain me, anyway." He begins to read the same paragraph all over again, "You can continue doing your work and I continue doing my work."

       Sighing under his breath, Donghae eyes the taller male. "But, you're going to distract me. Fine, you're not bored but you look like you going to die anytime soon when I don't entertain you."

       Siwon knows he is not going to win this argument, so he opts to stay silence. He keeps on reading whatever on the file and instantly, he becomes lost around the black ink letters.

       "See? How about this, I spend an hour on this music sheet then after that I accompany you. So, for now, you can take a nap on my bed?"

       Exhaling a groan, the lawyer put down the document down. "Fine." Pulling himself to his feet, he steps out from the room. "Wake me up when you're done, okay?"

       "I will."