Innuendo

The Existence of Life

 

Character: Kyuhyun

 

        How life never ceases to amaze him - he should has known that after all those years. 

        Stupid Kyuhyun - he mentally mumbles to himself. There, in the waiting area near the entrance gate are his taller friend with a cute girl - probably 8-9 years old; smiles beautifully to him. 

        Kyuhyun scans the whole area and surprisingly enough, he finds his cousin with the waving Sungmin beside him. Stunned, he averts his eyes to Heechul, Kibum and Shindong who just look as surprised as he is. 

        What the hell! His ears catches some words utter by Eunhyuk and Donghae with the smiling Henry who just waves his hands directly towards him.

        Kyuhyun takes a very deep breath; attempting to calm his nerves and he then stares back to the girl in front of Siwon.

        The girl wears a bright lavender gown with a pastel pink trying to mix in the dominant color. She has a blonde straight hair and she has his eyes - hazel eyes. 

        A sudden flash comes to his hazy mind and the flash or rather the image catches him out of guard. More images flood his brain and this time the images become vivid as he remembers precisely the breathtaking smile.

        "Ryeowook," Kyuhyun whispers. In a matter of second, he finds the girl is advancing towards him with tentative steps and unconsciously he bends his body down to meet the girl's eye level. They stare at each other. 

        Still in his hazy state, Kyuhyun seem can't comprehend what has happened - he just stares blankly at her. 

        "You have my eyes," she speaks softly. 

        The closed distance between them suddenly disappears and Kyuhyun notices that the girl has flings her arms on the crook of his neck. A small cry from her and the dampness of his nylon shirt shoves Kyuhyun back to the reality.

        Panic by the sudden outburst, Kyuhyun widens his eyes and frantically searching for Siwon or anyone while he the girl's back gently. The girl tightens his arm around Kyuhyun as her tears flow steadily through his cheeks. 

        Anxiety clouds his sense when the said figures are nowhere to be found. 

        Think, Kyuhyun. Think! - He mentally shouts to himself. Kyuhyun feels that all eyes have been directed to him and he decides to ignore all the questioning glares - he has a task at the moment.

        Nothing comes to his mind - he doesn't even know how to pacify the little girl. Sighing lightly, Kyuhyun begins to humming a song - a song he knows very well by heart. Kyuhyun surprised though that the song comes almost immediately even after 8 years he doesn't acknowledge it.