Ireland's Confidant

The Existence of Life

Character: Leeteuk, Kangin, Kyuhyun

 

       Kyuhyun takes the rubber glove off from his left hand with his right fingers before he proceeds on the other hand and dumps the disposable glove in the waste container. Heading to the wards, he turns his phone on and realizes he has missed ten calls from the same person.

       He slides the answering button quickly once the said person is calling him. Putting the cellphone inches away from his ear, Kyuhyun waits for the oncoming screams only to meet a dead silence.

       "Kyuhyun." A calm voice is evident on the receiving end.

       "Hyung?" Deceived Kyuhyun regrets that he brings the phone near his ear once he thought there is nothing to endanger his ear.

       "Where'd the hell have you been?!" He perceives the other voice on the phone is pacifying the caller.

       "Sorry. I was in the operation room."

       "Pick us up at the airport this instant!"

       Panic settles on the dreading Kyuhyun. Running off to his office, he stumbles upon Jonghyun and asks him to cover his works momentarily. Throwing the white coat on the seat, he grabs his jacket.

       Fasten the seat belt; he drives out from the building. Kyuhyun promptly forces his brain to remember the last conversation with his hyung. Confirming the location with the less angry male, he speeds up to the said airport.


       Approaching the sulky male, he smiles apologetically, "Sorry, hyung. I totally forget about this."

       The latter didn't reply instead it is the broad-shaped male standing beside them who is hugging Kyuhyun, "It's okay, Kyuhyun. Just ignore him."

       Putting the luggage at the back of the car, Kyuhyun tentatively inquires, "Where are you staying?"

       "Do we look like we have a place to stay?"

       Infuriated by the absurd response, Kyuhyun masks his annoyance and makes contact with the other male, "I'll wait in the car."

       The composed one out of them sits on the passenger seat, "We would like to stay at your apartment, if you don't mind. I think Leeteuk-hyung has already told you that and I guess you're really tired to remember it. It's okay, I supposed."

       Kangin doesn't know to whom the last part is intended to, though. It works both ways - the male on the back seat and the lanky male behind the wheel.


       

       Remains ignorant, Leeteuk follows the pair in front of him into the elevator. Although he feels bad snapping at the younger male, he doesn't trust himself to utter any 'sorry' word - not when he is in a defense mode.

       "Treat my apartment like your own house, hyung. I have enough ingredients for your lunch." Inspecting the fridge, Kyuhyun adds, "I buy us dinner but my shift end at 8. You can wait, right." Checking his watch on the left wrist, Kyuhyun says, "I have to go back to the hospital. See you later, hyung."

       Walking to the front door, Kyuhyun announces excitedly, "Welcome back, hyung!"

       Kangin walks over towards the man on the couch - handing a glass of water. "You can take a nap. I'm capable to fix our lunch."

       Lying down on the couch, Leeteuk briefly closes his eyes only to shots open the lids. He paces to the kitchen counter and watches silently the other male prepares their meals.

       "I'm sorry for troubling you."

       Surprised by the voice, Kangin turns himself - facing the latter, he points out, "You should say that to Kyuhyun."

       "I know."