Rough Night

The Existence of Life

 

Character: Hankyung, Shindong, Donghae, Ryeowook

 

 

       "Want a drink?" Shindong sits beside Ryeowook on the bench in front of the field.

       "You lose already?" Asking lazily with a tired smile, Ryeowook takes the glass, "Thanks."

       Nodding in approving, "I'm the first one, though. I repeat the same word. I want to win the game badly. Such a waste!" Shindong laughs it off.

       "Are you volunteering yourself?" Ryeowook asks directly with his eyes on the choreographer.

       Steading his breath, Shindong meets the gaze, "Are you running away?"

       It does not last long enough when Ryeowook's stare begin to waver. "I ask you first," He quietly whispers before sipping on the glass.

       "It doesn't matter who is going to comfort you. Everyone wants to comfort the damsel in distress." Shindong smirks when Ryeowook kicks him in the leg and he doesn't give a chance for Ryeowook to retort, "You've come this far. We both know what you are doing right now is not for the best. I love you Ryeowook. So, don't cry yourself out."

       Shindong rises to his feet and pats Ryeowook gently on the back before leaving the smaller alone.

 




       Ryeowook sees Hankyung advances towards the bench and the well-built man quickly explains, "They think I'm the best candidate for you."

       "Shindong-hyung comes first," Ryeowook claims with amusing expression across his face.

       "Ah, right. Then, I'm the second best candidate." Ryeowook's lips crook into a big grin while Hankyung laughs at his own statement.

       Leaning his head on the taller male's shoulder, Ryeowook draws imaginary line on the latter's palm.

       "Want to tell me what happen?"

       "Nothing happen except you guys fool me, again. I hate that, you know."
 
       "We know you hate that but we love doing that to you, you know. Come on, tell me. I will keep this private and confidential."

       Sighing heavily, Ryeowook let the silence does the talking. He then draws some words on the palm. "Did I run away?"

       "Shindong said that to you, right?" Ryeowook tilts his head up and down. "Are you kidding me? Even Ryeohyun knows you run away."

       Ryeowook hits the elder male's chest hard. "What?"

       "Could you please not rub it off on my face? Seriously, I hate you guys."

       Storming to other places, he hears Hankyung's yell, "I know you not meant it. Do what your heart tell you to do, Ryeowook-ah."




       Ten minutes later Donghae finds Ryeowook at the guest room sitting by the big transparent window; looking at the night sky absently.

       "You're not crying yourself out, right?"

       Familiar with the voice; Ryeowook remains his eyes on the silver stars above him, "Why everyone keeps telling me that?"

       Not quite understand the composer inquires, "Tell you what?"

       Anger inside him is bubbling and the dump question by Donghae certainly doesn't make him feel better. Turning himself towards the door, "That I shouldn't cry myself out! Why should I cry? What would I cry myself over with? I hate saying that I hate you guys."

       Ryeowook turns his back on Donghae once again. "Seriously, I hate you guys for figuring me out," he whispers. A tear comes down falling onto the pale cheek.

       Hearing the silent sobbing from the smaller, Donghae quickens his step only to back-hugging the frame. Then, he turns the male around and letting the latter to cry himself on his chest.

       "I don't know what I should do. I'm tired, hyung." Still on Donghae's chest, Ryeowook says after calming himself down before fresh tears escape his eyes again.