Trinity

Falling Star

"She didn't see us..." a male voice said.

"She looked at me, I swear! You guys don't believe me?" another male voice said in frustration.

"Shhhh... she's starting to move," another voice said, "let's calm down, I think there's people coming."

Embedded image permalink

Byeol slowly opened her eyes and there were three strange guys at that the edge of her bed.

"Whaaaa..." she tried to get up but there was a mask on her and there were strange tubing around her, she removed the mask from her face. A pain struck her right temple, she reached up for it and noticed an IV on her right arm. What had happened to her? The last thing she remembered was getting ready to go to her school trip with Soobin and Gina. She then remembered the three strangers in the room with her, she looked up at them. One looked like Lee Seung Gi but with dark bluish hair, he was standing so still he looked like a statue. The second one had dark red hair, he looked so handsome, and Byeol couldn't take her eyes off of him. The third looked like an angel, white skin with blonde hair very slim, his eyes were so big Byeol thought she must have looked hideous, she quickly covered herself up with her sheet.

"How long have I been here?" Byeol started to panic.

The three men looked at each other and began to panic themselves.

The Angel grabbed Handsome's shoulder, "She sees us?!?"

"Where's everyone?" Byeol tried to remember what happened, "How did I get here?" tears began to comes down, "Where's my mom?"

Blue started to talk and just then there was voices coming from outside the door. Byeol looked towards the door, it began to open.

"Looks like she's up," the man with the white coat said as he walked in Byeol's mother was behind him following close.

Byeol thought he must be the doctor and her mom she looks so different, looks like she has aged since she last saw her, had she been sleeping for years?

"Mom, what's going on?" Byeol's voice started to shake, "Why am I here?"

Her mother came to her side, "You're were in an accident," her mother looked over Byeol. "I told you to be careful, you're always so clumsy, the girls at school said you were walking and talking and didn't see the steps in front of you, that's when you feel and hit your head."

"Whaaa..." Byeol didn't understand, none of it made sense.

The doctor gave a sympathetic look towards Byeol, he sat down on her bed and looked at her eye level, "Now Byeol what is the last thing you remember?"

Byeol touched her forehead, she felt a little dizzy and her vision was slightly blurred.

The doctor slowed his speech down, "Byeol... my name... is Doctor Kang... you came... in with the ambulance... you had a fall... you're going to be okay... we did some scans... to check your head... right now... it looks like... a concussion... you lose consciousness... something’s... maybe blurry... give it time."

Byeol looked around the room, "Where did the three guys go?"

The doctor looked around, "Who?"

"There were three guys here when I woke up," Byeol looked around again, she was sure she saw them. "The three guys that were dressed in suits?"

The doctor got up from the bed and went to the door and opened it, he grabbed a folder and began to look through it, “Nurse..." he started to wave someone over. A female dressed in a flower top and purple pants came to him and they started talking.

Byeol looked at her mother, "How long have I been here?"

Her mother was still standing there, she looked at the clock, "Almost a day, you've been a sleep most of the time. I got a call yesterday around 8 pm that you were in the hospital. A social worker was here with you, she asked me about our living conditions. What have you been telling your friends?" Her mother sounded so upset, "So, I've been here all night, thinking about what to do. You want to live with your father?" She arched her left eyebrow, "I gave him years and years of being his slave, why can't I live my life now? I'm the one that has to take care of you. He left you behind." She stopped and turned towards the doctor who was now finished talking with the nurse.

"Well, Byeol there were no visitors that came into this room. I'm not sure what you saw but the nurse said no one has come to your room since this morning and that was when the morning doctor was doing his rounds. Now, do you feel able to take a walk around, slowly that is... Just to see if you are okay to go home?" the doctor looked at Byeol's mother, "That's if you prefer her to stay another night, but her tests looks fine like I said. Maybe just some trouble with vision, dizziness, headaches; if they get worse or she starts to vomit or faint bring her in right away. Other than that she should be fine."

Hesitant, Byeol's mother nodded her head and look at her daughter, "Does she need to be watched around the clock?" she looked at the doctor, "I mean I could ask for leave but I'm not sure what my boss will say."

The doctor looked at Byeol and then to her mother, "I didn't know you worked, I'm sorry. Well, she is okay but it's up to her if she wants to stay we'll keep her another night and discharge her tomorrow morning."

"What time tomorrow..." she was now avoiding eye contact with Byeol and Dr. Kang, "it's just that I sometimes I work late at night to early in the morning and I may not be able to pick her up myself."

"Well, Mrs. Lee she needs a parent or guardian in order to discharge her. I understand there is a Social Worker that will be meeting with you as well when she is discharged." Dr. Kang began to write in Byeol's chart.

Byeol's mother cleared her voice, "Well, I will call my work and ask for emergency leave and watch her tonight. So, if you will... do what you need to do so we can be on our way."

"Very well," the doctor sat on Byeol's bed again, "are you okay with leaving today? It's okay if you are not, I just want to make sure you are fine."

Byeol still trying to make sense of everything looked at her mother who was giving her a stern warning with her eyes and to Dr. Kang who was looking worried; back and forth she looked.

"I'll be okay, it's just a little bump," she smiled hoping Dr. Kang would just discharge her and her mother wouldn't be in such a foul mood.

"Sounds good," Dr. Kang got up, I'll start with the paperwork if you will follow me." The two walked out of the room leaving Byeol alone.

Byeol looked around the room once more, she must have been imagining things. It all seemed so real, the three guys in her room... but they were nowhere in sight.