Dream

Falling Star

The boys had nagged her about talking to Ghost Boy and she held her ground that nothing happened, as far as she knew he didn’t remember the handkerchief. After settling that he wasn’t mute, he wasn’t a ghost… well, he was just a weird hermit.

Byeol kept her feelings to herself this time, she wanted to know more about Ghost Boy but didn’t want to sound like a loser. She looked around her room once more for his handkerchief with no luck at all.

That night she dreamed of Ghost Boy again.

They were both in the bus, it was empty but they were sitting together. Byeol was trying to look for Blue, Red and Blondie but they were nowhere in sight. She looked at Ghost Boy who was staring out the window, just before she was going to talk he interrupted.

“You see those guys right there?” Ghost Boy was talking to Byeol.

Byeol looked out the window and saw Blue, Red and Blondie talking with each other, they looked so happy. Blue was smiling, while Red and Blondie were laughing. There’s no way Ghost Boy sees them she thought.

“Those guys don’t know it but they’re dead,” Ghost Boy now looked at Byeol. “You know the weird thing about it all?”

Byeol’s heart started to beat fast and couldn’t think of what to say.

“The weird part about it, is you’re alive but no one else sees you but them,” Ghost Boy was still staring at Byeol.

Byeol looked back at Blue, Red and Blondie and this time they were staring back at her. They began to wave and shout at her and when she turn back to Ghost Boy he was gone. Byeol was alone in the bus and it started to move, she stood up in the bus and tried to get off but the bus didn’t stop. When she looked back out the window Blue, Red and Blondie were chasing after the bus calling her name.  

Byeol awoke to darkness, she sat up in bed and wiped the beads of sweat of her forehead.

“Are you okay?” Blue asked sitting at the end of Byeol’s bed.

“Huh?” Byeol couldn’t answer the question.

“Did you have a bad dream?” Blue’s silhouette was still at the edge of the bed.

“Where’s Red and Blondie?” Byeol rubbed her eyes.

“You’re mom’s sleeping in the living room and left the TV on. They’re watching some drama,” Blue’s voice was soothing. “Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Yeah, just a nightmare. Must have been the popcorn and soda over load,” Byeol said with a sleepy smile in her voice.

“Maybe you should go to sleep, it’s pretty late,” Blue didn’t move but he seemed so close to Byeol.

Byeol laid back down and curled to her side to stare at Blue’s shadow figure. “Did you have fun today?”

Blue’s slight chuckle made Byeol smile herself. “Yeah,” Blue began. “It was different.”

“I had fun today,” Byeol started playing with her bed sheet. “You think I’m weird?”

“Huh?” caught off guard Blue didn’t know where this conversation was headed.

“You think I’m weird? I mean if you weren’t what you are now, and you saw me on the bus talking to myself or talking to Ghost Boy. Would you think I’m weird?” Byeol’s voice sounded awake and confused.

Blue was silent for a minute thinking about how to answer. “If I wasn’t me…” Blue looked around the dark room trying to find a word to continue. “I don’t know what I am but if I was able to be seen or heard by everyone else…” Blue’s voice began to sound stressful.

“It’s okay,” Byeol felt his frustration. “You don’t have to answer.”

“I think you’re weird,” he said without waiting for her to respond. “You try to please everyone and never give yourself a break. You are so worried about what everyone else thinks that you close yourself off to everyone around you.”

Byeol wasn’t expecting such a response but didn’t say anything.

“Ghost Boy maybe weird but he doesn’t try to entertain anyone. He’s closed off to the world, but he doesn’t take pity from anyone. That’s the difference,” Blue continued. “But, being whatever I am…” Blue was looking at Byeol. “I don’t feel as lonely as before I met you. I don’t remember much before you, but I no longer feel an emptiness. I actually remember things with you.”

“Oh,” Byeol was trying to take it all in and now felt the warm tears that trickled down from her eyes.

“You give me hope that one day, I will know who I am,” Blue’s voice began to sound far off.

Byeol looked up again wiping her tears and Blue was now standing by her window, she could see him better. His back was facing her and he seemed so distant she wanted to comfort him. “You know, I thought I felt you when I was at the theater, but I didn’t know what to say,” Byeol sat up again.

Blue turned around to her, “I wanted to ask you about it but I didn’t want to talk about it in front of the other guys.” He was walking back towards Byeol. “I had this warm tingling feeling when you tried to elbow me.”

Byeol smile, “To me, it felt cold.”

Blue sat back down at the edge of the bed, “Maybe it was nothing.”

“If you felt something and I felt something, it wasn’t nothing,” Byeol slowly reached out to Blue.

Blue watched her hands slowly come closer to him. He didn’t want to feel nothing, he was tired of the emptiness that plagued his being. He sat there still and waited, hoping to feel the warm feeling again.

Before Byeol reached his right shoulder she stopped. She looked at Blue and waited for him to tell her to stop or call her a weirdo.

Blue looked at Byeol who was just an inch away from him, her eyes were waiting for him to say something. He was stuck on either standing up or telling her she was hopeless, but he didn’t do both. Blue turned towards her, closed his eyes and lowered his face to her reaching hand.

Byeol held her breath afraid of feeling nothing, her right hand was centimeters away from his left chin. Once again she felt an icy tingling at her fingertips spreading to her palm.

Blue was too afraid to open his eyes, he didn’t want this feeling of warmness go away. He felt Byeol’s hand on his cheek and it was the first time in a long time he didn’t feel lost.

Lost in an unfamiliar connection, Byeol closed her eyes and let out an icy breath that was long over do. Her heart was numb from something she couldn’t pin point. Her hand was slowing gliding up Blue’s chiseled chin towards his jaw, going up towards his ear when her thumb felt his lips. She had never been this close to anyone before.

Blue overcome with nameless feelings felt her thumb by his lips, it was the first time he had ever felt this.

“What are you guys doing?” Red asked with a troubled tone.

Byeol’s eyes opened and Blue was no longer there, her arm felt almost frozen. She looked up and saw two figures standing at the end of the bed, it was Red and Blondie. Byeol looked at her hand that felt so cold she balled her hand into a fist and trying to get feeling back into it.

“What happened?” Blondie asked one more time, hoping Byeol would at least answer.

Byeol looked for Blue but couldn’t see him. “I think I was dreaming…” Byeol didn’t know what else to say. “Where’s Blue?”

Red cleared his throat, “I think he’s in the living room.”

Byeol laid back down and tucked her hand under her pillow. She closed her eyes and tried to think if it was a dream after all.

“You’re mom left,” Blondie said quietly.

“I’m going back to sleep,” Byeol whispered.

 

 


 

 

For those that want to know who Blue is Jun.Q

90f53130c56b60f6