Message

Falling Star

Byeol's day at school was horrible. Besides being 45 minutes late, Byeol entered her classroom with no school supplies. However, the worst was yet to follow. She was being teased at school for being a loner so she ended up having lunch sitting in the bathroom stall. Red, Blondie and Blue were nowhere in sight at least to give her some comfort. She also had to stay in detention for being tardy and well as coming to school unprepared. After detention on the way to the bus stop she couldn't find her ipod. She was also worried about Ghost Boy, she was eager to see him sitting in back of the bus alone.

When she got back on he wasn't there, replaced was a man dressed in black that looked more like a bodyguard. He looked directly at Byeol and his eyebrows raised. Scared by the response she hurried along to sit at the nearest seat by the window. It was a lonely bus ride, she kept thinking back, where could she have lost her ipod. Her school supplies were a problem as well; but she treasured her ipod. The stop before her's she looked around the bus and noticed the bodyguard was now sitting closer to her, for some reason that scared Byeol even more. She kept thinking of the quickest way to run off the bus. 

Finally her stop came, as she was ready to stand the bodyguard was now behind her.

"I need a brief word with you," his voice was so deep and demanding she felt terrified.

Trying to ignore what he said she started to walk towards the exit without a response.

"Don't think of running off, unless you want me to follow you home and have a talk with your mother," his voice was sounding impatient now, walking directly behind Byeol.

Feeling his breath on the back of her neck she now began to sweat. Trying to keep her composure she slowed her pace and made her way out of the bus. She stood frozen at the bus stop, there was no way he was going to talk to her mother. Trying to figure out why she was in trouble her shoulder began to tremble and her stomach started feeling nauseous.

The man in black took no time to spare and ask directly, "Who are you to Gunwoo?"

Byeol tried to think who Gunwoo was. "Who?" She started to think that it was all some misunderstanding.

"You think it's funny picking on him," it was more of a statement that a question, his voice also sounded like she was being accused.

"I-I... I don't know Gunwoo," Byeol was trying to think of everyone she knew, there weren't many and none by the name of Gunwoo.

"You think it's funny?!?" Now the shouting began and she felt spit coming from his mouth. "I don't know who you are but I dispise little teenagers like you how pick on the vunerable!"

"Sir," Byeol was becoming more frighten. "I don't know what you're talking about, please... I don't know a Gunwoo."

"Stay away from him! You hear???" He was now looking directly at Byeol and whipped off his sunglasses to look into her eyes. "Are else we will have a problem..." With that said he turned around and began walking off from her.

Words stuck in her somewhere between her stomach and throat, she stood there in disbelief. It was the guy she couldn't place in the nightmare that she had after her and Blue's incident. What did it all mean? Byeol stood there trying to comprehend what had just happened. Looking in the direction of that man walking off she noticed at the end of the street a black sedan that had pulled up to the curb and in went the man. Before closing the door he looked back at her with a death stare and finally shut the door.

 

Finally making her way into her bedroom she was still shaken by what had happened at the bus stop. The three stooges were looking at her with confusion as well. She looked at them and threw herself on the bed.

"You came back late," blondie said to her.

"I had detention," she was now thinking back to this morning and looked up to Blue. "Are you okay?"

Blue didn't know what to say, because he wasn't sure if he was himself. "Why were you in detention?"

Byeol looked at all three, "I lost my school supplies somewhere... also my ipod is gone."

"Really?" Red took interest. "Where did you lose it at?"

"If I knew that it wouldn't be lost," Byeol was looking at Red.

He smiled at her, "You're right."

"I need to find your names..." Byeol exhaled her frustration and tried her best to forget the eerie man in the suit. "I think it's time."

Blonde was happy to hear those words. "That would be awesome."

Byeol looked around her room once again. "Let's see what idols do you remind me of?"

"What?!?" Blue was feeling a bit insulted. "You're going to name us after some idols?"

"Well," Byeol thought for a bit. "I mean, there are some idols that have blue, red and blonde hair. Unless you want me to keep you as Blue."

"It's better than being named after an idol," Blue was beginning to whine.

"I want G-Dragon," Red blurted out. "I think I look like him."

Byeol started to giggle, thinking about Red being named G-Dragon.

"Give me a break!" Blonde started in, if anything you are more like that guy from that show we watched the other day, Grasshopper. 

"Running Man?" Red was in disbelief.

Blue was know rolling his eyes just hearing Red and Blonde bicker.

"No, no..." Byeol was trying not to laugh. "I'm not going to call you G-Dragon, maybe Jiyong but I didn't mean..." She was now lost in thinking about calling Red G-Dragon.

"Okay, okay," embarassed to have even blurted out the name G-Dragon , Red tried to change the subject. "Just name us something cool."

"Hmmm..." Byeol was now looking at Red. "Maybe after my favorite movie? Or book?"

Blue was now staring at Byeol, "Don't name me Jane."

"Ahahaha," Blonde was pointing at Blue. "Jane!"

"No," Byeol looked at the three. Pointing at Blue, "At first I thought you hated me and I felt troubled being around you. For a moment I wanted nothing to do with you, but now... I feel safe around you. Joon. That's you. Joon..."

Blue looked at Byeol, with some regret and some gratitude he repeated the name, "Joon." It was the first time, he could ever remember feeling somewhat complete.

Now pointing a Red, "You are such a goofball, but I know if I ever had anything that troubled me... If I wanted an honest opinion, you would be the first person I would go to. Jin."

Red felt overcome with emotion he felt like he wanted to hug her but didn't want her to feel awkward. "Jin," the words trickled out of his mouth, it for some reason felt so right.

Blonde was now sitting by the window, staring out. 

Byeol saved Blonde last because she thought long and hard to get the name right. He was Heaven sent she thought, always optimistic and caring she wanted a name that made sense to her.

Blonde wasn't moving, he had fear that maybe she didn't know what to name him.

"Sae," Byeol's voice became to tremble again. "To me you are all Heaven sent, but you, Sae is my image of an angel. You are my best friend." A tear came down. "You are all my best friends, without you three I probably would be a lost soul following around Gina and Soobin still." More tears started to flow. "I'm still this outcast, but now I have you three to keep me from... from..." Now the tears were a river down her cheeks.

Sae sat down next to her and was overcome with mixed emotions. He leaned in and hugged her.

This time, Byeol was succumbed with an icy pressure starting at her chest and spreading to her shoulders and spreading to her arms. 

"Stop!!!" Joon was yelling in the back ground. 

Byeol eyes were still open when Sae had reached to her for a hug, now she was trying to move but her body went stiff, the last she saw was Joon and Jin running towards them and the lights went out.

 


 

Byeol saw Jin, Joon, Ghost Boy along with the scary bodyguard in what seemed to be a limo. Again they were talking so loud she couldn't hear what was being said. Joon's arm was wrapped around Ghost Boy and it looked like they were drinking champagne in glasses. Jin was now grabbing her and waving her to sit closer, just before she could move the screams came... This time Ghost Boy wasn't hold her. She was now face to face with Sae, but he wasn't moving. Byeol tried to move but it was not use, she wasn't able to touch him. She even tried to scream for help but nothing came out. 

Suddenly she started to hear Joon yelling her name in the distance...

"Byeol!" Joon and Jin were hovering over her, keeping their distance.

Byeol looking around she tried to get up but it was now hard for her to breathe. Each exhale she was gasping to inhale,  the cold air was like spikes to .

"Just breathe," Jin was panicking next to her. "Whatever you do just breathe!!! C'mon, just breathe!"

Tears were now coming down from Byeol's eyes, still gasping for air.

Joon who was knealing towards Byeol was now on the other side of the room yelling, "Sae!!! Sae!!!"

Byeol was trying to roll to her side, but she was stuck on her back and the gasping continued.

 

What felt like an eternity was about 15 minutes. Byeol was weak, trying her hardest to get up to her bed, her skin was pale and a cold sweat came on. Jin was still by her side, coaching her to get up.

Joon was still by Sae's side, making sure he was okay. No words came from Sae, he just laid there looking up to the ceiling. Now and then Joon would shake him and Sae eyes would look at Joon. There was something different now in his eyes and Joon was worried.

 

"Byeol!" her mother yelled from the living room. "Byeol!!! I need you to start dinner!" Footsteps came closer to Byeol's bedroom. Her mom swung the door open and saw her daughter looking something close to death in bed, her face was pale. "Are you sick?"

Byeol just looked at her mom without answering.

Her mother walked up to Byeol, "You better not being fooling are." She then placed her hand on Byeol's forehead. "Oh my gosh! You're cold!" Her mother moved Byeol's limp legs over to cover Byeol with a blanket. "I'll make some ramen," her mother was tucking the blankets in. 

Byeol nodded as her mother walked out the door. Byeol felt so fatigued that she drifted off to sleep.

 


 

"Something happened!" Jin was pacing the floor, he tried not to raise his voice worried he might wake up Byeol. Now looking at Joon, "you saw it right?!?"

Joon thought back to his incident with Byeol the first time. "She said she felt cold."

"What?" Jin was looking at Joon now.

"I felt this..." Joon was looking for words to say. "I felt this... I don't know." Joon was frustrated trying to explain what he felt. "She said she felt cold."

Jin was trying to understand what he was saying. "Sae," he was now looking at Sae who was still silent looking out the window. "Sae!"

Sae was stuck replaying what he envisioned while hugging Byeol.

"He's not ready to talk," Joon felt the need to defend Sae.

"What do you mean he's not ready?" Jin was losing patience. 

"He'll talk when he's ready," Joon was standing between Sae and Jin.

"Look whatever happened here left Byeol paralyzed! And now you want to wait for Sae to talk?" Jin was again raising his voice.

Joon grabbed Jin's hand and looked him in the eyes. "When you tried to grab Byeol's hand, that day. You said you felt something."

Jin knew what he was talking about but didn't know how to explaing it himself. "Yeah."

"Did you see something?" Joon never sounded so serious.

Jin thought back, "I felt like..." There were not words that would explain the feeling.

"Did you see anything?" Joon was eye to eye with Jin now.

"No, I don't think so." Jin wasn't sure what he was talking about.

"I think I'm dead," Sae finally spoke.

Jin and Joon now turned their attention to him.

"I..." Sae was too scared to say what he saw. "I-I... I saw myself but I wasn't moving."

Joon and Jin stood without moving and didn't know what to say.

"Who else did you see?" Joon was afraid of the answer.

Sae closed his eyes and turned to gather strength to look at the two. "Both of you..."

Jin was scared to move now looking at Sae's eyes that were now terrified.

"...and Ghost Boy," Sae's words trailed off into a whisper as he tried to forget it all.